Newcastle 2 - 2 Man Utd - Post match thoughts

Dave

Guest STaylor87

AMAZING MATCH!

Delighted to hault Man.Utd's winning streak, and I'll be cheering Chelsea on tomorrow.

Chuffed to bits for Edgar :)

COME ON!!!!

GET IN !!!

Voice gone :D

A patch workd team that did really well today, the linesman on wor side was shocking and on the radio they were goign on about Roeder doing his nutt somthing to do with Ronaldo and Wiley before KO.

Was it a pen? hard to tellf rom where we were, aslo how the fkn hell did Scholes stay on the pitch ?

But well doen lads hold your heads up high.  :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

You on about the handball by Vidic? He handled it but it was never a pen tbh.

na mate pen for us,  2nd half, ball over the top form Emre and I think it was Dyer who got clatterd.

was so hard to tell from where we were.

Oh and howay lads go easy on Parker you could see he was given the task today of doing a job on Rooney, he stuck to him like glue.

Never a pen, was at my end.

Cheers mate  :thup:

I can see nowt down the Leazes, mind, we could mebbes team up for a match report at some point  :lol:

Given 7 - usual solid performance.

Solano 7 - always positive in possession, and got in some good challenges. On the debit side, he was regularly caught out of position.

Huntington 6 - made a few errors on the ball, but ready to take responsibility and did well, considering his inexperience.

Taylor 7 - a solid game. Looks much more decisive than before.

Edgar 7 - Did remarkably well, and looks a good prospect.

Milner 8 - Faded a bit in the second half, but worked very hard. That goal was the highlight of the season so far. The sort that really lifts you off your chair. His decision-making is improving all the time.

Emre 5 - Looked weak in possession and gave the ball away too much.

Parker 6 - The usual frustrating mixture. Got in some good tackles, but didn't show enough initiative on the ball.

Dyer 8 - He wasted some good situations, but worked very hard, and time and again he got us going forward.

Martins 6 - Battled hard, but was up against strong defenders and not much went his way.

Sibierski 6 - Looked slow and not very strong at holding the ball up, but kept going and now and then he created some good things for us.

Credit to Ferguson for a fair summary of the game - they had more chances but we showed great spirit and a draw was fair. I had the impression that Man U were too complacent. After they went ahead, they assumed the game was won and took their foot off the gas.

Solano has been our player of the season so far in my view. For me he is captain material, he's loved by the fans and seemingly the players too, he has a very good footballing brain and has improved those playing around him. People may talk about Butt (who deserves credit) but I honestly believe Solano has been the reason our defence has improved.

Milner needed this goal, he's been coming on a lot this season. Hopefully he can kick on now.

Absolutely delighted for Edgar, it sends a message to our young players what can be achieved. A month ago he wouldn't have dreamt of getting in the starting lineup.

In the circumstances this is a massive point for us. Perhaps we could have defended better for the goals but Man Utd are the best team in the league right now, scoring left right and centre and are deservedly four points clear of Chelsea.

We have two weeks until our next Premiership game so hopefully we can get Duff and Butt back for Tottenham.

Solano 7 - always positive in possession, and got in some good challenges. On the debit side, he was regularly caught out of position.

Huntington 6 - made a few errors on the ball, but ready to take responsibility and did well, considering his inexperience.

Milner 8 - Faded a bit in the second half, but worked very hard. That goal was the highlight of the season so far. The sort that really lifts you off your chair. His decision-making is improving all the time.

Parker 6 - The usual frustrating mixture. Got in some good tackles, but didn't show enough initiative on the ball.

Dyer 8 - He wasted some good situations, but worked very hard, and time and again he got us going forward.

Martins 6 - Battled hard, but was up against strong defenders and not much went his way.

Sibierski 6 - Looked slow and not very strong at holding the ball up, but kept going and now and then he created some good things for us.

Credit to Ferguson for a fair summary of the game - they had more chances but we showed great spirit and a draw was fair. I had the impression that Man U were too complacent. After they went ahead, they assumed the game was won and took their foot off the gas.

Siberski "6"!! Crikey, must have watched a different game to you... he was Shearer-esque today.

By the way, check out the limp wrist on Huntington! In fact his general posture is totally camp :lol: You can just imagine him shrieking when Scholes scored.

What happened to having big mean centre halves?!

