Darren Bent Available

gdm

Guest nufc 4 life

i would pay up to 12m for that guy (prepares to be verbal abuse  tongue.gif ) no truthfully this guy is a huge talent he is 22 and bangs in the goals even when he plays with a team that has a terrible midfield and therefore doesn't get the support he needs 5"11 basically 6ft and if he can jump anywhere near as well as Martins... now i know many will say what happens if they get relegated e.t.c there would be no chance he will still be there by then if he hasbeen told he can leave then there will be a queue of clubs wanting him (at least that's what i think) now answer me this waiting 5 weeks for himt o recover is that anything when you have at least another 6 years  (minimum) left in him, Bent is the type of player we need young, but bags of potential, the speed up front would be immense martin 100m 11secs Owen and Bent both electryifying pace and if one gets injured i.e injury prone Owen we have v good cover with Martins and Bent + le sib and ameobi there would be no chance of us not having a striker. Also are defence is although crippled will get there fitness back Moore, Bramble (sigh), Taylor, Huntington (good prospect has already shown potential), Babayaro (back soon hopefully), Bernard (out until end of season), but Duff can cover as can David Edgar we then have Carr and personally before him i would choose Solano so the back s not such a crisis as many think if we had money left over Ben-Haim 3mil nothing Upson 5m (cutting it a bit fine) and distin 3-5m it's possible depending on the amount we actually have.

But Bent 9-12m any day of the week Crouch 6-8 certainly no more than that. Remeber that Martins cost us 10 and Bent is basically the sametype of player, but who has more EPL experience and so should fit in almost straight away + as early stated he is almost 6ft hope i haven't gone on for too long, but basically

Bent=amazing signing

Crouch=good signing, but nothing like Bent

Bent=amazing signing

Bent, for £12m, an amazing sign? He's an average Premiership striker who will be lucky to see 20 goals a season again in his career. Also, is he going to be happy going from the best player at a club, to 3rd choice at another? We should be looking at someone who'll be comfortable being benched when Owen and Martins are fit, yet capable of scoring goals when one of them isn't. I'd suggest an aging but proven player, such as Viduka or someone young and inexperienced, like Nugent.

Guest nufc 4 life

i

Bent=amazing signing

Bent, for £12m, an amazing sign? He's an average Premiership striker who will be lucky to see 20 goals a season again in his career. Also, is he going to be happy going from the best player at a club, to 3rd choice at another? We should be looking at someone who'll be comfortable being benched when Owen and Martins are fit, yet capable of scoring goals when one of them isn't. I'd suggest an aging but proven player, such as Viduka or someone young and inexperienced, like Nugent.

yes an amazing signing he is 22 people forget that he has 8 years left in him and yet he still scores loads of goals people are too short-sighted

Guest sicko2ndbest

Bent would be a fantastic signing. Very quick, very good in the air and finishing will only improve. He has proved doubters wrong who were saying he was a one season wonder by singlehandedly keeping Charltons survival hopes alive. Without him they would be 10 points worse off.

Bent is the best British strinking talent in the country right now, and if he were to come to us for anything less than 13mil i would be delighted.

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/fo/profiles/60000000000000000000020742.html

Genuine 1 in 2 striker playing in a shite team, with no european or domestic cup history, at only 22 years of age.

Bent is 5"11. 'Big Al' Shearer is 6ft. Not much difference. Also, Bent must be good at holding the ball up as he plays up front on his own a lot of the time for Charlton. He is injured for around another 5 weeks. I'd rather Charlton held on to him though and then we can see who gets relegated at the end of the season. Ashton and Bent may be available to choose from.

Bent is a lot better than most give him credit for. If we go for a striker who we really want to score goals then there wouldn't be many players out there who would be less risky for the price.

Guest Bellers

i

Bent=amazing signing

yes an amazing signing he is 22 people forget that he has 8 years left in him and yet he still scores loads of goals people are too short-sighted

22 people also relised we wouldn't be getting face value for £9 million. His main asset is pace which we already have, take that away from him and he's average...

i

Bent=amazing signing

22 people also relised we wouldn't be getting face value for £9 million. His main asset is pace which we already have, take that away from him and he's average...

Well that and his finishing and his good injury record (yes i do realise he is out at the moment but it is pretty good!)

Guest Bellers

i

Bent=amazing signing

Well that and his finishing and his good injury record (yes i do realise he is out at the moment but it is pretty good!)

Most strikers have these assets though. For £9 million I'd be wanting someone with effort, technical ability, vision, positioning skills, etc, etc...

Bent would be a fantastic signing. Very quick, very good in the air and finishing will only improve. He has proved doubters wrong who were saying he was a one season wonder by singlehandedly keeping Charltons survival hopes alive. Without him they would be 10 points worse off.

Bent is the best British strinking talent in the country right now, and if he were to come to us for anything less than 13mil i would be delighted.

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/fo/profiles/60000000000000000000020742.html

Genuine 1 in 2 striker playing in a shite team, with no european or domestic cup history, at only 22 years of age.

