January Transfer Window thread attempt 3

Syrette

To be honest I'm pretty much green with envy over West Ham as they're signing players left and right with Magnusson's biscuit money.

In the mean time, we hardly get concrete links much less signings.

We'll get one or two players in eventually I suppose, but I have to admit that anxiety is setting in.

Ah yes, but they've got money and I don't think we have. I reckon we need to shift Luque just to free up the cash to sign anyone decent.  Swap deals, loans and the bargain basement loom I reckon. If only we'd thought of Larsson before Man U did. (can he play at left back?)

9 days in and no solid rumours. On the plus side - 9 days closer to the end of the injury crisis...

To be honest I'm pretty much green with envy over West Ham as they're signing players left and right with Magnusson's biscuit money.

We'll get one or two players in eventually I suppose, but I have to admit that anxiety is setting in.

So, would you like to swap our position with West Hams? ;)

Guest donandy

Emmanuel Pappoe - another Ghanain who has the determination and aggression. His style of defence would suit the premier league - and he'd be dirt cheap. He was one of the key players in Ghana's strong defense in the world cup

So, would you like to swap our position with West Hams? ;)

Well, considering that neither of us is probably going to get relegated or make it into Europe this season, I just might...

Quashie has played for fucking loads of clubs, hops around like anything.

I would of thought he was about 35 by now!

Only 28.

4 relegations already says it all really...poor player

West Ham are interested in signing Jonathan Zebina but the deal is not likely to happen because Juventus have injuries to other defenders. One defender who may be on his way out of Upton Park is Anton Ferdinand, who is attracting interest from Newcastle United.

Curbs will turn to £1m Smertin

By DAVE KIDD

January 10, 2007

ALAN CURBISHLEY will sign Russian midfielder Alexei Smertin — after being snubbed in an audacious bid for Scott Parker.

The West Ham boss expects to complete the £1million capture of former Chelsea man Smertin, 31, from Dinamo Moscow this week.

But Curbs had first tested the resolve of Newcastle chief Glenn Roeder with an inquiry for their captain Parker, the man he brought through the ranks at Charlton.

Curbishley hoped Parker, 26, could be lured back to the capital with a weekly wage packet of £50,000, but the idea was rejected.

Ironically, Curbs fell out with Parker and Smertin during his time in charge at The Valley.

He froze out Parker during a bitter transfer struggle with Chelsea three years ago but the pair have since made up.

Smertin upset Curbs last March by cutting short a season-long loan at Charlton when Chelsea received a £1m offer for him from Dinamo.

Curbs was caught on the hop, not realising the Russian transfer window was open until March and Smertin insisted he wanted to return home.

But 10 months later, Smertin has told the new Hammers chief he is willing to return to London.

And he is expected to follow Nigel Quashie, whose £1.5m move from West Brom was revealed in SunSport last week.

Smertin’s agent Paolo Barbosa said: “We’ve reached an initial agreement - Smertin will be allowed to leave Dinamo.

“Both the player and the club will now look at various offers.”

Under-fire Hammers skipper Nigel Reo-Coker is ready to fight for his future at Upton Park.

Reo-Coker, 22, met Curbs for talks yesterday after the board told him to slam in a transfer request or knuckle down.

Curbs said: “I want to reiterate that new players coming in doesn’t mean I’ve got to let people go.

“The competition for places will be important to us as we fight to move up the table.”