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/72911033.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19364A19ADEE617E8A813FE64E9BD9144162F2C5C4253AD716A

Guest smoggeordie

Siberski "6"!! Crikey, must have watched a different game to you... he was Shearer-esque today.

I agree, won absolutely everything in the air.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Back to goal, holding the ball up. Getting lumps kicked out of him.

He can't be French surely?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Solano has been our player of the season so far in my view. For me he is captain material, he's loved by the fans and seemingly the players too, he has a very good footballing brain and has improved those playing around him.

That's all true but one thing pisses me off; he won't take free kicks. Why I don't know because he is our best set piece taker, maybe he's worried about defending but if we get a free kick in a good position I'd still want him to take it  over Emre "I'm shit at free kicks" Belezoglu. He should be more assertive but if he was he'd put Parker to shame as he just isn't captain material, IMO.

Guest MalcolmSm1th

Martins.  I love the way that he fought for every ball and chased everything.  I can't help but feel that the Spirit and the Fight came through him.  He was marvellous and only let down by poor passing.

I'm sitting here still with dewy eyes and I can't remember the last time and under whom we fought like that.  I don't care what folk say but I really believe that Roeder has given this side some backbone.

Excuse me whilst I peel open another bottle of Bordeaux soup.

Excellent performance and a brilliant game, well chuffed. :D

Given - 7

Solano - 7

Taylor - 7

Huntington - 6

Edgar - 8

Dyer - 7

Parker - 6

Emre - 5

Milner - 8

The Sib - 8

Martins - 7

Accurate.

Solano has been our player of the season so far in my view. For me he is captain material, he's loved by the fans and seemingly the players too, he has a very good footballing brain and has improved those playing around him.

That's all true but one thing pisses me off; he won't take free kicks. Why I don't know because he is our best set piece taker, maybe he's worried about defending but if we get a free kick in a good position I'd still want him to take it  over Emre "I'm shit at free kicks" Belezoglu. He should be more assertive but if he was he'd put Parker to shame as he just isn't captain material, IMO.

This bugs me as well. Solano's corner delivery was never the best but I'd definitely have him taking our free kicks, espescially those inviting for a right-footer. Just tell one of the other midfielders to stay back and let Nobby have a crack at it.

Perhaps he has been told to stay back though?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

That's all true but one thing pisses me off; he won't take free kicks. Why I don't know because he is our best set piece taker, maybe he's worried about defending but if we get a free kick in a good position I'd still want him to take it over Emre "I'm shit at free kicks" Belezoglu. He should be more assertive but if he was he'd put Parker to shame as he just isn't captain material, IMO.

This bugs me as well. Solano's corner delivery was never the best but I'd definitely have him taking our free kicks, espescially those inviting for a right-footer. Just tell one of the other midfielders to stay back and let Nobby have a crack at it.

Perhaps he has been told to stay back though?

Sack the board then

Given 7.5 - Some great saves and good distribution today too!

Nobby 7 - We need him as our RB, gets beaten sometimes, but makes up for that with his passing out of defence and his great reading of the game.

Taylor - 7.5 Very good today against some awesome players.

Hunty 7 - Looks like a very promising defender, his inexperience shows at times but stick with him and who knows how good he'll be?

Edgar 9 - Filled in out of position at LB, defended well and scored against man u and all this on his home debut!!

Dyer 8 - Not as good as he can be going forward today but tracked back a hell of alot and played well (tired late on).

Parker 6.5 - didn't really stand out today at all.

Emre 7 - Some good moves came through him and his brilliant ability to hold the ball up did well for us!

Milner 8.5 - Awesome goal capped an energetic display got the better of Neville who was lucky not to get two yellows.

Le Sib - gutted when he didn't score a free header from 6 yards but he played very well otherwise, very involved!

Martins 6.5 - he had no service really and as a result didn't do as much as we know he can.

Guest Knightrider

Shay - 7

Solano - 8

Taylor - 7

Huntington - 7

Edgar - 8.5 MOTM

Dyer - 6

Parker - 6

Emre - 5

Milner - 8

Sibierski - 5

Martins - 5

Martins was good today and won a lot of battles he had no right in wining but he did make a lot of poor passes!

I thought his link up play in the first half was excellent and it was how I'd hope he'll play when Owen is back, he was controlling everything on his chest and laying it off when support arrived, second half he went missing although the support just wasn't there.