Newcastle 2 - 2 Man Utd - Post match thoughts

Dave

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Thought Parker had an OK game too, but I know I'm going to be shot down with some serious vitriol for suggesting that so I'll say no more.

I agree ok, just not a captain's performance and a few cringeworthy things. Who gives a fuck though we got a result

I thought Parker had some very poor moments for a captain.

He failed to hold his position for both of their goals.

For their second goal he was miles out of position, Ronaldo had the ball out on our right with Solano in front of him and Dyer coming in to back him up, as per usual Parker gets attracted to the ball leaving Scholes on his own at the edge of the box.

Shocking play.

First-half diagnosis?

Great Football end to end fantastic edge of the seat stuff.

Second-half diagnosis?

They scored after 25 secs and started turning the screw and i feared the worst till our goal then we perked up again.

Full-time diagnosis?

Draw a fair result for all our efforts.

Star man for United?

Edgar - he filled in admirably at LB, he defended well, scored the equalizer against Man u and all on his home debut!!

Worst United player?

Tough one! Really disappointed with Sib when he didn't score a free header from 6 yards out, but in fairness  he really got stuck in and was a busy player. I'd have to say Martins was our worst, he was very frustrated in all fairness as as he got so little service. Just not his game but fully expect him to bounce back.

Opposition comment?

they are the best team in the prem and missed a few chances which cost them.

Toon-pros?

Edgars Debut!

A point against the odds!

A good performance!

Toon-cons?

Emre and Sib injury worries + where was Butt??

Post-match feelings?  Delighted with a point, as thought we could be in for a thumping!!

Thought Parker had an OK game too, but I know I'm going to be shot down with some serious vitriol for suggesting that so I'll say no more.

I agree ok, just not a captain's performance and a few cringeworthy things. Who gives a fuck though we got a result

Fair play. To be fair to him we were playing a full strength Man Utd team, and he made some fine blocks and challenges.

I agree that Solano should get the armband however, simply because he's a more consistent player, is much more experienced than Parker and also because he has a very close bond with the club and fans.

Guest optimistic nit

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/72910806.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19364A19ADEE617E8A8C4965D1813AC1E891D842B4D5671C9AA

Milner- "fuck me this kids a mentalist :shock: "

Another shocking performance by Emre :thdn:

What are you on about? Did you watch the game?

Certainly wasn't his finest but given how many knocks he took I won't hold that against. Wasn't that bad at all.

Yes i watched the game

Maybe one of the reasons for his display today was that he took a couple of knocks and maybe carryied some kind of injury!

But i think that he is in bad form right now

Maybe is better if we play with Butt and Parker in the middle

GET IN !!!

Voice gone :D

A patch workd team that did really well today, the linesman on wor side was shocking and on the radio they were goign on about Roeder doing his nutt somthing to do with Ronaldo and Wiley before KO.

Was it a pen? hard to tellf rom where we were, aslo how the fkn hell did Scholes stay on the pitch ?

But well doen lads hold your heads up high.  :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Another shocking performance by Emre :thdn:

What are you on about? Did you watch the game?

Certainly wasn't his finest but given how many knocks he took I won't hold that against. Wasn't that bad at all.

Yes i watched the game

Maybe one of the reasons for his display today was that he took a couple of knocks and maybe carryied some kind of injury!

But i think that he is in bad form right now

Maybe is better if we play with Butt and Parker in the middle

I don't think Emre would say he had a good game like - I think he doesn't look too happy, maybe a bit unsettled

GET IN !!!

A patch workd team that did really well today, the linesman on wor side was shocking and on the radio they were goign on about Roeder doing his nutt somthing to do with Ronaldo and Wiley before KO.

Was it a pen? hard to tellf rom where we were, aslo how the fkn hell did Scholes stay on the pitch ?

You on about the handball by Vidic? He handled it but it was never a pen tbh.