Agree with most of that, my opinion is he is England's 3rd best striker behind Rooney and Owen and in-front off the likes of Crouch, Defoe, Johnson, Smith.

would Bent suit Obafemi Martins or Micheal Owen though? i am not so sure, for me we need to buy a striker who long term Owen and Martins can thrive off and in terms of complementary strikers for Owen and Martins i think Crouch or Alan Smith would be a better then Bent.

i

Bent=amazing signing

Most strikers have these assets though. For £9 million I'd be wanting someone with effort, technical ability, vision, positioning skills, etc, etc...

Most strikers have a 1 in 2 goalscoring record at 22?

Guest Bellers

i

Bent=amazing signing

Most strikers have a 1 in 2 goalscoring record at 22?

How many of those goals were scored in the championship?

Guest Bellers

I was talking about his premiership record, they were all scored in the premiership btw  bluewink.gif

Didn't realise he had such a decent record...

...I suppose with better service he could be excellent, but £9 million is still a gamble we can't afford to take at the minute...

I was talking about his premiership record, they were all scored in the premiership btw  bluewink.gif

...I suppose with better service he could be excellent, but £9 million is still a gamble we can't afford to take at the minute...

I don't think its a gamble but agree I don't think we really should be spending that much on one player at the moment. Not when he will be benched as soon as Owen is back.

Must say, the last decent Charlton player I can recall us buying (Rob Lee) went on to be a legend for us, and is and will always be one of my all time favourite NUFC players.

Maybe we'd get lucky again...

Guest thompers

Must say, the last decent Charlton player I can recall us buying (Rob Lee) went on to be a legend for us, and is and will always be one of my all time favourite NUFC players.

How... optimistic

Good job we didn't get Parker directly from Charlton then, thank god for that wasted season at Chelsea.

Probably how Liverpool and Tottenham fans felt about Newcastle in the good old days, eh. Kennedy/McDermott, Waddle/Gascoigne. Just like Charlton, a selling club with the ambition of staying in the top flight.

I'll get me coat........

Top goal scorers 05/06

Scorer                                        Goals Team

Thierry Henry                            27 Arsenal F.C.

Ruud van Nistelrooy                  21 Manchester United F.C.

Darren Bent                              18 Charlton Athletic F.C.

Robbie Keane                            16 Tottenham Hotspur F.C.

Frank Lampard                          16 Chelsea F.C.

Wayne Rooney                          16 Manchester United F.C.

Marlon Harewood                      14 West Ham United F.C.

Craig Bellamy                            13 Blackburn Rovers F.C.

Yakubu Aiyegbeni                      13 Middlesbrough F.C.

Henri Camara                            12 Wigan Athletic F.C.

Didier Drogba                            12 Chelsea F.C.

You think he is a gamble? as apposed to who at 9 mill ?

Top goal scorers 05/06

Thierry Henry                            27 Arsenal F.C.

Marlon Harewood                      14 West Ham United F.C.

Craig Bellamy                            13 Blackburn Rovers F.C.

Yakubu Aiyegbeni                      13 Middlesbrough F.C.

Henri Camara                            12 Wigan Athletic F.C.

Didier Drogba                            12 Chelsea F.C.

But does his character and personality 'fit' at Newcastle? So he scores loads of goals at another club, doesn't mean he'll do it at Newcastle.

I think we should be looking no further than the likes of Gateshead, Blyth, various pub teams and Sunderland for new players. Well maybe not Sunderland, that's stretching it a little........we do need some quality.

Guest thompers

Good job we didn't get Parker directly from Charlton then, thank god for that wasted season at Chelsea.

Probably how Liverpool and Tottenham fans felt about Newcastle in the good old days, eh. Kennedy/McDermott, Waddle/Gascoigne. Just like Charlton, a selling club with the ambition of staying in the top flight.

I'll get me coat........

So you named 4 big players that we sold pre 1992? Let be do the same for post 92...

Cole/Hamman/Woodgate/Jenas.

Top goal scorers 05/06

Thierry Henry                             27 Arsenal F.C.

Marlon Harewood                       14 West Ham United F.C.

Craig Bellamy                             13 Blackburn Rovers F.C.

Yakubu Aiyegbeni                       13 Middlesbrough F.C.

Henri Camara                             12 Wigan Athletic F.C.

Didier Drogba                             12 Chelsea F.C.

But does his character and personality 'fit' at Newcastle? So he scores loads of goals at another club, doesn't mean he'll do it at Newcastle.

I think we should be looking no further than the likes of Gateshead, Blyth, various pub teams and Sunderland for new players. Well maybe not Sunderland, that's stretching it a little........we do need some quality.

His character will fit, he has been arrested for air gun I think it was. Joking aside he is from Ipswich and will get on well with Dyer and Bramble. Has played u21 with Milner and Taylor.

He is very good in the air especially heading which we need and holding up the ball.