they are signing 29 and 31 year olds :lol:

What's funny?

Don't you get the joke like? ;)

Don't actually. :D

fkn hell :D

Totally and utterly confused now.

(There's no joke to get)

I'm lost tbh.

Blackburn boss Mark Hughes has confirmed the club have received bids for Lucas Neill - as revealed by skysports.com earlier this week.

Neill is out of contract this summer and has rejected all offers of a new deal at Ewood Park.

Now a number of clubs including Liverpool, Newcastle and West Ham are understood to have lodged their interest in the player - who was denied a move in August.

Rovers have now seemingly accepted that they need to cash in on the 28-year-old before he can leave for free.

"There's been interest, as I felt there would be when a player of his calibre becomes available," admitted Hughes.

"We've been offered significant amounts of money, but I can't spend it. That's the situation we find ourselves in.

"At this stage of the season it's very difficult to buy the quality needed to replace Lucas.

"As I've said before it's important we do not become weaker. If that were to happen by Lucas going then I wouldn't allow it.

"From a business point of view it has to make sense, but it also has to make sense from my point of view as well.

"The situations that have been presented to me haven't convinced me we will be stronger if we let him go in this window.

"That might change and different circumstances might prevail, so we will have to wait and see.

"I'll look at every situation. It's very early in the window and things may develop in the coming days or weeks.

"But if the situation isn't right then we will wait until the summer."

Meanwhile, Rovers have confirmed that Cypriot international Yiannakis Okkas will not be joining the club on trial this month.

The Olympiakos striker is needed for club duty - so any interest from Rovers has been put on hold.

"Olympiakos have got some important games coming up and they want him to stay and play in those," said chairman John Williams.

AND

Skysports.com understand Aston Villa are closing in on the signing of Manchester United defender Phil Bardsley.

Villa are set to beat off competition from Sunderland and some Premiership sides to land the full-back.

Bardsley spent a spell on loan at Rangers earlier this season before returning to Old Trafford earlier this month.

United are willing to loan him out again so that he can get valuable first team action and Villa are leading the chase for his signature.

Bardsley's agent Des Wroe confirmed Villa's interest and intimated a deal could be done in the next few days for the player.

"Yes, Aston Villa have shown an interest in Phil," Wroe told skysports.com.

"There are a few other clubs interested along with Villa and I am hopeful of sorting something out in the next two or three days."

Bardsley has held talks with Sunderland, but Wroe admits the player's first choice would be to stay in the Premiership.

"He has been up to Sunderland and met Roy Keane," added Wroe. "He was very interested in what Roy had to say, but he wanted to weigh up his options as other clubs have been interested.

"Phil wants to get back to playing as soon as possible and he would like to stay in the Premiership.

"He believes playing in the Premiership would help catch the eye of Sir Alex Ferguson and put him in his plans for the future."

If only we needed a right-back.

Didn't he play centre back alongside Moore in the WC as well? Might be useful if he is competent in both positions, would mean we weren't relying on Nobby to play every single game.

Guest nufc 4 life

i have written this in the Darren Bent thread thing, but think i should put it here to lol

would pay up to 12m for that guy (prepares to be verbal abuse   ) no truthfully this guy is a huge talent he is 22 and bangs in the goals even when he plays with a team that has a terrible midfield and therefore doesn't get the support he needs 5"11 basically 6ft and if he can jump anywhere near as well as Martins... now i know many will say what happens if they get relegated e.t.c there would be no chance he will still be there by then if he hasbeen told he can leave then there will be a queue of clubs wanting him (at least that's what i think) now answer me this waiting 5 weeks for himt o recover is that anything when you have at least another 6 years  (minimum) left in him, Bent is the type of player we need young, but bags of potential, the speed up front would be immense martin 100m 11secs Owen and Bent both electryifying pace and if one gets injured i.e injury prone Owen we have v good cover with Martins and Bent + le sib and ameobi there would be no chance of us not having a striker. Also are defence is although crippled will get there fitness back Moore, Bramble (sigh), Taylor, Huntington (good prospect has already shown potential), Babayaro (back soon hopefully), Bernard (out until end of season), but Duff can cover as can David Edgar we then have Carr and personally before him i would choose Solano so the back s not such a crisis as many think if we had money left over Ben-Haim 3mil nothing Upson 5m (cutting it a bit fine) and distin 3-5m it's possible depending on the amount we actually have.

But Bent 9-12m any day of the week Crouch 6-8 certainly no more than that. Remeber that Martins cost us 10 and Bent is basically the sametype of player, but who has more EPL experience and so should fit in almost straight away + as early stated he is almost 6ft hope i haven't gone on for too long, but basically

Bent=amazing signing

Crouch=good signing, but nothing like Bent 

Guest nufc 4 life

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=439654&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=&title=Hughes+confirms+Neill+bids

Lucas Neill, bids lodged earlier this week.

Blackburn boss Mark Hughes has confirmed the club have received bids for Lucas Neill - as revealed by skysports.com earlier this week.

Neill is out of contract this summer and has rejected all offers of a new deal at Ewood Park.

Now a number of clubs including Liverpool, Newcastle and West Ham are understood to have lodged their interest in the player - who was denied a move in August.

Rovers have now seemingly accepted that they need to cash in on the 28-year-old before he can leave for free.

"There's been interest, as I felt there would be when a player of his calibre becomes available," admitted Hughes.

"We've been offered significant amounts of money, but I can't spend it. That's the situation we find ourselves in.

"At this stage of the season it's very difficult to buy the quality needed to replace Lucas.

