Michael Chopra

Nobby

Out of is depth in the PL.

This. Found his level in the Championship; good luck to him.

Aye exactly. I've seen 1 goal out of his hat trick, from outside the box was absolutely class.

He was just a headless chicken for us, ran around doing nothing.

Aye exactly. I've seen 1 goal out of his hat trick, from outside the box was absolutely class.

all 3 were outside the box and class

I'd dearly love to disagree, after all he's 100% geordie, cut him open and he bleeds black and white - but I reckon you were right.

Still think he was better than many given more chances here (and no, I'm NOT thinking of Shola, who I think has a raw deal from many on here)

all 3 were outside the box and class

People need to see the hat-trick before judging and moaning tbh.

Not many people will ever score hat-tricks as good as that at that level or above, and its my opinion that it wouldn't of mattered if it were EPL players & keeper there, he's still of scored them.

As said look at the quality goals Sam Parkin has scored, still wont make it in the Premiership.

Gary Caldwell does well at Champions league Celtic apparently, should never have let him go...

Chopra was on the verge, he was coming good.

He's an EPL player who needed games, and we didn't give them to him.

He improved his application under GR, he was up for it at the end of the season, and thats now part of his game. He also has improved his strength and even though being small he's much more stocky now than before and not bullied about the place.

We let him go at exactly the wrong time.

He just wanted to know that he'd be up amongst consideration, but NUFC couldn't offer that, but could to Ameobi, which was his problem, he just wanted half as many chances as Shola had and he'd be happy.

We've shot ourselves in the foot, especially because of this season, but hindsight is a wonderful thing, but still, there were enough reasons to hold on to him than just what injuries have piled up. He'd have been a revelation this season, i reckon there is another 20% in him when playing for us, the same for any toon fan.

As said look at the quality goals Sam Parkin has scored, still wont make it in the Premiership.

Gary Caldwell does well at Champions league Celtic apparently, should never have let him go...

Tbh he would do a far better job than Carr, Ramage etc

True.

We tried to keep him, he didn't want to stay.

imho he was never nurtured correctly at newcastle like youngsters at other clubs who make the grade .we seem to have a knack of wasting players talents and he could be one of those "we let him slip through our fingers"

Guest Geordiesned

I think Chopra will do a good job in the Premiership tbh. He didn't make it at Newcastle but he's banging them in now and is showing what a talent he is.

I honestly think that a lot of people are really hoping he doesn't make it in the top flight because then it'll show that maybe we should have stuck by him and make the club look bad for getting rid.

I think Chopra will do a good job in the Premiership tbh. He didn't make it at Newcastle but he's banging them in now and is showing what a talent he is.

I honestly think that a lot of people are really hoping he doesn't make it in the top flight because then it'll show that maybe we should have stuck by him and make the club look bad for getting rid.

In all honesty I hope the lad does make it at the top as he always showed his love for the club and was never one of those who went out, made a tit of themselves and put the club to shame. Comes across as someone who really deserves a bit of success. Just don't think he looked out of his depth more often than not in the chances he was given.

He has done very well in the championship but as others have shown (Rasiak being the most recent), the championship is a whole other level compared to this league.

Guest Kenton Magpie

Found his level and if Cardiff ever make the Premiership he will have no choice but to join another Championship side or face a season of struggle

Guest Knightrider

You'd think a player would have to be some kind of world beater just to stand a chance in the Premiership, jesus it ain't that good a league, in fact it is home to many average or mediocre players. If Paul Dickov et al can forge himself a decent career in the Premiership so can the likes of Chopra and Co.

Guest Knightrider

Thing is, thats Ameobi's level as well.

Then by your own admission, isn't he overachieving here in the big wide world of the Premiership, given that he has made a career in the league for himself, even, at times, scoring goals and playing well. Not bad for a Championship player. See, there is hope for Chopra yet.