January Transfer Window thread attempt 3

Syrette

Villa linked with Dica.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=439384&CPID=8&clid=7&lid=3&title=Villa+tipped+for+Dica+move

Aston Villa are set to make a move for Nicolae Dica, according to Romanian sources.

The 26-year-old is hoping to take advantage of Romania's new EU status which will allow any player from that country to play in England without the need of a work-permit.

Dica is the star of the Steaua Bucharest side which has lifted the Romanian title for the last two seasons.

The dynamic forward is now being strongly linked with a move to England, with Aston Villa named as a likely bidder.

Former Chelsea ace Dan Petrescu - now manager of Unirea Urziceni - feels Dica would be an excellent signing for Villa boss Martin O'Neill.

"I know their manager, Martin O'Neill, very well. He needs a creative player," he told Gazeta Sporturilor.

"I saw their match against Chelsea on Tuesday and I realised that he is right.

"Dica would have his place there, I'm sure, but it all depends on how hard he wants to play.

"Most of the Romanian players who went abroad had problems because of their mentality. What they said about managers plotting against them is nonsense.

"The manager is not a fool, and if you want to play and you are serious, they put you in the team."

Great player, I think. Scored a couple of sublime goals in the Champion's League this season. Would be happy for us to buy him.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007000552,00.html

ALAN CURBISHLEY has launched a £22million bid to keep West Ham in the Premiership.

Curbs leapt into action by signing Fulham skipper Luis Boa Morte on a 3½-year deal last night.

Winger Boa Morte will cost £5m cash with West Ham’s £2m-rated wideman Matty Etherington also expected to go the other way in part exchange.

Boss Curbs is also making a £5m bid for Birmingham defender Matt Upson and a £9.8m swoop for Chelsea winger Shaun Wright- Phillips — as SunSport exclusively revealed yesterday.

Curbishley is determined to land Upson and Wright-Phillips — but faces competition from Newcastle for both players.

Curbs wants ex-England defender Upson, 27, to stop the rot at the back.

West Ham have leaked nine goals in their last three games — including a 6-0 hiding at Reading on New Year’s Day.

The club lost all three matches and are stuck in the bottom three.

Upson has turned down the best pay deal in Birmingham’s history because he is keen for a return to the Premiership.

The Hammers are still aiming to tie up a transfer for England international Wright-Phillips, 25, before the end of this month.

But Newcastle want to take the former Manchester City star on a six-month loan.

Former Hammer John Hartson, 31, is also on Curbishley’s shopping list.

The West Brom striker would be available for a small fee.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007000537,00.html

Crouch still tops Toon list

By MARTIN BLACKBURN

January 05, 2007

NEWCASTLE are convinced they can lure Liverpool striker Peter Crouch to St James’ Park.

The England ace scored for the Reds against Bolton at Anfield on Monday and insisted he was happy at Merseyside.

But the Toon are not ready to take No for an answer — and Liverpool’s interest in Mark Viduka has raised hopes.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez has also been keeping tabs on Spanish hitman David Villa.

Crouch remains top of Glenn Roeder’s January wish-list and the Toon boss is prepared to bide his time.

The big forward has indicated he would be happy on Tyneside if it turns out he has no long-term future at Liverpool.

The Toon have a crippling injury-list but Roeder insists he is generally looking for loans rather than permanent signings.

He said: “There are not a lot of quality players out there but this does not mean we cannot find two or three who will suit our needs.

“We have had Giuseppe Rossi on loan from Manchester United but can still take another couple in this transfer window and that’s what we may have to do.

“What I do not want to do is to sign players who we will be lumbered with for the next 3½ years.”

Meanwhile, American consortium Polygon have ended their interest in buying out Newcastle.

A statement read: “St James’ Park Group Limited confirms it is no longer in discussions regarding such a possible offer and has no intention of making an offer for Newcastle United PLC at this time.”

Guest Bellers

Speaking of out going rumours, apparently Chelsea are intrested in Martins while several Italien teams are intrested in Krul...

Speaking of out going rumours, apparently Chelsea are intrested in Martins while several Italien teams are intrested in Krul...

There are actually 2 totally unbelievable rumours of Taylor being traded to Chelsea for SWP and Martins on loan for either SWP or Shevchenko. You can tell it's "silly season".

By MARTIN BLACKBURN

January 05, 2007

NEWCASTLE are convinced they can lure Liverpool striker Peter Crouch to St James’ Park.