"As I've said before it's important we do not become weaker. If that were to happen by Lucas going then I wouldn't allow it.

"From a business point of view it has to make sense, but it also has to make sense from my point of view as well.

"The situations that have been presented to me haven't convinced me we will be stronger if we let him go in this window.

"That might change and different circumstances might prevail, so we will have to wait and see.

"I'll look at every situation. It's very early in the window and things may develop in the coming days or weeks.

"But if the situation isn't right then we will wait until the summer."

Meanwhile, Rovers have confirmed that Cypriot international Yiannakis Okkas will not be joining the club on trial this month.

The Olympiakos striker is needed for club duty - so any interest from Rovers has been put on hold.

"Olympiakos have got some important games coming up and they want him to stay and play in those," said chairman John Williams.

I know whats missing  in here, all this talk about buying yet we are fotgetting that we have not sold Luque yet  blueeek.gif

Looks like no deal was even close to being done for him, all those clubs that were linked yet we still have him.  bluebiggrin.gif bluebiggrin.gif

New stories by the min  bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

Watford manager Adrian Boothroyd has confirmed that the club have received six offers from rival Premiership clubs for in-demand winger Ashley Young.

Boothroyd would not reveal the identity of the suitors for the 21-year-old, who looks increasingly likely as if he may depart Vicarage Road this month.

Arsenal, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Everton, Tottenham Newcastle and Sheffield United have all been linked to the England Under-21 forward - who will start Saturday's FA Cup third round clash with Stockport.

"Six clubs are now after Ashley, but Saturday's will not be his final game," Boothroyd insisted.

"All the clubs are in the Premiership. Everybody is interested in Ashley at the moment, and that is okay.

"He is a Watford player, and he is integral to what we want to do here.

"He is coping fine with the speculation. Until Ashley comes to me and tells me he wants to leave, he will remain a Watford player."

One team understood to be in the six is Tottenham - who are reported to have offered Calum Davenport and Wayne Routledge in their bid to land Young.

Spurs are continuing their pursuit of England's best young talent and as well as Young, they are reported to have seen a new bid for West Brom's Curtis Davies rejected.

The Baggies are keen to keep their skipper until the summer at least but like with Young, a host of Premiership clubs are looking to snap him up.

Spurs' bid was believed to have been in the region of £5 million - but it was not enough for The Hawthorns club.

AND

Aston Villa striker Milan Baros has turned down a move to Spanish outfit Real Sociedad.

The Basque outfit are struggling at the wrong end of La Liga and had targeted the Czech star to fire them to safety.

However, after talks Baros has opted against a move to The Anoeta.

"Milan has not accepted the offer from this club," his agent Pavel Paska confirmed.

"There will be no more talks."

Baros has failed to live up expectations since moving to Villa Park in 2005 and is now down the pecking order under Martin O'Neill.

And Paska admits that not playing regularly is a concern to Baros and he would consider other offers to move.

"If a player does not play regularly, he has some thoughts in his mind on how to resolve the situation," Paska told Sport.

"If there is an appropriate offer, we will consider it."

Only the SPL but something like 14 goals in 17 starts for an 18 year old? Not bad..

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=439726&CPID=8&clid=3&lid=3&title=Wenger:+No+Stokes+deal+yet

Arsene Wenger has denied that Charlton have struck a deal for Anthony Stokes, but the young Irish striker will be leaving Emirates Stadium in January.

The teenager is in high demand after topping the SPL goalscoring charts in the first half of the season with Falkirk and has returned to North London to deliberate over his future.

New Charlton boss Alan Pardew is hoping to bring the Republic of Ireland B international to The Valley, but Celtic and Sunderland are also believed to be interested in securing the services of the prolific striker.

Now Wenger has confirmed that The Addicks are yet to clinch a deal for Stokes, with his final destination - possibly in a permanent deal - down to the young hot-shot.

"Nothing is decided [with Charlton] because there are some other clubs in for him," said Wenger to the club's official website.

"In the end it will be Stokes who makes the choice.

"Whether it is a permanent deal or a loan has not been decided either. It could just be a loan because he has done very well.

"It was a difficult decision but we have a congestion of strikers. We have [Arturo] Lupoli, [Nicklas] Bendtner, we have [Jeremie] Aliadiere, we have [Julio] Baptista, [Robin] van Persie, [Emmanuel] Adebayor and [Thierry] Henry.

"At some stage it is unfair to stop somebody because there is too much congestion in front of him."

Wenger has also reacted to news that young Italian forward Lupoli is keen on a move to Napoli when his contract expires, with the Gunners boss stating: "We will respect what he wants to do."

Arsenal's range of attacking options also means that The Gunners will not be entering the race to sign Charlton star Darren Bent, who has been linked with a number of clubs including Chelsea and Tottenham.

"I am not in for Darren Bent," Wenger said. "With the transfer window I am like somebody who is watching the rain outside from inside the window. They all hurry up out there and I am sitting here watching it with pleasure."

Meanwhile, Roeder has told fans not to expect any imminent arrivals. The United manager could go back in for Darren Bent after Charlton Athletic revealed their intention to sell yesterday but the bulk of Newcastle's dealing may be in the loan market.

"There will be no activity before the weekend," he warned.

"It's going to have to be a balance between trying to improve the quality with permanent signings and trying to find one or two loans to get us over the second half of the season.

"They'll come in, provided they do well, with a view to making a permanent move."

Shearer was 17 then, 35 now, and he finished as he started, scoring and winning