New January Transfer Window Thread

Guest nufc 4 life

yeah your prob right, what ever happens we need someone, id loved to have got Campbell to play alongside Taylor, the experience alone would be invaluable to him, in sayin that if he came to us he would have prob had a break down by now  ;D

After watching Ferdinand today i'd happily take him here. It takes alot to pull on a black and white shirt especially as a defender and i believe he has the arrogance to handle the pressure. As well as this he is a defender who can play football and head the ball. He's also played along side Stevie Taylor for england u21s.

I've sort of lost track over the last few days.

What's the story if there is one with Lauren? Why the fuck is he at Portsmouth FFS? Did we bid for him? Diop aswell, a great player let go cheap that we yet again miss out on.

Just fucks me off to see lesser clubs get signable players that would no doubt improve our team when we're still signing and basically squad-less!!

How come other clubs can tie up deals quickly and NUFC cannot? Young announced yesterday that a fee was agreed and today he had verbally agreed to join.

pretty sure we could tie up someone like him at £9.6mill....would you want us to though ???

I've sort of lost track over the last few days.

What's the story if there is one with Lauren? Why the fuck is he at Portsmouth FFS? Did we bid for him? Diop aswell, a great player let go cheap that we yet again miss out on.

Just fucks me off to see lesser clubs get signable players that would no doubt improve our team when we're still signing and basically squad-less!!

Nobby is now our first choice right back so we didn't bid for Lauren.

Diop is gonna cost £5m and is a crock in a position we don't need.

When listening to the Birmingham game on Century the commentator (can't remember his name) mentioned that Lauren's representatives had offered him to Roeder, but that Roeder wasn't interested as he was concentrating on other arears of the pitch  :lol: :'( ??? :o  Then to better that Moncur responded saying you don't need to spend big money on defenders and we can rely on the youth players  :lol: :lol: shocked me more than the result that night!

And to think Lauren and Neill have moved to no better clubs than us within the past few days and they've probably cost a total of about £2.5m tops...

Then there's Campbell and Woodgate we could have got back in the summer for a small fee if we hadn't pissed about (albeit the latter on loan).

Improving the defence with a better LB, RB & CB should have been the MAIN priority this transfer window and in that order too, then after that is sorted a striker on loan/ for short term cover.

Re. Upson/Davies/Ferdinand, I'd sooner see us play Taylor with either Edgar/Huntington and then Bramble/Moore (when they're fit again) at the back for this season and spend that £6m+ on one of Bale, Heinze(very unlikely I admit), Baines or Bridge!

When listening to the Birmingham game on Century the commentator (can't remember his name) mentioned that Lauren's representatives had offered him to Roeder, but that Roeder wasn't interested as he was concentrating on other arears of the pitch  :lol: :'( ??? :o  Then to better that Moncur responded saying you don't need to spend big money on defenders and we can rely on the youth players  :lol: :lol: shocked me more than the result that night!

And to think Lauren and Neill have moved to no better clubs than us within the past few days and they've probably cost a total of about £2.5m tops...

Then there's Campbell and Woodgate we could have got back in the summer for a small fee if we hadn't pissed about (albeit the latter on loan).

Improving the defence with a better LB, RB & CB should have been the MAIN priority this transfer window and in that order too, then after that is sorted a striker on loan/ for short term cover.

Re. Upson/Davies/Ferdinand, I'd sooner see us play Taylor with either Edgar/Huntington and then Bramble/Moore (when they're fit again) at the back for this season and spend that £6m+ on one of Bale, Heinze(very unlikely I admit), Baines or Bridge!

lauren is a right back,i'm quite happy with solano there and i think the money would be better spent elsewhere....as for campbell,yes we should have took him on,as for woodgate,HE chose boro ahead of us.

I've pretty much let go of any sort of big hopes for this transfer window.

I'm willing to live with Taylor/Huntington -> Taylor/Bramble in the center for this year.

I'm willing to just keep praying every game that Martins doesn't get hurt, ending our season right then and there.

Just PLEASE, PLEASE tell me that we won't have to be playing a center back, a right back, a left winger, or (the worst of 'em all) Babayaro in left-back position come february.

getting anton ferdinand in during this window would be a fantastic signing.  he's young, brave and as mentioned before has the arrogance and ego to perform for newcastle fans that will tear into him for little mistakes.  ramage on the other hand....what to do what to do i wasn't able to catch the game today but from what i've heard he was at the heart of everything west ham did well, he looks a better fit player as an emergency full back.  anton would be a load of improvement over ramage.

no question here on babel!! i've always been a fan and would love to see him come to newcastle over the summer.  doubt he'll be leaving during this window.

if roeder does manage 1 permanent signing and brings in a couple loanies i would say it was a productive window. time is runnnnning out though........

lauren is a right back,i'm quite happy with solano there and i think the money would be better spent elsewhere....as for campbell,yes we should have took him on,as for woodgate,HE chose boro ahead of us.

