Palermo "fans" kill policeman

Guest smoggeordie

They should ban the Italian leaugue out of the UEFA! Too much hooliganism and dramatic attendances! The worst leaugue in the world....

Back in 1990 I considered it as the best leugue in the world.

it did used to be when AC Milan won the European Cup in 1990

At that time the stadiums were sold out. The best players in the world played in Italy. Dutch kids all were wearing Milan, Juventus and Napoli shirts.

And then suddenly it was over and there was the rise of the Premiership! 

at about that time with van basten,rijkaard andthat other bloke, milan were probably the best team in the world for a couple of years

Gullit

definately, one of the greatest teams of all time. 

Yeah really great team! Im still proud of my heroes. But dont forget Napoli. They were great as well. Maradonna, Careca, Carnevale..., Brilliant forward line!

To Optim: Italy wont host the WC 2012. They've spoiled there chances if you ask me

yeah AC Milan won European Cup in 1989, 90 and 94. and were runners up in 93 and 95

Sampdoria runners up in 92

then the premiership came along but

Juve won it in 96 runners up in 97 and 98

Guest TheDutchman

At this moment I thinks the Spanish Primeira division is the strongest in the world. The Premiership runner up imo.

The English always get labbeled as the football hooligans.  While it seems to be present to an extent with the national team, the italians are far wose.

I've been to 2 games in italy compared to god knows how many here, yet ive seen far worse there than here.  I went to scotland v italy at the san siero, and italian fans were fighting amongst themselves below us, throwing flares at each other and at the riot police.  Apparently AC V Inter fans (V police)

Guest TheDutchman

The English always get labbeled as the football hooligans.  While it seems to be present to an extent with the national team, the italians are far wose.

I've been to 2 games in italy compared to god knows how many here, yet ive seen far worse there than here.  I went to scotland v italy at the san siero, and italian fans were fighting amongst themselves below us, throwing flares at each other and at the riot police.  Apparently AC V Inter fans (V police)

Well Ive noticed a remarkable thing. You english lads only make riots in other countries. In you own country you can walk along with the opponent ( most of the time), In Holland the hooligans demolish there own cities. And when abroad were the most friendly country in the world. But Italy is shite in all of it!

The English always get labbeled as the football hooligans.  While it seems to be present to an extent with the national team, the italians are far wose.

I've been to 2 games in italy compared to god knows how many here, yet ive seen far worse there than here.  I went to scotland v italy at the san siero, and italian fans were fighting amongst themselves below us, throwing flares at each other and at the riot police.  Apparently AC V Inter fans (V police)

the reason is that when something happened over here,it was front page,in holland,france,italy and spain it they kept it quieter.all worse or as bad as england.right now if the world cup was held in europe tomorrow i'd be more worried about italians,poles and germans than us.

Guest TheDutchman

The English always get labbeled as the football hooligans.  While it seems to be present to an extent with the national team, the italians are far wose.

I've been to 2 games in italy compared to god knows how many here, yet ive seen far worse there than here.  I went to scotland v italy at the san siero, and italian fans were fighting amongst themselves below us, throwing flares at each other and at the riot police.  Apparently AC V Inter fans (V police)

the reason is that when something happened over here,it was front page,in holland,france,italy and spain it they kept it quieter.all worse or as bad as england.right now if the world cup was held in europe tomorrow i'd be more worried about italians,poles and germans than us.

I dont think thats true. England was number 1 in the hooligan chart at WC 2006. Followed by Germany and Poland.

Well Ive noticed a remarkable thing. You english lads only make riots in other countries. In you own country you can walk along with the opponent ( most of the time), In Holland the hooligans demolish there own cities. And when abroad were the most friendly country in the world. But Italy is shite in all of it!

Just to point out, I'm a Scotland fan, not england - so i have nothing to do with the england fan's antics.  But i do think england are not the worst.

they are a bunch of scumbags, it happens far too much in italy, and nothing ever gets done. I hold these guys in the same regard as those retarded mackems, west ham, and chelsea fans that go over to the continent and cause trouble in the name of ENGLAND. not pointing fingers like.

Guest TheDutchman

they are a bunch of scumbags, it happens far too much in italy, and nothing ever gets done. I hold these guys in the same regard as those retarded mackems, west ham, and chelsea fans that go over to the continent and cause trouble in the name of ENGLAND. not pointing fingers like.

Are they the worst of all?

I dont think thats true. England was number 1 in the hooligan chart at WC 2006. Followed by Germany and Poland.

which hooligan chart is that ?

Are they the worst of all?

alot of the crap doesnt get reported. anywhere.

this is from a few days ago:

The death of an amateur football manager on a weekend that saw several other violent incidents in stadiums throughout Italy, has sparked a debate on Italian society.

Ermanno Licursi, the manager of amateur club Sammartinese died after attempting to stop a brawl that erupted after his team won 2-1 away at Cancellese in a 3rd-category game played at Luzzi, a village in the southern region of Calabria.

Five persons, two of them players of Cancellese, were under investigation for the death of 41-year-old Licursi, who died from internal bleeding after repeatedly being kicked in the head.

"You will hear about this tragedy for a long time. It is not possible to let a man die like this, alone, without the police nor anyone else to protect him," his widow said.

Licursi's death came shortly after the Italian Interior Ministry issued a report about Italian football violence.

