Newcastle 2 - 2 Man Utd - Post match thoughts

Dave

I think Rapealdo was a bit frustrated and he was finding beating Nobby difficult. Then the clearance off the line as well.

Defo got pissed off but remained a major danger, especially with the late header.

I thought Nobby had a good game.

gave quite a few cheap balls away but was calm on the ball most of the time

He dominated Ronaldo in the second half, looked like he was gonna break his legs with some of the challanges :D did more than enough to keep him quiet.

yeah agreed if you can keep ronaldo quiet youve done your job. Just a few sloppy passes when in possession. I suppose for someone as technically superb as him you dont expect it.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Manure were lucky to leave SJP alive; we fucking hammered them. Have to say Parker isn't captain material imo, such a negative player, gave the ball straight to Given from kick off who is obviously going to lose it inviting the pressure back on, awful.

Guest Hibbits left foot

Emre was poor , the bairns did well, what was the idea behind kicking the ball to Shay from the kick off in the 2nd half? Answers on a postcard please

Amazing innit all this time and the kids have to gan dee it!

Best bit was Roeders reaction for Edgars goal.

Fucking Brilliant!

Guest SmileyCulture

Martins was pants today. Bit hard to critisise with that result though.

Martins good at holding up the ball but on the other hand he tends  to lose possesion way too easy also. If only he would pass it a bit earlier...

He had very little in the way of support in the second half to be honest, sib looks a bit nackerd and was going down worse than an italian striker while martins almost consistently had 2-4 defenders smothering him while he tried to hold it up. Better service/more support is needed for him to produce consistent goals.

Martins good at holding up the ball but on the other hand he tends to lose possesion way too easy also. If only he would pass it a bit earlier...

He needs to make more runs down the line and get his head up, if he does he will be a quality team player aswell as a goalscorer, which he isn't quite atm.

Martins good at holding up the ball but on the other hand he tends to lose possesion way too easy also. If only he would pass it a bit earlier...

He needs to make more runs down the line and get his head up, if he does he will be a quality team player aswell as a goalscorer, which he isn't quite atm.

he def needs to take people on a bit more

Fantastic finish, all credit to the lads for grinding out a point against one of the toughest teams in the League. Bonus points to Edgar for his performance today! A solid effort in defense, and a goal that'll have him grinning for days. Not bad for a 19-year-old in his 2nd senior team match.

Guest SmileyCulture

Emre was poor , the bairns did well, what was the idea behind kicking the ball to Shay from the kick off in the 2nd half? Answers on a postcard please

Emre pulled something 5 minutes in and it didn't look like he managed to walk it off right up to when he was taken off - probably why he was pretty quiet all game.

Is there a more wonderful sight than seeing your 19-year old being so fucking happy when he scores?

It's sping tingling. I had shivers when I saw that. Definately the best thing about the game. Did you see Glenn's reaction?  :lol: He had to be held up by Terry Mac, he nearly fainted

Guest Phil K

If we knew what to do with a lead, we could have had 3 points there.

Well yes, but if not for a few lucky clearances, not to mention the fact that my countryman is a really, really horrendous finisher, we'd have been down 4~5 goals.

The result is all that matters tbh. And I'd be happy with this result if we were fielding a full-strength team, never mind a reserve squad

By the same token, the game that LOST us the title against the gloryhunters way back then - if it wasnt for luck, the woodwork and poor finishing, Newcastle would have pasted Man U by several goals too, and won the league that year. But Man U fans RIGHTLTY say it's not the goals you miss, but the one Cantona SCORED that will be remembered.

It applies both ways.

Milner protected edgar really well, i think roeder had him do it when huntington played at full back against chelsea. Effective.

Milner did a good job defensively, would've thought it would've been better to have him on the right to kick the shit out of Ronaldo, but it worked out well.

Apart from his goal, which ofcourse, was absolute class, he gave the ball away too often, just like the rest of our players.

Great fighting spirit and a lot of credit to Roeder who got the tactics SPOT ON.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

luque instead on sibs would of been better, sibs has no technique at all

He started the move that got the first goal FFS !

Thats technique in my book.

he has got shit technique, but makes up for it in other departments when compared with Luque, ie Effort.

luque instead on sibs would of been better, sibs has no technique at all

He started the move that got the first goal FFS !

Thats technique in my book.

he has got shit technique, but makes up for it in other departments when compared with Luque, ie Effort.

Aye.

Milner protected edgar really well, i think roeder had him do it when huntington played at full back against chelsea. Effective.

Milner did a good job defensively, would've thought it would've been better to have him on the right to kick the shit out of Ronaldo, but it worked out well.

Apart from his goal, which ofcourse, was absolute class, he gave the ball away too often, just like the rest of our players.

Great fighting spirit and a lot of credit to Roeder who got the tactics SPOT ON.

Yeah i think he wanted the new player to be protected which is understandable. I agree that we gave the ball away cheaply way too often considering the quality we had in midfield today.

Guest jda2006

any monkey could of done that! dont get me wrong he wins plenty of headers but, when he trys to keep the ball up he dont play anyone else in just looses it all the while