The England ace scored for the Reds against Bolton at Anfield on Monday and insisted he was happy at Merseyside.

But the Toon are not ready to take No for an answer — and Liverpool’s interest in Mark Viduka has raised hopes.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez has also been keeping tabs on Spanish hitman David Villa.

Crouch remains top of Glenn Roeder’s January wish-list and the Toon boss is prepared to bide his time.

The big forward has indicated he would be happy on Tyneside if it turns out he has no long-term future at Liverpool.

The Toon have a crippling injury-list but Roeder insists he is generally looking for loans rather than permanent signings.

He said: “There are not a lot of quality players out there but this does not mean we cannot find two or three who will suit our needs.

“We have had Giuseppe Rossi on loan from Manchester United but can still take another couple in this transfer window and that’s what we may have to do.

“What I do not want to do is to sign players who we will be lumbered with for the next 3½ years.”

Meanwhile, American consortium Polygon have ended their interest in buying out Newcastle.

A statement read: “St James’ Park Group Limited confirms it is no longer in discussions regarding such a possible offer and has no intention of making an offer for Newcastle United PLC at this time.”

Yeah, let's waste our time looking at players who don't want to leave their clubs and certainly aren't likely to be sold by them. Stupid article, don't believe it but then again anythings possible with this club.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

By MARTIN BLACKBURN

January 05, 2007

Yeah, let's waste our time looking at players who don't want to leave their clubs and certainly aren't likely to be sold by them. Looking further fucking afield Glenn.

Has he actually looked at Crouch? It's all speculation, foolish child.

By MARTIN BLACKBURN

January 05, 2007

Yeah, let's waste our time looking at players who don't want to leave their clubs and certainly aren't likely to be sold by them. Looking further fucking afield Glenn.

I never said I actually believed the report, but looking back I understand why you think I might have.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

By MARTIN BLACKBURN

January 05, 2007

I never said I actually believed the report, but looking back I understand why you think I might have.

Indeed you have been truly foolish

By MARTIN BLACKBURN

January 05, 2007

Indeed you have been truly foolish

:lol:

Fine, punish me.

Roeder after Crouch as a CB ? or why blow £12 million on him?

WE NEED DEFENDERS GLENN FOR FUCKS SAKE!!

The only way we can blow £12 mill on Crouch is if we have got a £40 mill transfer kitty..

The only way we can blow £12 mill on Crouch is if we have got a £40 mill transfer kitty..

Jesus wept...

Its was sarcasim incase you had not worked that out.

But if you think we are in the right position to spend £12 mill on Crouch your mad, aye mayve we do need another striker but defenders must be our main priority..

Jesus wept...

But if you think we are in the right position to spend £12 mill on Crouch your mad, aye mayve we do need another striker but defenders must be our main priority..

Well it's a matter of opinion and it's your that we need defenders first. Others believe first priority is a striker.

Jesus wept...

Well it's a matter of opinion and it's your that we need defenders first. Others believe first priority is a striker.

Very true.

But how many of those that want a striker first want us to spend £12mill on Crouch ?

Curbs must really fancy a clean out!

Skysports.com understand that Alexei Smertin is on his way back to The Premiership and he is heading to West Ham.

The Russian international has fallen out of favour with Dinamo Moscow in recent weeks and they have confirmed that the 31-year-old can leave the club.

"It was a mutual decision to list him for transfer," said Dinamo supremo Dmitry Ivanov.

"Dinamo will not make any problems for Smertin to transfer to the club he wants."

Dinamo only just avoided relegation from the Russian top-flight, but Smertin himself played 22 games and was widely regarded as their best player.

Smertin moved back to Russia just less than 12 months ago when he left Charlton to sign for Dinamo.

However, he now looks set to return to England and West Ham have won the battle for him, beating Charlton and Fulham to his signature.

Smertin first arrived in The Premiership with Chelsea - but spent his first season on loan at Portsmouth.

He impressed at Fratton Park and then spent the following year with the English champions - before again being loaned out, this time to Charlton.

Now Smertin is free to leave Dinamo and he is in now in talks to finalise his future, which will be in East London.

Skysports.com understand that Smertin will sign a two-and-half year deal at Upton Park.

Good signing for the Hammers if it goes through. Decent player who did well in the Premiership, no doubt about it, just fizzled out at Chelsea cos they had Makelele etc in his position. Hope for their sake that he hasn't lot a lot of his quality with lenghty periods out of first team football...