Oguchi Onyewu signs on loan

KaKa

Another vid of him on youtube doing a long throw  into the box, will be nice to have a player that can do longggggggg throws too. :D

Like previously stated, he almost threw it in the net.  Has that ever happened?

Ask Brummie. :lol:

:knuppel2:

from a site given earlier:

...To measure his progress, the Americans' World Cup qualifiers against Mexico last year provided an enlightening gauge. In the first meeting, Arena decided to test his young defender with an unexpected starting assignment in one of the world's most unforgiving settings: 120,000-seat Estadio Azteca in oxygen-deprived Mexico City.

Overall he performed reasonably well, but the moment everyone will remember came in the first half when he lost track of Mexican star Jared Borgetti, who scored on a short header to spark a 2-1 victory.

Six months later in Columbus, Ohio, with a World Cup berth going to the winner, Onyewu's physical play unnerved Borgetti and helped the Americans to a 2-0 triumph.

"He's learned from those experiences and gotten better and better."

Could be wrong, but I seem to remember that he was playing out of position -- on the right -- in the Mexico City game.

I've only seen him play for the US nats during WC qualifiers. And he wasn't troubled much by the Salvadoran, Panamanian, and Trinidadian strikers that were thrown at him.  But that isn't saying much. I have no idea how he'll do. 

Another vid of him on youtube doing a long throw  into the box, will be nice to have a player that can do longggggggg throws too. :D

I forget what happened, care to enlighten?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/photo_galleries/football/2263084.stm

Check it out.

It would be bad enough in any match, the fact that it was against the blue scum from the other side of the city just made it about as bad as it gets on a football pitch.

Check it out.

It would be bad enough in any match, the fact that it was against the blue scum from the other side of the city just made it about as bad as it gets on a football pitch.

I see, I remember it faintly now.  I imagine you wish you could do the same.  Harper vs. Pool earlier this year

was almost as embarassing.  That nutter who ran on the pitch deserves a right bollocking, though. 

Check it out.

I see, I remember it faintly now.  I imagine you wish you could do the same.  Harper vs. Pool earlier this year

was almost as embarassing.  That nutter who ran on the pitch deserves a right bollocking, though. 

he got more than that, he got a prison sentence.

:thup: :thup:

Freddy will be touching himself over the coverage we will be getting in the states. Plus this might guarentee more matches getting shown over in the states/Canada for when i mover out in a few months.

Wouldn't count on it, mate.  It's quite brutal over here.  Unless you spend some cash on getting Fox Soccer Channel, Setanta USA

and the like.  Where exactly are you moving to?

Check it out.

he got more than that, he got a prison sentence.

:thup: :thup:

That'll do it.  Tossing some jail house salad couldn't be any worse than being a blue nose, could it?  O0

Canada, My brothers currently over there and gets the Fox and ESPN channels with his package, think theres another seperate soccer channel aswell though.

Newcastle seem to be on quite a bit, would have thought having one of the countries best players might help with the schedule bias though..

Canada, My brothers currently over there and gets the Fox and ESPN channels with his package, think theres another seperate soccer channel aswell though.

Newcastle seem to be on quite a bit, would have thought having one of the countries best players might help with the schedule bias though..

Welcome to the great north, mate! Fox Sports Channel Canada is decent and does show some Toon games as well as Sportsnet, but coverage as a whole, stinks.  Hope you have a place in your heart for Ice Hockey as it's going to be shoved down your throat 24 hrs a day.  It's all anyone cares about here. 

Where in Canada are you moving to? (I'm in Toronto)

The other half has just got in from work and she's just said on Radio 1 they are saying Oguchi Onyewi is disgussing terms and one of them is if he's got to play with Bramble...I told her she must of misheard but she says they definetely said it.

where is el papi and bartos when you need them?

you need me?  :o i posted something about onyewu before i got an exam this afternoon...

i'm happy with his signing, heero (another belgian on here) texted me "Noooooooooooo" so not everyone is that happy with it, but if it's a loan you can't do anything wrong... there were rumours about real madrid, chelsea, fulham, marseille, he can't be that bad

he's beast in terms of physical condition, but quite levelheaded off the field, true professional, English-speaking, he can be a bit bramble-esque but i'm sure he's a better version than bramble, can still improve loads in terms of ability...

i'm looking forward to an onyewu-taylor partnership, i still think we should have a LB more than a CB, that's worrying me a bit

Welcome to the great north, mate! Fox Sports Channel Canada is decent and does show some Toon games as well as Sportsnet, but coverage as a whole, stinks.  Hope you have a place in your heart for Ice Hockey as it's going to be shoved down your throat 24 hrs a day.  It's all anyone cares about here. 

hey, what aboot lacrosse, eh?

The other half has just got in from work and she's just said on Radio 1 they are saying Oguchi Onyewi is disgussing terms and one of them is if he's got to play with Bramble...I told her she must of misheard but she says they definetely said it.

They were probably taking the piss.

Our national sport and most violent.  They really wack the shite out of each other. 

Our national sport and most violent.  They really wack the shite out of each other. 

which is why it deserves a shout! :thup: :smitten: