Milner

Cajun

Really playing well again this season (like he did last season which people often forget  ;D ) deserves any credit he is getting especially the way he has just gone on and worked his arse off after all the shite he had to deal with in the summer. Still only 21, a little hit and miss on occasion which I understand frustrates people but still a productive player who seems to be improving well. One thing I don't think he gets enough credit for is how two footed he can be, good goal on his left today although some will say cross I reckon he was going for it, too much pace on it to be a cross to Parker imo. Still say he does a lot of his better stuff on his left (apart from the couple of wonderstrikes he has pulled out recently!

Think he has a big future here, still unsure whether or not he would possibly be a better player through the centre but still will do a good job out on either wing. Hope we keep him around for a long time because he will only get better.

Good Player with Massive Potential, given timeid like to see him try a rle just behind the front two with freedom to be creative and basicly do as he pleases, not the type of player who will just stand there and do fuck all, plus being two footed he can tie defenders into knots !!

Just wish he had some pace.

Aye I think thats the one real thing that will stop him becoming a top player in the league because its something he cant improve but good players have gotten by without being that fast.

Just wish he had some pace.

Aye I think thats the one real thing that will stop him becoming a top player in the league because its something he cant improve but good players have gotten by without being that fast.

Enrole him in the Westham school of pace, can studie with Dean Ashton lol

He's been impressive. Scoring goals now which is always good and I'd go as far as saying he should be in our starting 11 no matter who is injured. Aside from the FA Cup game he has been one of our more offensively damaging, and most influential players.

Crossing isn't perfect yet by a long shot but it's steadily improving.

I said on here the day before the Man ure game that he was doing really well but his lack of scoring was a problem, 3 goals now and he is flying was MOTM by miles today. We are so very very lucky he did not just fk us off after the way we treat him. Good on ya James keep it up!!

If Curtis Davies is worth 10m and SWP is worth 9.5m, that must put Milner in the 15m bracket, given he is English, 20/21? and as you pointed out the 7th most productive player in the league last season.

:lol:

I said on here the day before the Man ure game that he was doing really well but his lack of scoring was a problem, 3 goals now and he is flying was MOTM by miles today. We are so very very lucky he did not just fk us off after the way we treat him. Good on ya James keep it up!!

I heard he only started scoring to spite you tbh  :p

Yeah goals was certainly something he really needed to add to his game being an attacking player. Seems like he has taken Roeders comments on board because im sure it was only a week or 2 before the ManU game that he said he knows he needs to score more and is working on that side then the goals started coming. Maybe someone needs to tell him he needs to run faster, worth a try anyway  ;D

He needs to run at players a bit more, I remember seeing a bit of him last season at Villa and he was always going at the full back and getting crosses in. Doesn't matter at his lack of pace as a step over or two throws the player off balance and gives you a yard to cross.

It's probably just a confidence thing at the moment but still, he manages to turn it on for the under 21's when he's with them.

Also get a bit more aggresive, get a few challenges in here and there.

Oh and he needs to tuck his shirt in, makes it look like he hasn't got any shorts on.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Even with his lack of pace I believe he can become a good premiership player, he has a great attitude and just needs to mature some more as a player

Milner is frustrating, but little will be said when hes continuing to produce some end product like he is right now.

Hes frustrating because alot of the time, hes a poor footballer, bad first touches/ball control, poor at taking his man on, dire crossing. Other times, hes a good footballer - decent first touches, trickey player who can go both ways, quality crossing. The strange thing is he seems to progress from one to the other during a game - starts off looking poor, then 30-40 mins later as the game goes on he becomes a threat and starts getting some joy down the flanks (and then becomes pretty quiet in the latter stages of a game).

I think his general play leaves alot to be desired. If he doesnt improve, hell always be the the type of player who given enough time on the pitch, will get a goal or an assist regularly in games, but will also contribute to alot of broken down moves and hence poor team performances.

Personally, im not as sure about him as others on here seem to be. At this point in time, I would say hes a good first team player for a mid table Premiership club, which is what we are, but if were looking at top 6, I think we would need a step up in quality for that level in terms of his general play. Im talking about players with good all round play, like a Malbranque, or a Nobby, or a Dyer - thats more the ability level wed need if we were to have higher ambitions than we currently do. Milner's all round play right simply isnt up to that standard. Same thing applies to Butt - good players with good attributes, but too many of them and the overall ability of the team gets lowered considerably, and simple things like ball retention and fluid football become hard. But I really hope he improves in these departments, and that we give him the time to continue improving, since hes young and has plenty of time on his side. Ill be ****ing pissed if someone like Duff comes in and takes the spot in the team that he has earned. Lets develop a good player for once, instead of buying them.

I hate players like Milner. Frustrating as hell and you never know where you stand. He'll alternate between the brilliant and the ridiculously shit. If he was just shite at least we could get rid and move on to the next.

A lot of wingers are like that though, although Milner doesn't have the ability Robert had in his peak Robert was probably just as frustrating from Cracking in great 30 yard free kicks, excellent corners and crosses to hiding for a few games on end doing absolutely nothing. Although Milner isnt as productive yet he works a lot harder for the team.

I hate players like Milner. Frustrating as hell and you never know where you stand. He'll alternate between the brilliant and the ridiculously shit. If he was just shite at least we could get rid and move on to the next.

:lol: Sums it up. That's why debates always go on about players like this.

Yeah i think he's fucking excellent, really does his best whenever he plays, you can see that. Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Paul Scholes type role in future. Think he has the attributes to be that sort of player.

Guest Knightrider

In the summer I wasn't too fussed if he left or stayed but since the disgraceful offload only to recall him back craic, he has been outstanding and much improved from the player who left us for Villa on loan, his work rate and character is second to none and while he isn't the quickest, he looks much sharper and that is a bigger plus than sheer pace. His crossing and shooting has improved (he stays back to work on those things apparently) and is proving himself to be a decent player, at 20 or 21 he is showing some good form for us and I'm now glad we didn't sell him for 3m or whatever it was. If you look at what Young went for and the likes of Pennent then Milner must be worth more than what we were wanting for him, he is a better player than both those two. Automatic first-teamer for me. Well done the lad, one of the worst things about this season was the manner in which we tried to offload him and no-one could have complained if he decied fuck the club. He'll always do well because of his character and determination.