Newcastle United vs. Brighton & Hove Albion: 19/10/24 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Need a win to get ourselves back on track really... I have hope, but it doesn't feel good knowing we've got an embarrassing defeat in us, here.

Always feel like this is a game that really suits us at home. They will play out from the back and we will hopefully press them well and get the result. Main worries for me are Mitoma (a hell of a player) and the inevitability of Minteh doing something but I really think the midfield and defence can be got at and we will hopefully overpower them. 

Are Notts Forest the only non "big 6" team to have beat us at home in the league since Howe came In? Always fancy us at home apart from Liverpool and City

Brighton lack the midfield quality of previous seasons and are regularly playing a high line under this new manager.

I'd be starting Murphy against these because his directness on the right with the high line is something that will make him look amazing. I'd even go with Barnes over Gordon, based on Barnes training with squad in lead up to game (and again, high line suiting him). Ideally Isak fit and would also go with Willock in CM, due to his ability to dribble through the lines which exposes opposition high lines.

Pope: Trippier, Schar, Burn, Hall: Willock, Bruno, Tonali: Barnes, Isak, Murphy

50 minutes ago, jack j said:

Are Notts Forest the only non "big 6" team to have beat us at home in the league since Howe came In? Always fancy us at home apart from Liverpool and City

That's correct. I think we've only lost to Man City and Liverpool (multiple times) and Arsenal (once) at home, outside of Forest.

Edited by Erikse

1 hour ago, jack j said:

Correct. In all competitions we've lost 9 home games under Howe.

Man City 2x

Liverpool 3x

Arsenal 1x

Forest 1x

Cambridge Utd 1x ( :lol: )

Dortmund 1x

Milan 1x

Edited by HaydnNUFC

29 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Man City 2x

Liverpool 3x

Arsenal 1x

Forest 1x

Dortmund 1x

Milan 1x

This is pretty incredible given what went before

35 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Man City 2x

Liverpool 3x

Arsenal 1x

Forest 1x

Dortmund 1x

Milan 1x

Howe out!!

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Second international break after only 8 league games FFS.  What an absolute shambles. 

Its always been this way though. There was always a Mid Sept, Mid Oct, Mid Nov international break apart from the Covid seasons.

4 hours ago, Vaj said:

Always feel like this is a game that really suits us at home. They will play out from the back and we will hopefully press them well and get the result. Main worries for me are Mitoma (a hell of a player) and the inevitability of Minteh doing something but I really think the midfield and defence can be got at and we will hopefully overpower them. 

Agree with this.  They have the ability to take us apart of they get it right and our press is off.  But they arguably look even more fragile and open at the back than they did under De Zerbi.  Despite winning yesterday, Spurs created loads in that first half.  They've already conceded 10 goals, although TBF, they have played against better teams than us. 

Just now, TRC said:

Its always been this way though. There was always a Mid Sept, Mid Oct, Mid Nov international break apart from the Covid seasons.

I know.  Yet every season it somehow feels worse and worse.  Barely even back to it and it just stops every 5 minutes.