Although the report found the number of football violence-related injuries had decreased, the number of arrests, the number of criminal charges arising from football violence and the number of games considered high-risk matches has all increased in Serie A and the two lower divisions of professional football.

The interim president of the Italian football federation (FICG) was quick to react to this weekend's violence, saying that he is "ready to suspend the leagues if tragedies and aggressions like those on the weekend persist."

The death of Licursi was in fact only the tip of the iceberg on a weekend further marred by an assistant referee needing 12 stitches after being hit by a drum in a game in Genzano di Lucania.

The game was called off and the man who threw the drum arrested.

As it happens almost every weekend, the Serie A also had its share of violence. In Florence, a fan of visiting Livorno was severely wounded in his head in clashes before the Tuscany derby against Fiorentina.

And in Bergamo, three supporters of hosting Atalanta were arrested for attacking the bus of Catania fans in clashes that left five policemen wounded.

Other clashes in Cava dei Tirreni, south of Naples, interrupted for more than 40 minutes the Serie C1 game between Cavese and guests Taranto, and two fans suffered burns from firecrackers during a 1st-category game between sides from Lazio, the region around Rome.

"We are above the emergency level," Pancalli said. "I am ready for anything in order to defend respectable people and referees and to protect football.

"I hope that through general cooperation it is possible to avoid the suspension of the leagues but, I repeat, it is unacceptable to see such violence. I cannot just watch."

Pancalli, a 42-year-old former pentathlete who is a wheelchair following a horseriding accident, said he wants to visit "certain stadiums and watch the games from the curves. If my health allows it, I want to go and see certain things."

The president of the national amateur leagues (Lega dilettanti), Carlo Tavecchio, said that the violence showed a side of Italian society.

"What happens on Sundays mirrors what Italy is," Tavecchio said. "We are not trying to escape responsibility for a tragic event, but the Lega is doing all it can. The system must be blocked for a reflection on the use free time, on competition and on respect.

"Ours is still a country of town prides, of the 1,000 dialects, of extreme touchiness, where in some areas one runs serious risks. In Italy there is not the acceptance of defeat.

"In Calabria we suspended everything and Cancellese will certainly be banished."

He also said that his organization would give support to the family of the dead manager.

Because most clashes happen between hooligans and police, experiments are being suggested not to have policemen in the stadiums.

The region Tuscany has proposed cheap tickets to lure families at the games and courses for stewards.

And because riots are often triggered from what happens on the pitch, Roberto Donadoni, coach of the Italian national team, sent a warning to team officials and players.

"As members of the football federation, we should start using less exasperated tones," he suggested.

By Alberto Cagliano, Dpa

© 2007 DPA

http://www.playfuls.com/news_0000006684_Football_Death_And_Violence_Stirs_Debate_About_Society.html

Because most clashes happen between hooligans and police, experiments are being suggested not to have policemen in the stadiums.

Asking for trouble.

it may be the italian police reaping the rewards for years of doing fuck all to stop it(or if you ask boro fans,encouraging and abetting it)

Asking for trouble.

I went to an Inter Milan match last year and sat in the Ultras, the police were all down the other end of the stadium, as far away from them as possible. The let them knock themselves out mentality is already there and it works most of the time, when the police wade in it amplifies the violence in most cases.

These Sicilian derbies are notoriously violent, this season is the first time in few decades that 3 of them have all been in the same division. A riot like this was almost inevitble, they could have had 10x as many police there and it would of still been total carnage  :undecided:

Siere A are just lucky Pisa and Fiorentina are divisions apart, thats another war waiting to happen.

Asking for trouble.

I went to an Inter Milan match last year and sat in the Ultras, the police were all down the other end of the stadium, as far away from them as possible. The let them knock themselves out mentality is already there and it works most of the time, when the police wade in it amplifies the violence in most cases.

These Sicilian derbies are notoriously violent, this season is the first time in few decades that 3 of them have all been in the same division. A riot like this was almost inevitble, they could have had 10x as many police there and it would of still been total carnage  :undecided:

Siere A are just lucky Pisa and Fiorentina are divisions apart, thats another war waiting to happen.

why?? are the fiorentines pushing the tower ?

Hooliganism nowadays is much worse in countries like Poland, Italy and Turkey, you can attend a european game in England without much fear for your safety but it's a different story elsewhere. Italian police do fuck all about hooligans in alot of cases it appears and you could argue they are hooligans themselves, i think that's where the problem lies, the policing just isn't good enough. In this case though, in a sicilian derby where passion and pride mean so much, not letting he Palermo fans in the ground was always going to cause conflict.

Hooliganism nowadays is much worse in countries like Poland, Italy and Turkey, you can attend a european game in England without much fear for your safety but it's a different story elsewhere. Italian police do fuck all about hooligans in alot of cases it appears and you could argue they are hooligans themselves, i think that's where the problem lies, the policing just isn't good enough. In this case though, in a sicilian derby where passion and pride mean so much, not letting he Palermo fans in the ground was always going to cause conflict.

the police just can't cope with it.. Italian people are different, you know.. some years ago after a Rome derby there was a rumour that a kid was killed by policeman.. so Lazio and Roma fans united in a riot against the police.. there were like half a million people fighting all over the city that night.. you can't control that

Disgusting to be honest. No doubt UEFA will eventually get pushed into banning.. and then the case will go to the courts to overule and reinstate as per usual.

Didnt someone throw a motor bike off one of the stands in a Milan derby a couple of years ago.. I mean how did they even get it in to begin with?