Edgar

Guest JamesD

Guest keego_nufc

Shows the kid isnt scum like Owen Hargreaves

"There's a lot of Canadians who go abroad and, all of a sudden, they want to become Dutch," said his father. "David stood up in front of the media (yesterday) and said `I'm a Canadian.'"

Guest TheOrder

So was Huntington-Edgar the regular partnership in the reserves then?

Paul Mosley/NSG?

Yes

Ah, the voice of the academy/reserves speaks again:D

"There's a lot of Canadians who go abroad and, all of a sudden, they want to become Dutch," said his father. "David stood up in front of the media (yesterday) and said `I'm a Canadian.'"

and Jonathan de Guzmán of Feyenoord who seems a great prospect but wants to play for the Dutch. His brother plays for Canada though

its a gradual knock on effect though, if edgar does have a decent future and stays with Canada as im sure he will, others around him will take a look at themselves.

Its setting examples..although im sure its going to take more than 3 or 4 david edgars to get that flow moving.

Its the biggest and fastest growing urban sport in Canada, its only a matter of time until they start bringing through more players, better players..

..its just depends how further forward the world of football moves in the time that it takes.

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif Edgar has one decent game, and everyone think's he's some wonder kid who is going to put Canadian football back on the map.

He'll never make it, he'll be championship class at best. Quote me in 6 month, I'll be right.

Guest Groundhog

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif Edgar has one decent game, and everyone think's he's some wonder kid who is going to put Canadian football back on the map.

He'll never make it, he'll be championship class at best. Quote me in 6 month, I'll be right.

Bollocks tbh.

Typical of this forum tbh, either he's havin a laff or he thinks HE can judge a player after 1 game but criticise others who do the same but reach  a different conclusion. Then again he may watch the young'uns and think that counts. It doesnt!!

this site is shite  tongue.gif

Guest smoggeordie

So was Huntington-Edgar the regular partnership in the reserves then?

Paul Mosley/NSG?

Yes

Ah, the voice of the academy/reserves speaks again:D

?

Bollocks tbh.

Typical of this forum tbh, either he's havin a laff or he thinks HE can judge a player after 1 game but criticise others who do the same but reach a different conclusion. Then again he may watch the young'uns and think that counts. It doesnt!!

this site is shite tongue.gif

You can only go by what u see and he played well so why the fuck people can critisize him is beyond me!

How is Hargreaves scum for saying he's Canadian because he was born and raised in Canada? It's called pride.

How is Hargreaves scum for saying he's Canadian because he was born and raised in Canada? It's called pride.

Perhaps it's because he's so proud of being Canadian that he plays for England? Not that you can blame the lad really.

Perhaps it's because he's so proud of being Canadian that he plays for England? Not that you can blame the lad really.

But he could be a Canadian legend!

J. De Guzman looks quality shame he won't help out his fellow Canadians.

Edgar looks the best of hiself, Rammy and Hunty. So far anyway.

Because he scored a goal?

Everyone blatantly forgetting he tried his best to throw the result away in the last minute by trying to take Ronaldo on?

Guest nufcandy

J. De Guzman looks quality shame he won't help out his fellow Canadians

Everyone blatantly forgetting he tried his best to throw the result away in the last minute by trying to take Ronaldo on?

19yr old centre half, playing at left back, on his home debut.....shame on him, he should be perfect finished footballing article already!

:thup: Yeah, I think if that was Huntington or Ramage, we would have pages and pages of threads about them trying to skin Ronaldo.

I think Edgar could be a decent squad player, but I don't like the idea of relying on kids.

Perhaps it's because playing for England would get him more exposure than playing for Canada?

The choice to play for England may not actually be anything related to pride, but more to do with his ambition and drive to succeed. If he were playing for Canada, he probably wouldn't have impressed so many England supporters this past summer, he wouldn't be attracting the interest of clubs such as Man United and wouldn't be one of the most important players in the one of the top leagues in the world.

19yr old centre half, playing at left back, on his home debut.....shame on him, he should be perfect finished footballing article already!

Yeah, just forgive him if he threw it away in the last minute eh.  Tis allright, he's only a kid eh?

Yeah, just forgive him if he threw it away in the last minute eh.  Tis allright, he's only a kid eh?

Slagging him for nearly doing something wrong? :lol:

Guest TheOrder

Yes Sima, yes.

I didn't realise he nearly attempted to take Ronaldo on in the last minute when he was the last defender.

I didn't realise he nearly attempted to take Ronaldo on in the last minute when he was the last defender.

He didn't.

It was Rooney. bluebigrazz.gif

He was lucky, got away with something a bit silly only an inexperienced youngster would risk. Hardly worth a slagging.

He didn't.

It was Rooney. bluebigrazz.gif

He was lucky, got away with something a bit silly only an inexperienced youngster would risk. Hardly worth a slagging.

No it was Ronaldo.

Perhaps it's because playing for England would get him more exposure than playing for Canada?

The choice to play for England may not actually be anything related to pride, but more to do with his ambition and drive to succeed. If he were playing for Canada, he probably wouldn't have impressed so many England supporters this past summer, he wouldn't be attracting the interest of clubs such as Man United and wouldn't be one of the most important players in the one of the top leagues in the world.

You're right of course, just like no one's heard of players like Ryan Giggs or George Best.

Look, I don't blame the lad for not wanting to waste his international career, but if I was Canadian I might be a bit pissed off that he'd rather play for another country than help his own national team. It's called pride.