Glenn Hopeful on Defender Decision

Skirge

Guest sicko2ndbest

Word on the street is Christian Dailly.  ::)

I shit you not.

Did you hear that on the legends?

I heard that it is Jorge Andrade.

Possible swap deal for Luque, with view to a permanant. You heard it hear first!!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Id be suprised to hear them getting rid of Andrade even on loan, he's just come back and Deportivo are struggling.

Not scoring goals is the main problem!

Id be suprised to hear them getting rid of Andrade even on loan, he's just come back and Deportivo are struggling.

I wouldn't.

They've been trying to get rid of him for years now.

Depo are struggling financially, and are actually run worse than us.

Would love a loan swap for Luque, with permenant moves possible, but i think thats just wishful thinking.

I wouldn't.

Would love a loan swap for Luque, with permenant moves possible, but i think thats just wishful thinking.

Your right, they are struggling financially but they wouldn't do a deal on a loan, it would be straight cash.

I wouldn't.

Your right, they are struggling financially but they wouldn't do a deal on a loan, it would be straight cash.

Not necessarily.

It would get him off the wage bill, no doubt he's a big earner, we will obviously have to pay some loan fee unless Luque is going the other way, and it puts him in the best shop window in the world, the EPL.

He's been out injured all season, so its not a miss to them, no one would risk big money on him at this stage, but if he does well, and we dont buy him, someone else might.

Could work out well for Depo, and us.

I'd be a lot happier with Andrade, than Dailly. If we get the former - it shows the present ambition of the club. Not good enough.  >:(

Roeder doesn't want players on the wrong side of 30. That should rule Dailly out.

If you could only have faith in Roeder.

Feel free to rip the piss if this has already been posted, but I can't be arsed to wade through the thread to find out.

Check out the bottom of this article:

Roeder says humiliation will not alter plans

By Simon Rushworth

Published: 19 January 2007

As Newcastle United supporters continue to debate the significance of Wednesday night's 5-1 defeat at the hands of Birmingham City, the search is on for the unfortunate centenarian who can clearly recall each of the Magpies' most humiliating FA Cup capitulations at St James' Park.

Only then can the true scale of a shocking result be measured. In 1914, a 5-0 third-round home defeat at the hands of Sheffield United caused upset and consternation in equal measure. Ten thousand fewer fans attended Newcastle's next home game and four weeks passed before the club celebrated a victory.

Fast forward 93 years and it would appear the Magpies stand on the cusp of a fresh crisis. Wednesday's 26,099 gate will be boosted by 25,000 when West Ham United visit St James' Park tomorrow but season ticket sales hide the mood of dissatisfaction. The Newcastle manager, Glenn Roeder, cannot allow history to repeat itself after overseeing the club's most crushing Cup defeat of the modern era.

After encouraging Premiership results against Manchester United and Tottenham Hostpur earlier this month, the optimists would suggest defeat against Birmingham was a blip. The realists insist injury-ravaged Newcastle, reliant on inexperienced youth, were fortunate to escape embarrassing drubbings in each of those League fixtures and that the City debacle was a disaster waiting to happen.

"Wednesday wasn't a game too far for the young players but it was a hell of a learning curve," said Roeder, who stands accused of indecision in the transfer market. "But it doesn't change our transfer plans. To let one lack of a performance change what my plans are over the next two weeks would be stupid.

"What it does, it reinforces the importance of being able to fulfil what my plans are over the next two weeks and we have four or five senior players back over that period. By the time the window shuts I am expecting to have four or five available and that will make a big difference."

Roeder is mooted to have a £10m transfer budget at his disposal with defenders his obvious priority. Manchester United's Gabriel Heinze and Birmingham's Matthew Upson are the higher profile targets being discussed at the top level but Newcastle are hardly an attractive prospect for potential employees. The Uefa Cup represents the club's only hope of success in 2007 - without it the Magpies' season would, effectively, be over. After Wednesday night many Newcastle supporters believe it already is.

http://www.myfootballnews.co.uk/news_jump.html?player_id=981&story=709011

I'd be a lot happier with Andrade, than Dailly. If we get the former - it shows the present ambition of the club. Not good enough.  >:(

Roeder doesn't want players on the wrong side of 30. That should rule Dailly out.

If you could only have faith in Roeder.

Original posted should have read 'the latter'.

I have faith in Roeder - it's our fat b@stard of a chairman that I have zero confidence in, and it's he who pulls all the strings.

Walter Samuel from Internazionale ? Hardly ever play for them....

Would be a great signing.

F*ucking hell that Tomasson moved on loan to Villareal, would have been a great loaning for us. Him and Oba...