Owen And Harps Set For Shearer's Bar Q&A - 12/2/07

Nobby

Owen And Harps Set For Shearer's Bar Q&A

MICHAEL Owen and Steve Harper will be the next two Newcastle United stars to take part in a terrific talk-in at Shearer's Bar this month.

The Magpies' record signing and our long-serving goalkeeper will be answering YOUR questions at Shearer's Bar on Monday, February 12, starting from 7pm.

A staggering 20,000 fans poured into St. James' Park when goal ace Michael joined from Real Madrid in August 2005, and his presence for the talk-in will guarantee a great night.

Harps, meanwhile, has the distinction of playing in all four English divisions, the UEFA Cup, Champions League and an FA Cup Final during his career.

So if you want to put a question to either player then email the nufc.co.uk team at [email protected] and you may get it answered on the night.

And the winner of what we consider to be the best question will get the chance to meet the players and have a photograph taken on the night, while four other lucky fans will be invited into the Shearer's Bar VIP area for the talk-in.

There'll also be great giveaways a prizes up for grabs in a super quiz on the night as well. Stay logged on to nufc.co.uk as we keep you informed of what will be happening on the night.

Remember - entry to Shearer's Bar is FREE on the night, but make sure you're there early as it's sure to be a real crowd-puller!

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~975294,00.html

Guest smoggeordie

Question one: "Welcome, Englands Michael Owen, now we appreciate it's not your fault you got injured twice last year, however, have you enjoyed the roughly 7 million pounds you've earned off our club for a meagre ten games?"

Owen - Was it a good idea to piss off on international duty after playing only 38 minutes in 5 months for your paymasters?

Harper - Why such a lack of pride and personal ambition?

Harper should be proud of himself tbh, could have gone off and got regular first team football somewhere else and no doubt a higher salary given his status but he has chosen to stay and fight for his place here.

Owen - Was it a good idea to piss off on international duty after playing only 38 minutes in 5 months for your paymasters?

Harper should be proud of himself tbh, could have gone off and got regular first team football somewhere else and no doubt a higher salary given his status but he has chosen to stay and fight for his place here.

i agree, would like all players to be like that

i agree, would like all players to be like that

Luque does that too.

;)

Theres not a fight for the place though, he only plays when Given is injured, which up until this year was very rare.  If he was foreign he'd get pilloried for being a money grabbing bastard.

As if you wouldn't pass up the opportunity to go to a World Cup.

Can't stand this forum sometimes.

Theres not a fight for the place though, he only plays when Given is injured, which up until this year was very rare.  If he was foreign he'd get pilloried for being a money grabbing bastard.

i think he still believes there might be a chance, I think he has probably played as many games as Given this season hasn't he?

If he was foreign and as good as he is the few chances he gets I would doubt very much he would get pillored, im sure other foreign second choice keepers in the prem don't get slated for being money grabbing bastards!

Guest Knightrider

I don't know how true this is or not but I've heard Harper gets extra financial incentives for "staying loyal" to the club.

Harper. Whats it like finally having to do something for your money ?

Owen. So Michael, which body part are you planning on doing in this summer ?

Apparently the hip that carries his wallet is fucked! :)

Guest wondermike

Does anyone know how old you have to be to get into these talks because it's my son's 16th birthday on monday and thougt it would be a canny present

Guest Geordiecunny

You have to send the questions in before hand. A stringent vetting of questions is pretty inevitable. I expect there to be questions like "What do you think of anyone who wrongly expects the chairman to step aside?" "some people think you'd prefer another club, but that's not true is it Michael?"

Q and A with Michael Owen. That'll be riveting.

Regarding Harps' lack of ambition, perhaps the guy's just happy and settled where he is, despite playing second fiddle. There's more to life than first team football.

Was actually with Harper as well as Owen. On for approx 45 mins...seemed a bit short to me like but nevermind...

Owen..talked about his time at Liverpool, who he supported as a youngtser, talked about the number 9/10 saga at England, NUFC and Liverpool.

Has a target game to come back against this season..of which he wouldn't say who, but expected it to be the last 2/3 games...

Has had 4 bouts of surgery since his time at NUFC. Before NUFC = 0.....

Intends to see at least his contract out if not more which got a round of applause..

No intention of going to any other league now and said Prem was best in the world

Didn't like the lifestyle at Madrid, missed friends/family

Shearer and Woodgate were the biggest pranksters. King Al used to hammer anyone and everyone for whatever reason if he seen any opportunity.

Harper was really good crack...coming out with a few amusing comments that both took the piss out of himself as well as others. When Owen said there was no-one who had a bigger smile on their face when NUFC won at the weekend Harper replied back with "Oh I dunno like" referring to his dodgy mis-kick a few times within the time he was on.

Both talked about their best games for NUFC; Owens was West Brom for us (With his best goal so far for NUFC also against WBA) and also England 5-1 Germany, and Harper had 2 particular favourites, where he said the week before he was playing against Wigan reserves or something similar, then the following Wednesday he was shaking hands with Del Piero, Nedved, Buffon et al in the champs league where we won 1-0. Other game was Man U 3-0.

Few Soccer AM type questions..

First and last off the training pitch; Milner & Parker

Worst dress sense, Parker with his extra small boys tops on!

Longest in the Shower...Harper said Bramble...

Worst music taste..."any 'non-english' music" said Harper!

From Skunkers.