I know Lauren is a RB, never said he wasn't ;) Agree Solano can do a job there, but I still think Lauren is an improvement and has a good couple of seasons left in him even at 30. Plus what happens if Solano gets injured? Carr (please God NO!), Huntingdon, Edgar, even Milner or Dyer with our CB & LB problems too... Really for a player of his quality and experience going cheap it's been a massive mistake imo not going for him.

Also Lucas Neill chose West Ham over the club he supported, Liverpool because "West Ham were knocking down the door to get me whereas Liverpool made a take or leave it offer. They didn't even come in for me until 15 days after the transfer window opened." Bet you could say the same about Woodgate, it's probable Southgate and Middlesbrough made him their No.1 priority and put in extra effort to get him on loan, doubt it was solely down to him being from smogland that made him choose them.

To think for less money than we paid for Boumsong we could have probably had a new back 4 of Bridge Campbell Neill Lauren  :'(

Guest nufc 4 life

For everyone is talking about why we didn't sign 30+ players Roeder has already commented on that by saying he could easily go out and buy a couple of defenders the wrong side of 30, but he doesn't want to as he wants to bring quality players in who will be at the club for 4/5 years and TBH i agree with him, yes Campbell has done well at pompey, but money and a lot of wages have been spent on someone who will probably retire next season.

Everyone was worried about Roeder when it comes to signings and were saying why he didn't push a bit more for Kuyt becuase he had a more proven record than Martins and yes Kuyt is good , but Martins has 11 in all competitions Kuyt has 8/9 and Martins is only 22. Duff is quality and any EPL club would of had him at 5mil and don't forget SIbierski on a free he was like a saviour for a while. So good on Roeder for sticking to his guns if we get 1 permanent which is unlikely and 2 loan signings very likely with a view to sign at the end then i would be a very happy bunny :-0

come on.. it's crystal clear Roeder doesn't have a clue..

we don't need a CB, not now atleast.. we have 6 players in that position already

a couple of good wing backs would be a huge improvement to the defence

thats all i'm asking for - 2 full backs who are better than Carr and Baba

we keep getting linked with overrated english players.. and you know there's football elsewhere in the world, where players prices aren't hyper inflated.. of course buying players from abroad is risky, but imo, what's more risky is splashing millions for fucking nobodies (Rio's brother, Upson or Davies)..

and somebody mentined Montella.. what makes you think Roeder has ever heard of him? or that he can appreciate a player of that type.. Luque is very similar from Montella, but noo.. he isn't showing enough effort.. fuck all, if Roeder plays fucking Pattison infront of him every time what kind of effort do you expect?

sack this poor bastard..

Ashley Young is signing for Villa for 9.65 million pounds according to ESPN, thats a bit pricey isn't it!!!!

Yep. But when you've got a billionaire owner who's obviously itching to spend money, prices do get inflated, plus there's no point having the money if you're not prepared to spend what it takes to get what you want.

I know Lauren is a RB, never said he wasn't ;) Agree Solano can do a job there, but I still think Lauren is an improvement and has a good couple of seasons left in him even at 30. Plus what happens if Solano gets injured? Carr (please God NO!), Huntingdon, Edgar, even Milner or Dyer with our CB & LB problems too... Really for a player of his quality and experience going cheap it's been a massive mistake imo not going for him.

Also Lucas Neill chose West Ham over the club he supported, Liverpool because "West Ham were knocking down the door to get me whereas Liverpool made a take or leave it offer. They didn't even come in for me until 15 days after the transfer window opened." Bet you could say the same about Woodgate, it's probable Southgate and Middlesbrough made him their No.1 priority and put in extra effort to get him on loan, doubt it was solely down to him being from smogland that made him choose them.

To think for less money than we paid for Boumsong we could have probably had a new back 4 of Bridge Campbell Neill Lauren  :'(

lauren would be an improvment but i'd rather not slightly improve at right back when solano is more than capable.that money would be much better used elsewhere,and we definitly need a forward before a new right back!

Linked with Babbel and Upson again today, both at £5m. Also West Brom have put an £11m price tag on Davies (seems to rise very other day!). Roeder confirmed Milner is not for sale and should be aiming to get into the England squad.

More gossip:

Spurs want Duff  :lol:

Smogs have bid £4m for Aliadiere (sp?) hope this ones true!

Brum want up to £8m for Upson as Arsenal have a sell on clause, thats about 4 times what he is worth!!