Mido

lovejoy

Guest Alan_Shearer

Yea! I rate Mido, he was great last season and was good in the African Cup of Nations.

They say we are in need of another striker and i dont think you'll find one much better than Mido lying around. At £3 mil is isn't a huge risk either.

O0

"The price" is £3m apparently.

Not keen myself on bringing him to City myself. Nothing against him as a player, I think he'd do a good job for most given consistent games, if you can put up with the strops, occasional weight gain, the bi-annual disappearance to the African Nations Cup and the flood of juvenile egyptians who would inevitably flood this forum. Its just that we're already a hopelessly dull long ball outfit, we most definetly do NOT need another target man type forward. If we do sign him I'll probably gauge my own eyes out rather than go thru the pain of watching Richard Dunne punt it up the pitch 50 times a match. I want City to sign someone with no aerial presence  :'(

Not keen myself on bringing him to City myself. Nothing against him as a player, I think he'd do a good job for most given consistent games, if you can put up with the strops, occasional weight gain, the bi-annual disappearance to the African Nations Cup and the flood of juvenile egyptians who would inevitably flood this forum. Its just that we're already a hopelessly dull long ball outfit, we most definetly do NOT need another target man type forward. If we do sign him I'll probably gauge my own eyes out rather than go thru the pain of watching Richard Dunne punt it up the pitch 50 times a match. I want City to sign someone with no aerial presence  :'(

Why are City buying another "big" striker? Samaras? Corradi? Is there any logic behind it?

Could one be leaving?

Would have thought getting a pacey striker a better shout, as you seem to agree.

Would take him at that price.

If hes a problem, ship him out next summer. Even if he isnt a problem, even if hes a success over the next 4-5 months, still ship him out, since realistically hes not a top 4 first team striker and that should be our aim. In the mean time, I would rather we had him up front regularly in the Premiership than someone like Sibierski.

We need to "use" players for once too. Everyone knows Mido is a problem, but its pretty obvious were crying out for another striker with different attributes to Martins, and at the same time everyone knows we need to sign defenders - ie, funds are limited. Owen is coming back towards the end of the season, Ameobi will be back next season, more strikers will be available next summer (no WC) - this is the type of "small money" signing where we could use and then discard a player that we need without making much of a loss, or even a profit if things go well.

And given our current paper thin squad and the fact that hes at least a decent or average forward, I seriously doubt theres going to be any problems with regards to him getting games from now till the end of the season. And if Martins gets injured, we're screwed, imagine if he picks one up that sees him out for the whole season - itd be less of a blow if we got someone decent in, and Mido at 3mill might be one of the few going.

For 3 mill, its a worthy gamble with the chips stacked on our side. Cant see Roeder wanting this at all, but we definately need to sign someone.

Why are City buying another "big" striker? Samaras? Corradi? Is there any logic behind it?

Could one be leaving?

Would have thought getting a pacey striker a better shout, as you seem to agree.

Stuart Pearce has many qualities. However, having half a brain is not one of them. Up front last season we had Andy Cole- I thought he was a great player for us, much better footballer than I ever thought he was - We played great football around him and he helped Vassell get into double figures. This season we have replaced him with Bernardo Corradi - Who is shite at everything but jumping and we're doing nothing but punting up at him. Even when he's been out of the side we're still playing the long ball game. Its absolutely shite to watch and woefully inneffective, we cant create a chance for shit and if we didn't have such a good defense we'd be going down. We desperately need an Andy Cole/Robbie Fowler type player, someone who's strength is with the ball at their feet and not that good in the air, who we would play football off instead of some lump, Samaras could probably be that player but because he's tall hes a target according to Pearce and we lump it up to him too. Our strikers this season have scored 4,2,1 and 0 goals respectively in the league this season - and only 1 of those away from home. Absolutely shite return under any circumstances...so whats the answer? To me, we need to change tactics. To Pearce, its apparently buy someone else.  :'(

Not keen flood of juvenile egyptians who would inevitably flood this forum.

Trust me,i know what your talking about  :lol:

My friend is cursing the day the fucker joined the spuds (Sadly he is one of them) because of that

If Mido joins us,there is not escaping them,not here,not toontastic,they will be all over the place saying how good of a player he is and should be awarded the best player award etc..Loads and of bollocks..

I would take him at £3m, he is a good player who would work well with Martins and Owen and if the toys do come out of the pram I reckon someone else would take him on. The one thing he really needs is a regular place and he would get that at least until Owen comes back. Would also give us more opportunity to give Owen a little more time to get 110% instead of rushing him back.

for 3m i'd take him - i'm just affraid that we'll see another mido-tantrum after owen is back to full fittness - but fuck that, we need players now!