GET IN !!!

na mate pen for us,  2nd half, ball over the top form Emre and I think it was Dyer who got clatterd.

was so hard to tell from where we were.

Oh and howay lads go easy on Parker you could see he was given the task today of doing a job on Rooney, he stuck to him like glue.

Guest makemeacupoftea

I got some stuff to say

First of all i felt we played class, first to the ball etc, even though we had a few mistakes thats natural, i really felt we could have won the match in the first half.

Our defence played brilliant and stopped ronaldo well, we were solid through out the game and you can't help it when paul scholes whacks the ball, he's class and the goals couldn't be defended.

Also the bastard referee was totally against us, i felt for their second goal Dyer got fouled (i think) and everytime they fouled us we got fuck all

anyway, get in lads we deserved the win

One of the best games of the season to go to, but at times surprisingly subdued (even when we got back to 2-2.) Perhaps because of the day, or the lack of public transport, or the weather - the atmosphere never really stuck around for too long, but it was hair-raising when things got going.

We did great to get a point because I didn't think we played very well at all for long periods, but that is to be expected against the team that we saw today - Man Utd looked terrifying on the break - I'd hate to see them in full-flow. I thought Sibierski was of immense importance today because of the amount of battling/harrying/chasing he did, combined with some fantastic football and a lot of headers won against two significantly taller/stronger defenders. He gave them a real game of it and I thought Martins got stuck in a fair bit too - although his passing remains absolutley woeful, we'll let him off because of his chasing-down and general spirit today, though.

Dyer was a constant threat and ran himself into the ground, Milner scored a fantastic goal that he fully deserves and gave the best RB in the league a real headache whenever he got the ball - I thought Parker and Emre were very good in the first half but as soon as we scored they both got pushed back extremely deep and vanished from the game until the closing stages, where Emre in particular seemed to want to push on more.

Solano was typically calm and classy and didn't shirk against the league's best winger and probably the league's second-best winger when they were on his side, Edgar was immense for his debut... unlike Ramage/Taylor/Hunty he actually looks as though he can play a bit on the deck as well as being a bit of a powerhouse, I was well-impressed. Taylor and Huntington battled manfully and won oodles of headers and challenges, Taylor in particular is starting to look the part although I do recall a couple of hairy moments when he lost his man (saha being the one that really sticks out.) Given did the business when he was called upon and his kicking was much-improved today.

Also, I caught the ball for the first ever tiime and chucked it back to Giggs for the corner far too quickly, they  scored fairly soon after that and I felt very guilty until Edgar's goal... bit daft, I know.

Good result, although I think we might have been a bit bolder and if Sibierski had scored his big chance at 1-1 then I think we could have done them today. Well done Roeder and the lads... I'm off to warm my fingers up, if there's any typos then my shivering hands are to blame.

GET IN !!!

na mate pen for us,  2nd half, ball over the top form Emre and I think it was Dyer who got clatterd.

Oh and howay lads go easy on Parker you could see he was given the task today of doing a job on Rooney, he stuck to him like glue.

Never a pen, was at my end.

First-half diagnosis?

End to end football, Man U could have scored 10, we could have probably scored 5.

Second-half diagnosis?

The goal so early probably helped us as they didn't seem to go for it as much as the first half.

Full-time diagnosis?

A point that we probably deserved but could have easily lost, I thought they were playing like we did under Keegan.  They could have scored a lot more and could have let a few more in.

Star man for United?

Nobby, he played too high up the field in the first half but his header off the line was crucial. 

Worst United player?

Probably Martins, he set the first goal up although they should never have had the ball for so long.

Opposition comment?

I hope they go on to win the title, they are far more positive than Chelsea.

Toon-pros?

A point more than expected, we deserved it for not giving up.

Toon-cons?

I still think we're only 90 minutes away from our next defeat.

Post-match feelings?

Over the moon.

GET IN !!!

Never a pen, was at my end.

Cheers mate  :thup: