You can always trust the Scousers...

Optimistic Nut

Guest king harry

This thread really is quality, on one hand you've got the whiney, lefty do-gooding, whittlers who can just let something lie or get over something and on the other side you've got people who just don't care because it's just something that happened and could really be forgotten about. People die every day for one reason or another, greater disasters have happened in the world with less coverage but people keep dragging it up. Tbh I couldn't care less either way but I still stand by what i said about scousers always trying to get sympathy, regardless of whether you think I'm a stereo-typing tw*t - at the end of the day I don't care about that either because for the majority of scousers I've met it's true and this isn't proving me wrong in the slightest. bluebigrazz.gif

Yes a lot of scousers have left wing beliefs true, some geordies also claim they do, but then as they were the main culprets for going down to notts to help the scan miners who knows.

Thankfully some people give a shit. This thread kind of makes me understand why Newcastle's support has gone totally down the swanney over the past 10 years or so. Bunch of naysayers, the lot of yer.

:roll:

I'm interested to know why you think you have any sort of right to dictate who the BBC employ. There's loads of people I think are C***s on tv and radio, one of the BBC's biggest ever stars was a convicted murderer ffs, but I didn't take me "Dirty Den OUT!" banner down the Monument.

For the record, I think MacKenzie is a complete and utter wanker, devoid of any sort of moral fibre.

Because it was only on the back of those comments that they hired him.

Total crap. He was the editor of a major national newspaper for over a decade, as well as being heavily involved in many other media areas - and you think the BBC have hired him because he said that and nothing else? Aye reet, cos the world revolves around LFC doesn't it?

Guest king harry

Thankfully some people give a shit. This thread kind of makes me understand why Newcastle's support has gone totally down the swanney over the past 10 years or so. Bunch of naysayers, the lot of yer.

:roll:

I'm interested to know why you think you have any sort of right to dictate who the BBC employ. There's loads of people I think are C***s on tv and radio, one of the BBC's biggest ever stars was a convicted murderer ffs, but I didn't take me "Dirty Den OUT!" banner down the Monument.

For the record, I think MacKenzie is a complete and utter wanker, devoid of any sort of moral fibre.

Because it was only on the back of those comments that they hired him.

Total crap. He was the editor of a major national newspaper for over a decade, as well as being heavily involved in many other media areas - and you think the BBC have hired him because he said that and nothing else? Aye reet, cos the world revolves around LFC doesn't it?

They confirmed the program 3 days later and advertised it as " Kelvin Mckenzie, the ex editor of the sun newspaper, and who has been in the news recently due to his contraversial comments about the hillsborough disaster". He was also penned in to appear on question time but dropped out when he got word a few of us were in the audiance.

Guest king harry

Self-pitying scousers? Well I never.

Trying to bond with the Juventus fans got you a deserved reaction a few years back tbh

Personally didnt agree with that and certainly didnt try and bond with any in italy.

That Toon's Taylor on here - you need a proper education - terrible views you have on this.

The reason this protest is going ahead now is because it's our first opportunity after Christmas to let McKenzie know we're STILL not going to let him get away easily with his disgraceful actions. It's an FA Cup game - Hillsborough was an FA Cup game. The protest is planned for 6 minutes - the time at which the game was abandoned.

The fact that the newspaper in question has not recovered sales, so long after the event, stands true testament to how powerful a force we can be when sticking together by principles - a word not often used these days sadly.

Saturday's protest is just another step in that direction.

You should be applauding the fact that a man can be so effectively kept in check by an army of decent minded people who have got up off their arses and been pro-active.

bovril and melanchronic. thanks for your support.

All because some greedy Liverpool fans tried to squash themselves into a space they shoudn't of been in. If they had jobs they would have had proper tickets.

(and yes i did misread it i do apologise, but we all make mistakes like robbing ones dead, which i for one believe wasn't too far off the truth)

Fcuknig disgrace you, you cunt.

Just another thick, clueless internet bellend.

Self-pitying scousers? Well I never.

Trying to bond with the Juventus fans got you a deserved reaction a few years back tbh

Personally didnt agree with that and certainly didnt try and bond with any in italy.

