Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

When the pundits on MOTD just list a player's attributes as a way of describing them.

Hansen on Ross Barkley yesterday: He can go left or right and he's strong.

Insightful as fuck.

Jeff Stelling and soccer saturday...kinda getting on my tits now.

It's the constant screaming thats the thing........he's just done it when announcing the Everton goal.

unneccesary imo and getting really annoying.

far too excitable, too loud, too much shouting, too garbled....

All in all a real turn off.

Matt Le Tissier's the worst. On Saturday:

JS: 'And there's been a second goal at St Mary's'

MLT: 'YES!'

JS: 'but which way has it gone....'

Does it every week. Far worse than Phil Thompson ever was when covering Liverpool.

Guest firetotheworks

Hardly, tbh. We applaud ex-players and our own national treasures. It's only fair to applaud someone that made a tangeable, positive influence on society.

just remembered why I stopped watching the sunday suplement and goals on sunday (the latter I just record then whizz through), they are soooo obsessed by a certain handfull of clubs.

Only seem to talk about England, Man.Utd or Arsenal.

Watched it the last few weeks, but couldn't handle yesterdays show. Was waiting to hear them talk about Newcastle beating Man.Utd, but was just 5 minutes on Moyes.

Swiftly moved onto Arsenal from there.

Guest firetotheworks

Goals on Sunday is sometimes decent, but Sunday Supplement, as both of you have said is basically just the Man United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and England show. Even Man City don't really get a mention unless it's about frigging Joe Hart.

That brings me onto another point. Pantilimon (sp?) makes a save...cut to Joe Hart. Fuck off man. They're so desperate for him to make a mistake just so they can amp up their crusade to get Joe Hart starting again, even though he shouldn't.

Guest firetotheworks

Here's another one.

Someone makes a stupid, massive mistake. Then later on they do their job properly and the commentator will say that it's an outstanding piece of defending or save. It happened when Rob Green made that massive fuck up against the USA. Later on he made a standard save and Clive Tyldesley shouts "REDEMPTION!"

Shut up.

When everyone just copies the one chant.  It was "he scores when he wants".

Now seems Cum On Feel The Noize is going down that route.  Man Utd sang it, heard a version at the SoS today and now heard one at Swansea-Stoke.

Scores when he wants was proper shit as well. No he doesn't, fuck off.

Hardly, tbh. We applaud ex-players and our own national treasures. It's only fair to applaud someone that made a tangeable, positive influence on society.

Nah he was not to dow ith football at all.

Its getting beyond a joke.

Guest firetotheworks

Nah he was not to dow ith football at all.

Its getting beyond a joke.

I agree, but I don't think that Mandela is an example of it being beyond a joke. It's totally justifiable imo.

Press confusing players' release clauses with the transfer fee required to buy said player.

Also, and this is more of a pedantic thing, but I think there shouldn't be time added on at the end of a first half, because it technically means that the 46th, 47th and 48th minutes e.g. are played twice.

Press confusing players' release clauses with the transfer fee required to buy said player.

Also, and this is more of a pedantic thing, but I think there shouldn't be time added on at the end of a first half, because it technically means that the 46th, 47th and 48th minutes e.g. are played twice.

So you would add extra time on at the end of a match? Start the second half knowing that there will be, say three minutes extra minimum?