Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Playing for the draw in the last 10 minutes or so of a game.  Really infuriates me.

Was jumping up and down screaming at the telly when Elliot was just standing bouncing the ball tonight :lol:

If there's 5/10 minutes to go and it's level, go for it I say. Football is a winning game.

Disagree. If they're knackered the risks of them pouring forward and losing a valuable away point (and more importantly giving the opposition three) because they're too tired to run back if the move breaks down - then by all means play conservatively at the end. If they have energy, and/or a draw means elimination - then sure.. but we weren't at that stage, and you could see the players were tired at the 90.

The "United" debate - absolutely boil when TV or Radio do it (Townsend is one of the worst). Determined one day I'm going to ring one of the national phone ins to talk about "United" and see how long it is before the presenter realises what team I'm talking about - could be easily phrased to make them look completely stupid - after next week's game would be good, especially if we win!

Guest firetotheworks

Another one similar to that 'he's human after all' is when Clive Tyldesley inhales and exhales oxygen, but furthermore, when he says that a player was 'unable to bring it under their spell' because it's Rooney, or one of the other players he bums on a regular basis.

Anyone else and it's simply 'his control let him down' or worse.

People who moan about coloured boots, such a non-issue.

I'm sorry but...

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWoXNWocpCj4952svti4NATX9vsa_Nq6tZ25fjFvfkI-LLOf53lw

There's just no need is there? They have less traction it would seem and they'd look more use on some cowie-pulling gimmers hands at a rave.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_5Pop801QKVixJ2N4QIhy3Z-evo6P4jF_-DG1o6d2y1wjOcDRRw

People who moan about coloured boots, such a non-issue.

I'm sorry but...

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWoXNWocpCj4952svti4NATX9vsa_Nq6tZ25fjFvfkI-LLOf53lw

There's just no need is there? They have less traction it would seem and they'd look more use on some cowie-pulling gimmers hands at a rave.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_5Pop801QKVixJ2N4QIhy3Z-evo6P4jF_-DG1o6d2y1wjOcDRRw

I'm with JB.

The fancy colouring has nothing to do with traction. Why can't footballers wear whatever boots they want? It makes no difference what they look like. So you don't like purple boots? I can't say I love them either, but why is it ALWAYS fucking mentioned if anyone other than Messi wears a colour that isn't insanely conservative?

It's the apparent notion that they don't help you stand up very well, coupled with the flashy colours. Everytime I've seen someone trip up its been in wanky flash boots like the ones I've selected. I don't really care all that much in all honesty. It seems to be more of a bone of contention than I initially thought, rather than some topic for non serious ren and stimpy gif based posts.  :lol:

The phrase "must win".  Never really relevant unless you're in relegation trouble with 3 games left.  If you don't win a game 5 games into the season then I'm pretty sure you could still turn things around no matter what your objectives, therefore it's not a "must win" game at all.

The phrase "must win".  Never really relevant unless you're in relegation trouble with 3 games left.  If you don't win a game 5 games into the season then I'm pretty sure you could still turn things around no matter what your objectives, therefore it's not a "must win" game at all.

Agreed lol :thup:

Pundits. The Soccer Saturday morons are going on about that Oscar goal and all think his obvious miscontrol but quick reaction was a deliberate act of genius. Much like Bergkamp's goal against us all those years ago which has been written in stone as genius when he didn't have a clue where it was going at first.

Tin hat on :lol: