Newcastle 2 - 2 Man Utd - Post match thoughts

Dave

Guest Ridzuan

Back to the game,I thought everyone did exceptionally well.Dyer was pretty quite apart from the chance he had.My MOM will probably be Nobby because he has done well defensively as well as attackingly.Surprisingly,he managed to keep Ronaldo quiet for most part of the match today but at some point,he was caught ball watching.Cracking goal from Milner,Im glad he finally got a goal and hopefully he stays with us for the rest of the season.And Edgar scoring,though it is deflected,it was a good shot and he deserved all the praise.It was our best performance against Man Utd for some time now.

Guest andynufc84

Good result, we were playing against a team far superior to us in every department

We had some good fortune along the way but I felt we deserved it as the lads worked very hard

Fantastic strike by milner (Roeders best ever decision was to call off his transfer to villa)

Good result, we were playing against a team far superior to us in every department

We had some good fortune along the way but I felt we deserved it as the lads worked very hard

Fantastic strike by milner (Roeders best ever decision was to call off his transfer to villa)

Viduka's decision to be honest

Great result considering the fact that Man Utd are in top form and all the injuries we have.

Milner,Solano,Taylor played fantastic :thup:

Taylor-20

Huntington-19

Edgar-19

Milner-20

Martins-22

LOL

We have very young squad and with that squad we played great against Man Utd :thup:

We just need to be consistent

Guest nufc1984

having watched the game,G R should take some credit for finding a team who want to play for NUFC.

I think the team picked itself to be fair!

I take my hat off to Sibierski for apologising about not scoring the header. It takes some guts to come out after the match and say "Hey, maybe we would have won had I not missed and I'm sorry for that". We very rarel these days see players coming out and saying things like that after a game.

Everyone cheered just for no reason really when he was chasing down a ball, dunno about a trick

Wasn't actually a trick. I think it was he outmuscled 3 Man U defenders, and rolled the ball back to Milner near the touchline (2nd half). The closest thing to a trick was him stepping down hard on the ball to trap it, which deterred the Man U defenders from going near him!  :lol:

I was expecting us to be absolutely battered. Lets face it, we've been battered by them with many more first teamers available than last night.

It wasn't that Man U were bad either. They wanted the game, but f*cking hell we had some heart and some fight and for so many young, inexperienced players to be able to match them. I'm proud of them.

Excellent performance and a brilliant game, well chuffed. :D

Given - 7

Solano - 7

Taylor - 7

Huntington - 6

Edgar - 8

Dyer - 7

Parker - 6

Emre - 5

Milner - 8

The Sib - 8

Martins - 7

Accurate.

Completely agree.

Milner should have got MOM made Neville look stupid a few times, some good tackles, got back and forth well.

Parker is just coming back from injury, i agree he hasn`t be as good lately but he was better than some made out. He set the spirit up of the team straight from the start. Can no one remember the tackle right at the start when he made Rooney look stupid and clattered him a few times. I think it was that at the start that quitened Rooney.

Harsh comments on Martins too, he is 5ft nothing and he had Rio and vidic all over him but still won over 50% of his headers. Showed emmense strength too. Its a team game.

I havn`t had that much fun during a game since the Robson era.

Given 7 Saves were fantastic, kicking was average.

Solano 7 Can't remember him being skined by ronaldo on too many occasions and a couple of composed headers

Taylor 8 Considering he was up against rooney and giggs he looked very good. Saha is average.

Huntington 7 Hard to do anything but compliment the lad. Couple of good headers but a couple of misplace passes.

Edgar 7 Never looked out of place, against league leaders lets not forget.

Dyer 7 Everytime he's on the ball he runs forward. Key to our season.

Emre 6 Didn't do a great deal during the game. Him and fletcher canceled each other out.

Parker 6 The only job he had was to stop scholes. However, did work hard enough.

Milner 8 Goal and assist. Good game

Sibierski 9 Won EVERY header.

Martins 7 Gave the ball away four times in a row but also showed some good control and link up play.

Everyone cheered just for no reason really when he was chasing down a ball, dunno about a trick

Wasn't actually a trick. I think it was he outmuscled 3 Man U defenders, and rolled the ball back to Milner near the touchline (2nd half). The closest thing to a trick was him stepping down hard on the ball to trap it, which deterred the Man U defenders from going near him! :lol:

Ah, OK. I just assumed he'd done a trick because everyone went Wahey!

From where I was sitting it looked like he used both feet at the same time to flick the ball up with his toes so that it went over the defender's foot.

. overall good performance showed lots of spirit and heart and actually the second goal was more emre's fault because he couldn't be arsed to run back to the box leaving parker with fletcher and scholes but it was a stupid back pass from parker anyway but Shay didn't have to smack it he could have just passed it to Taylor. o thought Nobby generally played well but he was sloppy with some passing and got sucked in too much and got caught out of position. Parker tried hard but he is a little too negative. Emre was sh*te Milner tried his bollocks off and hats off to Dyer never stopped running and tracked Ronaldo all game. Sibber and Martins ran alot to say the least, Sibber was disappointing on the ball though and he even got outjumped by Evra a few times but he gave his all and Martins was poor in the first half but he was very good i though in the 2nd half and his passing much improved in the second half too. pleased for edgar too but Hunty was abit shaky. but it was a Fcuking brilliant performance  bluebiggrin.gif

oh yeah martins trick was when he started doing this weird tapping the ball with his feet, it looked like he was doing some sort of dance on the ball, it was very strange but a neat trick that made gary neville look like a total faggot.

Did he really have to do a trick to achieve that?

Guest newcastle4life

Great result hopfully continues with a win today with the young players doing well well done Edgar for the goal.