Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

How any number of pundits can't pronouce the Everton manager's name. Look over the "i" ffs. Martínez. Not Mártinez, you lazy bullshitters. And Andy Dunn for turning up on my TV again today. What a bellend.

Does that mean it's MartEEnez not MARtinez?

How any number of pundits can't pronouce the Everton manager's name. Look over the "i" ffs. Martínez. Not Mártinez, you lazy bullshitters. And Andy Dunn for turning up on my TV again today. What a bellend.

Does that mean it's MartEEnez not MARtinez?

Oh, yes.

Probably been mentioned many times before but when, on various TV shows like Goals on Sunday, we're referred to as Newcastle. No United. And Manure are constantly referred to as United. We are Newcastle United. It should be law that the full title is always used.

Probably been mentioned many times before but when, on various TV shows like Goals on Sunday, we're referred to as Newcastle. No United. And Manure are constantly referred to as United. We are Newcastle United. It should be law that the full title is always used.

ManU being referred to simply as "United", despite other clubs having as much or more claim to that title (us, Leeds), is a definite pet hate.

ManU being referred to simply as "United", despite other clubs having as much or more claim to that title (us, Leeds), is a definite pet hate.

Agreed with this. Think there's 14 other United's in the English leagues. Annoying how Man.Utd get referred to as the only one basically.

Yeah it doesn't bother me either the United thing. Only time it slightly irritates is when Sky or BBC etc are showing results and stuff and they don't bother putting anyone else's full name. Missing off the city, united, albion etc.

Guest firetotheworks

It's been said a few times before, but this obsession with everyone; the media, pundits and even fans with players being at clubs and being touted for bigger clubs. We've had it with a fair few of our players over the last few years, but I just saw this on the twitter part of the BBC feed:

"Perfect free-kick from Ross Barkley! Can Everton keep him long-term?"

"As a Manchester Utd fan I wonder why Moyes thought Fellaini was a better transfer target than Barkley?"

"Ross Barkley is a star in the making. Prodigious talent. England have a real player."

"Give Roberto Martinez three-four years more experience, maybe even less, and I'd take him at Arsenal after Arsene Wenger retires. Top manager!"

"I think Manchester United boss Moyes is chasing the wrong Everton full-back. Coleman would be a welcome sight in an Arsenal kit! Top player."

It pisses me right off. Everton have just moved into 4th ffs.

Guest firetotheworks

Don't understand why that annoys people so much tbh. We get referred to as "Newcastle" & "Leeds" because we're one-club cities, whereas with Manchester, you can't shorten it to "Manchester" for obvious reasons, so United & City get used.

That's not really right though. Within Manchester it's obviously always that way, but outside of Manchester United were United when City weren't in the same league, whereas the same rule of calling Man United just United (outside of the city) didn't apply to Sheffield United. They're always Sheff United, or The Blades.

The new page thing is annoying when you've typed out a long comment to something that you want people to reply to and then someone comes along and posts a :lol: or something to another post and boom, new page :)

You know no one is going to be arsed to go back to the previous page so your long well thought-out post is lost forever :)

The Premier League gets talked up far too much tbh. You're probably looking at half the league that some folk would describe as not good enough for it.

Related to this, the idea that no club is good enough to win the league. "Arsenal won't win the league because X." "City won't win the league because Y." Until all 20 teams have been ruled out.

At the end of the day, somebody's gotta win the damned thing. :lol:

Don't understand why that annoys people so much tbh. We get referred to as "Newcastle" & "Leeds" because we're one-club cities, whereas with Manchester, you can't shorten it to "Manchester" for obvious reasons, so United & City get used.

in those cases it doesn't bother me. however put anyone in my way who calls them "united" in a game against them and us or leeds utd or sheffield utd etc etc and I'll swing for the bugger. as you say, you can't shorten it to sonmething that means both "united" in this case.

I can see why ManU being referred to as United irritates, but I don't need us referred to as Newcastle United. I say I support Newcastle - there is only one, and it represents my city.

Football Pet hate at the minute...................Tim Sherwood, he's never managed a club at any level and he is now more or less demanding the Spurs job, he comes across so arrogant in interviews, thinks he's some sort of tactical mastermind because of his 50% win ratio.