Saints receive 10mill Bale Bid

Guest smoggeordie

I would be very suprised if any offer for Bale was £10mil upfront. more than likely it is about £6mil with add ons to £10mil.

If that is the case, then i would be happy if it was us making the bid. I believe that our most desperate need is for a left back.

I'd take him for that.  Will be worth much,  much more in a few years time,  and its a position we badly need filling.

Only cost me £4m on FM though.

Thinking of FM, it could be a deal where he pays £4M up front, then the rest, up to £10M in instalments, based on certain conditions.

Guest rosstoon

I have heard that it is us. People who have seen commetns about southampton posted by me will realise I am not often wrong. Apparantly it is 2 teams who have offered 10 million. Bale is holding out though as he is desperate to go to Arsenal

I have heard that it is us. People who have seen commetns about southampton posted by me will realise I am not often wrong. Apparantly it is 2 teams who have offered 10 million. Bale is holding out though as he is desperate to go to Arsenal

You have got things right about Southampton before.

I'll buy the Daily Echo later, see what it says.

You have got things right about Southampton before.

I'll buy the Daily Echo later, see what it says.

Terrible paper, makes the Ronny look like a broadsheet

Would rule us out of bidding, it is a stupidly high amount, but as some people have said its a long term investment.

We are looking at a player that can give 10+ years service, is extremely talented, can get better and will increase in value.

Certainly as good a prospect as bringing Woodgate in was, and a better proposition than Boum.

That said, Id say it was more likely to be Spurs, Villa, West Ham maybe even Pompey that was bidding.

Guest Geordiesned

Probably Man Utd again. Could be Chelsea but I doubt it with the apparent in-fighting going on there about transfers at the moment.

Can't believe people are happy for us to be bidding £10m for a 17 year old championship player who has played around 30 games in his whole career! I reckon £10m would get Baines who is a lot safer bet! Im sure these saying its a good thing will be the first to slag off the board if he flops!

Can't believe people are happy for us to be bidding £10m for a 17 year old championship player who has played around 30 games in his whole career! I reckon £10m would get Baines who is a lot safer bet! Im sure these saying its a good thing will be the first to slag off the board if he flops!

To be fair, only Stozo, the eternal optimist, seems happy regardless of price tag etc.

10m is pure insanity!

i reckon we could get bridge for less than that - we do not need a 17 year old defender, even if it wont lower the average age of our defense by more than a few months....