January Transfer Window thread attempt 3

Syrette

Guest nufc 4 life

Meanwhile, Roeder has told fans not to expect any imminent arrivals. The United manager could go back in for Darren Bent after Charlton Athletic revealed their intention to sell yesterday but the bulk of Newcastle's dealing may be in the loan market.

"There will be no activity before the weekend," he warned.

"It's going to have to be a balance between trying to improve the quality with permanent signings and trying to find one or two loans to get us over the second half of the season.

"They'll come in, provided they do well, with a view to making a permanent move."

Shearer was 17 then, 35 now, and he finished as he started, scoring and winning

were did u get that from

If we loan SWP i'll be pleased. He's got the sort of quality than can help us push for a European place... i just hope we don't waste our money by buying him, when we've got Milner - who is improving by the game. SWP would be a significant squad improvement for this season.

I'd be all for it, so long as he goes back to Chelsea at the end of the season. We all like Milner, and he is turning into a fantastic player, but it's not as if he wouldn't be in the team. He's very versatile, as is SWP, and with our injury woes - Milner would probably still be playing football regularly. Plus, it may improve Milner's gam, what with him having competition.

It would be nothing but a good signing.

Smells like a loan bid for SWP to me, will Chelsea want to loan him out given there are cash offers though?

personally i dont think they're bothered about re-couping transfer fees, when you look at the money they lost on duff, parker, tiago? maniche?, they seem to buy just so nobody else can, then offload when the player realises they're never gonna play, i'd definitely take SWP on loan

I had a really vivid dream last night. I dreamt that we had signed Rosenior and Hoyte, and some unknown 17 year old Swedish attacking midfielder. On their debut, we beat Fulham 4-1 with a goal and MOTM performance by the Swede, and a goal from a Rosenior diving header.

The Swede was amazing - one of the best performances I had ever seen. Shame it was just a dream.

I had a really vivid dream last night. I dreamt that we had signed Rosenior and Hoyte, and some unknown 17 year old Swedish attacking midfielder. On their debut, we beat Fulham 4-1 with a goal and MOTM performance by the Swede, and a goal from a Rosenior diving header.

The Swede was amazing - one of the best performances I had ever seen. Shame it was just a dream.

You had a 90 minute dream?  :confused:

Football-rumours.co.uk, classy as ever...

Newcastle United will sign joey barton for 4.5 million + steven carr, cassano will join on loan until the end of the season, albert luque will to go back to spain at valencia as a replacement for David Villa who is likely to join Liverpool, Toon will sign leighton baines for 4 million and luke young for 3.5 million.

Football-rumours.co.uk, classy as ever...

Newcastle United will sign joey barton for 4.5 million + steven carr, cassano will join on loan until the end of the season, albert luque will to go back to spain at valencia as a replacement for David Villa who is likely to join Liverpool, Toon will sign leighton baines for 4 million and luke young for 3.5 million.

Would normally laugh at that but the stephen carr story works in with Solano being called the first team right back.

Would be an appalling move by Valencia, not that it'll happen like

Agree, Villa is 10 times what Albert Luque is.

I really hate to do this, and fair enough it's been a couple of years since, but Luque was quality in Spain. At the moment, yes it's more than fair to say that Villa is currently 10 times better then Luque, but for all we know Luque could end up back in Spain and recapturing his former heights.

I really hate to do this, and fair enough it's been a couple of years since, but Luque was quality in Spain. At the moment, yes it's more than fair to say that Villa is currently 10 times better then Luque, but for all we know Luque could end up back in Spain and recapturing his former heights.

Fair point, I agree.

Luque isn't an out and out striker so replacing him for Villa would be madness on Valencia's part.

Villa is Spain's best striker since Raul in his hay day and I doubt they would be that thick as to sell him.

When signing him, David Villa would be 10 times Albert Luque and fair enough he could recapture his old form, but the risk they would be taking would be huge.

Fair point, I agree.

Luque isn't an out and out striker so replacing him for Villa would be madness on Valencia's part.

Villa is Spain's best striker since Raul in his hay day and I doubt they would be that thick as to sell him.

When signing him, David Villa would be 10 times Albert Luque and fair enough he could recapture his old form, but the risk they would be taking would be huge.

Agreed. Didn't Valencia just get rid of Tavano (who they only signed in the summer) on loan anyway?

I'm interested to know how many people saw Luque play regularly in Spain, not saying he wasn't great but certainly on the few occasions I saw him for Depor or Mallorca (quite a few over the years) I never remember him standing out as a top-class football player - certainly at Depor there were a number of players who I would happily went for ahead of him (Munitis, Tristan, Valeron, Andrade, etc.) -

His goal record is certainly nothing to jizz over, either, for someone who played in an attacking left-sided position (after being converted there from being an out-and-out striker). And if he was that great he would have more caps for Spain and have featured more in 2002 and 2004 (after his best season to date in professional football.)

I suppose you can link Luque for Deportivo in that 03/04 season to Robert for us in the two seasons where he really made an exceptional contribution to the cause. Both players capable of delivering some top-class goals and scoring vital goals, but both with severe attitude problems and the lack of ability to keep hitting those heights. Remember, there were a lot of games where a lot of us would quite happily have killed Robert for his lack of contribution/interest - I dare say a lot of Depor fans would say the same about Albert during his time there.

Robert also has failed to regain his ability/importance at the subsequent clubs he's been to, so I don't see why it would be different to Luque.

I'm interested to know how many people saw Luque play regularly in Spain, not saying he wasn't great but certainly on the few occasions I saw him for Depor or Mallorca (quite a few over the years) I never remember him standing out as a top-class football player - certainly at Depor there were a number of players who I would happily went for ahead of him (Munitis, Tristan, Valeron, Andrade, etc.) -

His goal record is certainly nothing to jizz over, either, for someone who played in an attacking left-sided position (after being converted there from being an out-and-out striker). And if he was that great he would have more caps for Spain and have featured more in 2002 and 2004 (after his best season to date in professional football.)

I suppose you can link Luque for Deportivo in that 03/04 season to Robert for us in the two seasons where he really made an exceptional contribution to the cause. Both players capable of delivering some top-class goals and scoring vital goals, but both with severe attitude problems and the lack of ability to keep hitting those heights. Remember, there were a lot of games where a lot of us would quite happily have killed Robert for his lack of contribution/interest - I dare say a lot of Depor fans would say the same about Albert during his time there.

Robert also has failed to regain his ability/importance at the subsequent clubs he's been to, so I don't see why it would be different to Luque.

The depor fans tell me Luque was brilliant until the year previous to us signing him and even then he scored 11 league goals in a season which he was mainly used as a sub.

Guest donandy

Craig Bellamy would do nicely.

in a hot pot and shat out again

Hot pot's shit themselves?

Ok, craig Bellamy would do nicely with a salmon slapped round his chops? Either way, he's a Cvnt