Oguchi Onyewu signs on loan

KaKa

He's an ok player, better than the likes of Bramble and Ramage certainly but nothing too special either.

He'll also need a bit of time to adjust, the Belgian league is shite quality and slower paced. Can't help but wonder why you never just signed someone already playing over here.. even if it meant getting one of the best centre halfs from the Championship. Which doesn't mean Upson.

Let say he does sign as expected, and we do want to sign Davies in the summer. Then we will be well stuffed in the centre back position with Taylor Gooch Ramage Huntington Moore Bramble Edgar? Anyone else? Moore we already know is most certain to leave, but who else? Taylor and Gooch for me will be starting. Bramble close behind, Ramage to go?

Ramage - not great, but has shown far more potential than Bramble and is arguably versatile. Plus, Ramage has got a lot of years ahead of him and will probably mature under Pearson and Roeder.

Bramble - has failed miserably at Newcastle, proving that he was never good enough and never will be. Has to be time to get rid of this total liability and halt people from lying about how he's gonna be an awesome player. Has failed under three different managers and simply cannot be fixed.

Ramage > Bramble for me, Captain Underpants.

Pie-in-the-sky clarification:

Steven Taylor

Curtis Davies - presuming we sign him for say £6/7m

Oguchi Onyewu - presuming he does well enough to stay

Peter Ramage

David Edgar

Paul Huntington

I'd be content with that... Moore might stay aswell which would be helpful. We could even snap up the likes of Tal Ben Haim and Sylvain Distin for frees in the summer. Would definitely go in for Ben Haim; it wouldn't be Campbell mark II either, cos the Israeli's only like 24.

Bramble is a far superior talent to Ramage.

But when will he learn? like Yorkie said 3 different managers and he still hasnt cut out the errors that are holding him back. How many chances does the man have, how many goals does he have to give away?

Ramage has had a mare the last few months, but he has a good 4 years of errors before he catches Bramble up.

Personally I think Moore will be off, Bramble will do enough to earn an extension, we will loan Hunty and Edgar out, buy Davies or similar and have a central defence of

Taylor, Bramble, Gooch, Davies, Ramage,

Bit of luck we will ship out Carr and Baba and get in a couple of LB's and a decent RB.

Bramble has a lot more going for him than Ramage imo.

Absolutely beyond me how people can still say that to be completely honest.

Bramble has done absolutely fuck all except mess up our defense in his five years ( :rolleyes: how on Earth?) here. He's been under three different manager, one of which was top class and the other two former defensive players, and none have been able to sort him out. He's 25 now and he's not even brinked on the England squad, and for a 'young' centre-back who's apparantely a monster who's gonna be immense, that is plain pitiful. The best part of his Newcastle career came in a 7 or 8 game period at the end of last season, when everybody was playing well.

He's shit... always has been and always will be.

Ramage on the other hand, on the whole, has looked relatively promising who's just never going to be a world beater. He's only 21 and there is time to iron out the mistakes and develop him into a half-decent defender. The likes of Roeder and Pearson can do that. Bramble on the other hand, it's just too late.

I think Bramble has shown far more potential than Ramage. I've seen plenty of games where Bramble has been absolutely immense, like a truck couldn't get past him. Others, obviously he's been horrific but i've yet to see a performance in Ramage like Bramble's best.

I don't think he's going to be a good player in the future, but Ramage is even worse!

Ramage isn't exactly young though, ok he hasn't been in the team long but there will be reasons for that too. At the age Ramage was breaking through Bramble was playing well in the Champions league. He hasn't always been a failure, he has had some very good, solid games but he always throws it away with a spell of shite, mistake ridden spells.

Both aren't good enough to be first team regulars but Bramble has talent there just will never be consistant enough for it to be of any use, I don't really think Ramage has much or any talent at all!

I'd let Bramble and Ramage go in the summer tbh.

This, and Moore.

Leaving us very thin on the ground, and with our recent transfer window debarcles, i can hardly be convinced that we'd replace (and improve) the defensive squad.

Just get rid of Bramble. Ramage will mature and Moore is a useful old head.

Guest Knightrider

I'd let Bramble and Ramage go in the summer tbh.

This, and Moore.

Leaving us very thin on the ground, and with our recent transfer window debarcles, i can hardly be convinced that we'd replace (and improve) the defensive squad.

Just get rid of Bramble. Ramage will mature and Moore is a useful old head.

I say that assuming we sign this American, and another (that WBA fella) which would leave us with Taylor, the Yank, another, Huntington and Edgar, 5 CBs which is more than enough in my opinion.

Guest Knightrider

Ramage wont mature, as said he isn't 21, he is 24 this year and still shit!

Fuck me, is he that old? I thought he was 22.

Truth is, Bramble's crap - always has been and will not improve.

Ramage on the other hand, will probably improve. Let him see out his contract atleast, and if he shows no signs of promise, let him go.

Bramble, on the other hand, is too far gone and the blinding mistakes will never be ironed out. He simply doesn't deserve a contract and it's pointless keeping him on. We're just going backwards if we 'reward' Titus with another contract.

I don't see any promise in Ramage. He's had a couple, literally a couple, of solid games. He's woeful on the ball and slow. Bramble is quick, strong, good distribtution (most the time), his downfall is his brain. I don't really think he should get a new contract, but he's a naturally talented defender tbh.

Just don't see any ability in Ramage that makes me think he's going to be a good player. Might be worth keeping as a squad player because he can 'play' across the back, but if he's going to be first choice defender we might aswell give up now!

Bramble can pass the ball and 40 yard passes to feet (although often it misses he can still do it)

He is good in the air

Strong

Quite fast

Often puts in a good last ditch tackle (often when he has fucked up in the first place but still)

Ramage can.... erm well he is slow, quite weak, average in the air, can hoof it somewhere upfield erm his face may put players off, erm....

As said both arent good enough but Bramble has some good points to his game where I really cannot think of many if any to Ramage's!