Darren Bent Available

gdm

Get him. As much as we have other priorities I am salivating over the thought of Owen, Martins and Bent as our first three strikers. I dare say those 3 together could form the most lethal strikeforce the league has ever seen.

Wouldn't even be the best strikeforce we've had since we came into the Premier League and it wouldn't be the best strikeforce in the league at present either.

Owen 20+ goals a season providing he doesn't get crippled, Martins should be good for atleast 15+ and the Bent could produce another 20 goals. Can't think of many other clubs that can produce that sort of goal power.

If it was as simple as that, all the top sides would play 3 good goalscorers up front and guarentee themselves aroung 50-60 goals a season from their strikeforce alone. And you're using a hypothetical argument to back up your point. Who would be providing the chances for these players and where would the width come from?

Its a well known fact that Barry is a spurs fan and if the money is right im pretty sure you'd accept regardless of Lerner's millions.

Billions, not millions.

And where do you get this from? Did a 12 year old post it on gg? You truly are a fool. If Barry were to leave us at some point, it certainly wouldn't be to the fourth biggest club in London

And as for Defoe, you can keep him. Runs around a lot, doesn't score enough. All fart and no shit. Much like your supporters.

Guest teepee

Its a well known fact that Barry is a spurs fan and if the money is right im pretty sure you'd accept regardless of Lerner's millions.

Billions, not millions.

And where do you get this from? Did a 12 year old post it on gg? You truly are a fool. If Barry were to leave us at some point, it certainly wouldn't be to the fourth biggest club in London

And as for Defoe, you can keep him. Runs around a lot, doesn't score enough. All fart and no shit. Much like your supporters.

why the fuck does two supporters of other clubs than nufc argue on our board - take it elsewhere lads!

Guest kingdawson

Billions, not millions.

Shame other villa fans dont agree with you. The orgy fiesta they were having about Defoe signing was truley hilarious stuff.

Defoe stats

spurs- 91 starts 50 goals

spammers - 72 starts 41 goals

bournmouth 29 starts 19 goals

Yeah your right he dosent score that much :roll:, you lot should stick to your deadley, free scoring strike force of Milan Baros, Chris bloody Sutton, Luke Moore and the own goal, penalty missing expert Angel.

He would cost around the same price as Crouch..

Although Crouch is more of a hold up player than Bent.. but Bent will certainly get you more goals.

He is big, strong, powerfull and Pacey but maybe not exactly the type of player we want, he would bring a different element to our attack though.

I dont particularly think Crouch is what we really need either. Out of the two I would plum for Bent.

The mere thought we could have had either for peanuts a few years ago is cringing though.

Guest kingdawson

Read the post. Not you, the Spurs fan, Kingdawson.

Good, I was about to massage my fart sack and point it in your direction! :)

you still should. He chats rubbish anyway.

£8m for a young english goalscorer is good value imo and he can hold the ball up despite what people think. He is 5ft 11 so not as sort as people imply. Good player imo and better than Crouch.

Not sure if we can afford to spend that much on a striker though..

£8m for a young english goalscorer is good value imo and he can hold the ball up despite what people think. He is 5ft 11 so not as sort as people imply. Good player imo and better than Crouch.

Not sure if we can afford to spend that much on a striker though..

Agree - would take him every time over Crouch. He's got an excellent record although I'm not sure we have enough cash. Maybe Bridge on loan, a nominal fee for Ben Haim or Distin and perhaps with Luque being shipped out we might have enough left. I'd even give them Carr and Babayaro although I'm sure that would inflate the price.

He is a player that would play for the club in the long term though, one of the highest rated strikers in the country with bags of time and potential for us to squander.

At £8m a decent investment, despite what we should have had him for before. I would imagine Charlton are holding out for nearer £12m though.

How much longer is he injured for? I'm sure he broke hsi leg recently or something?

Anyway:

"£7m isn't going to touch the sides for Darren Bent," said Pardew. "This is a top-class player in my view. After watching him for just a week and a bit, he's an England player and that's how he should set his goals. My priority when I came here, and when he was fit, was that he was not going to go anywhere, that was categoric.

"But his injury at the moment gives us a problem. We cannot afford to have him out of the team for five weeks, so I'm having to assess it and weigh up all the situations and I'll have to do what's right for Charlton. The injury changes things. We are trying to locate a strike to replace him, so we'll see. Certainly the figures for Darren Bent being bandied around are way too low."

Billions, not millions.

Shame other villa fans dont agree with you. The orgy fiesta they were having about Defoe signing was truley hilarious stuff.

Defoe stats

Yeah your right he dosent score that much :roll:, you lot should stick to your deadley, free scoring strike force of Milan Baros, Chris bloody Sutton, Luke Moore and the own goal, penalty missing expert Angel.

But he's never scored more than 13 goals in any Premiership season.

You can't dress it up by saying goals from starts either, as I'm sure some of the goals you've included would have been scored when he's came off the bench.

There's nowt in the Chronicle on this or any other transfers tonight - at least in the first edition.

i think there's only 1 edition now anyway?

In my foolish optimism I thought they might have a player or two ready for the FA Cup, considering the injury crisis. Maybe next week then.

Guest kingdawson

Billions, not millions.

Defoe stats

You can't dress it up by saying goals from starts either, as I'm sure some of the goals you've included would have been scored when he's came off the bench.

Add 36 substitute appearances for spurs, 33 for spammers and 2 for Bournmouth. Still a great record whatever way you decide to look at it. Bit rich of a Villa fan to go on about other teams strikers "not scoring enough goals" dont you think?

Billions, not millions.

Defoe stats

Add 36 substitute appearances for spurs, 33 for spammers and 2 for Bournmouth. Still a great record whatever way you decide to look at it. Bit rich of a Villa fan to go on about other teams strikers "not scoring enough goals" dont you think?

Not really. If you're linked with someone who would probably cost in excess of £10m, I think you'ore justified to say you can keep him, regardless of whether or not he's better than what you have. If we were being linked with King for £20m I'd say the same thing, even though I think he's a very good player.

3 quotes from the Chronicle in the summer. It's obvious we really wanted to buy him but were told no. If we have enough money left and are not put off by his injury you'd have to imagine we'll be trying to sign him, probably along with many other teams.

Meanwhile, Magpies boss Glenn Roeder has revealed Darren Bent was top of his summer shopping list.

"When the season finished we made an enquiry," said Roeder, who is under fierce pressure from fans to boost his attacking options.

"But we were told there was no chance - no chance at any price."

And the names have come thick and fast. Dirk Kuyt. Ruud van Nistelrooy. Dean Ashton. Jermain Defoe. Darren Bent. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. Fernando Torres.

Well, let's throw a bit of light on these. Glenn Roeder would have loved Van Nistelrooy and Bent. But there was no way £12m was going to be allocated for one player.

United would like Darren Bent from Charlton Athletic, but there is no chance of the England international arriving at St James' Park as he now has a £15m price tag around his neck.