I was referring to the game at Anfield tbh

Guest Brazilianbob

This argument has been done and done amongst ourselves, and we need to be relistic. The sun boycott, worked, it was the biggest selling paper on merseyside, now its the smallest. Gerrard was never the first person to sell his stuff to the NOTW, owen had a regular spot every week, but he was never one of us anyway, and was always classed as an outsider still. People thought gerard would of knew better, as he is local and his couisin died at hillsborough.

Of course it was the largest circulated newspaper in Liverpool!  The Sun is aimed at adults with a reading age of 11 years old!

Guest bovril

The fact that the newspaper in question has not recovered sales, so long after the event, stands true testament to how powerful a force we can be when sticking together by principles - a word not often used these days sadly.

Saturday's protest is just another step in that direction.

You should be applauding the fact that a man can be so effectively kept in check by an army of decent minded people who have got up off their arses and been pro-active.

Spot on mate, you scousers on this thread have talked the most sense i've read in a long time.  The likes of TT & AP are no doubt the slime ejeculated from the rotting sacks of those scabs mentioned above ;)

all the best.

Guest Gemmill

Hillsborough:  The Truth, by Phil Scraton.

Good read for anyone interested in educating them about the whole thing.  Good luck to anyone involved in the campaign tbh.  Some misjudged, moronic and frankly embarrassing comments on this thread by some of our knuckle draggers.  :thdn:

All because some greedy Liverpool fans tried to squash themselves into a space they shoudn't of been in. If they had jobs they would have had proper tickets.

(and yes i did misread it i do apologise, but we all make mistakes like robbing ones dead, which i for one believe wasn't too far off the truth)

Fcuknig disgrace you, you cunt.

Just another thick, clueless internet bellend.

:lol:

And why not boycott Sky TV too, refusing the millions of pounds in TV revenue while you're at it because Rupert Murdoch is involved with Sky and The Sun.

involved? he owns them both!

and liverpool fans work for both

Guest Geordie_Paul

Hillsborough: The Truth, by Phil Scraton.

Good read for anyone interested in educating them about the whole thing. Good luck to anyone involved in the campaign tbh. Some misjudged, moronic and frankly embarrassing comments on this thread by some of our knuckle draggers. :thdn:

Haven't read the book but agree totally with the other comment!

Have to take exception to that comment there.

You have to remember that whoever was in the right or wrong, it was the people who were at the front (aka the people who bought their tickets and made sure that they arrived at the stadium trouble-free in time) who were killed and that is tragic.

Imagine if someone you knew had been killed like that.

You have to remember that whoever was in the right or wrong, it was the people who were at the front (aka the people who bought their tickets and made sure that they arrived at the stadium trouble-free in time) who were killed and that is tragic.

You are saying it was the other (drunken) fans' fault?

Perhaps what I'm saying is easy to misunderstand. I'm saying that it wasn't the fault of those who died, unlike what the Sun suggested.

Guest king harry

FA cup semi final, would you not have a few pints before the match, doesnt mean your a drunk

Its along time since i posted here, ive read this thread all along and i feel some people i.ex. Toons Taylor is being a careless c***, but at the same time many of the Liverpool fans in here are trying to get way to much sympathy for a thing that happened 20 years ago. I agree its ashame what happened, but people please try to get over with it. What McKenzie did was wrong, no wonder about that, but why the hell go on about him and what he does.

Like someone mentioned you guys are blaming BBC for employing an ex-editor and bla bla bla. People, they pay 250.000 pounds just to televise your game, and even though they do this they should have no rights in employing who they want?

I think you guys should stop the thing right here, you guys are never going to get enough sympathy (this according to how much you guys want). You guys can go ahead with your mosaic and banners etc. but this wont make a difference. I bet many of you are more intelligent than this.'

All for me and

Howay The Lads'

Just read thru this thread and tbh I am a bit embarrassed by some of 'our' posters on here.

The scousers may well come across as professional wailers to some, but in the case with Hillsborough, they are fully entitled to.

Guest spike spiegel

Don't worry lads, I don't think all Newcastle fans are as ignorant as Toon Taylor or w/e.

And as a Liverpool fan, I do think some people say "JUSTICE" without really knowing what it means.