Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

All this concussion business is pissing me off. We all know sports can be dangerous, but that's the risk you take when you go out there and play. Will Smith is in some movie about it, and it's irritating. They really need to stop all this pussyfying in sports.

Tell that to Junior Seau's family....

I don't like some of the rule changes in the NFL.  But the concussion protocol is a good thing.  It still isn't that safe, either.  I often see players who clearly have the symptoms, go back in for a play or two.  Or guys that come back early from one and then have to leave the field again in the next game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hate when players fall to the ground after a collision and then pick up the ball basically forcing the ref to give them a free kick. I wish a ref would give the foul the other way for intentional hand ball just once

• 2 weeks later...

Hate when players fall to the ground after a collision and then pick up the ball basically forcing the ref to give them a free kick. I wish a ref would give the foul the other way for intentional hand ball just once

Still remember this happening to Ginola when he was tripped and as he fell stopped the ball with both hands. Opponents got the FK.

Still remember this happening to Ginola when he was tripped and as he fell stopped the ball with both hands. Opponents got the FK.

Was that against Arsenal? He got properly shafted that night, ruined him imo.

I guess one of my pet hates (and I have a couple) is players with squad numbers that don't correspond with the position they play. I absolutely hate it and it's like it sends the universe out of kilter. I think I blame this for us not being as successful as maybe I'd have liked over the years (pre Ashley obviously as he is clearly the root cause now, but it still happens under his regime which in my OCD addled mind I think can't help our chances), maybe like a Feng Shui thing.

Guest palnese

Gini 5

Colo 2

Diaby 10

That slick dutch cunt defender at Chelsea wore 9.

Diaby 2

Gyan 3

Kanu 4

Bendtner 52

Loads and loads wearing daft numbers in Italy.

All of these. It started with Ruel Fox wearing number 5. I hated that so much. Anyone other than keepers wearing number 13 too. Makes me itchy. Hate keepers with 12 or 14 too. It's really that bad with me  :rant: :rant: :rant:

The Gini thing is worse because we actually signed a centre back too and yet he isn't wearing 5.

Colo wearing 2, he needs to "get in the sea", to quote a phrase I picked up from this forum.

Honourable mention to Gouffran as he shouldn't be wearing 11. It's a bloody left wingers number, a FIRST TEAM left wingers number, not a...a...what the hell ever Gouffran is meant to be.

ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Guest palnese

I feel you. Gouffran 11 is a good one.

Mitrovic/Viana/Balotelli 45. Cunts.

Out and out strikers like Kane wearing 10. 9 is your number, you prick.

Arsenal have no 9, yet Giroud wears 12. That makes me sick.

Yaya 42. Why? Is it his age? Fuck off.

All of these. It started with Ruel Fox wearing number 5. I hated that so much. Anyone other than keepers wearing number 13 too. Makes me itchy. Hate keepers with 12 or 14 too. It's really that bad with me  :rant: :rant: :rant:

The Gini thing is worse because we actually signed a centre back too and yet he isn't wearing 5.

Colo wearing 2, he needs to "get in the sea", to quote a phrase I picked up from this forum.

Honourable mention to Gouffran as he shouldn't be wearing 11. It's a bloody left wingers number, a FIRST TEAM left wingers number, not a...a...what the hell ever Gouffran is meant to be.

ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

5 is a playmaker's number in Europe so can see Gini being attracted to it.

See also Zidane at Real.

The Argentina 1978 World Cup squad was numbered alphabetically. That was annoying.

I've just checked that. Did the coach have two star players wanting the same number or something? I can't think of any other reason for doing it.

The Argentina 1978 World Cup squad was numbered alphabetically. That was annoying.

I've just checked that. Did the coach have two star players wanting the same number or something? I can't think of any other reason for doing it.

Apparently they did it 74 (outfield players) and 82 as well (except Maradona who swapped with No 10) and we did in 82 (except KK, who got No 7, and the keepers). No idea how that didn't rile me. Too young for the first and too drunk for the second, probably. Maybe to avoid arguments, as you say.