Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

It's not something where I think it's a problem that needs a solution, I just find it annoying. Like, say if one team scores in the time added on before the break, then the other team scores at the start of the second half, that's two goals in the same minute that weren't scored in the same minute.

It's not something where I think it's a problem that needs a solution, I just find it annoying. Like, say if one team scores in the time added on before the break, then the other team scores at the start of the second half, that's two goals in the same minute that weren't scored in the same minute.

:lol: Doesn't the "45:00 + 2:04" annotation address this? Back in the day it would just have been the 45th minute even if it was the 48th or the 52nd or whatever. Things made sense back then :mick:

It's so that we don't have to have TV timeouts, and coaches timeouts for injuries and substitutions etc.

Although if the clock were public and was stopped by the referee for subs/injuries/auctions then it would make the last few minutes very different. No more not knowing Fergie time....but also no more more fans whistling and hoping for the final whistle

It's so that we don't have to have TV timeouts, and coaches timeouts for injuries and substitutions etc.

Although if the clock were public and was stopped by the referee for subs/injuries/auctions then it would make the last few minutes very different. No more not knowing Fergie time....but also no more more fans whistling and hoping for the final whistle

:dowie:

Might be Giggs, but at the match I get wound up by the tv's on the concourse at half time, showing highlights over and over about 19 times but from different angles. Even worse when there hasn't been much goalmouth action in the first half, looks like an insight to the editing process for a 'throw-in of the season' DVD ffs. Would rather they show any major highlights/controversies 2 or 3 times then stick Soccer Saturday on so I can see how my bets are doing.

Ba_JypuIIAAyT9H.jpg:large

Yep.

Good one. I used to get outraged as a kid at the dafty who'd cut about in a full Inter kit with 'Ronaldo' on the back. Might have been cool were it not in the official SPL numbering. Might as well have had McSwegan or Boyd on it, the outrageous fraud.

Players getting fouled then sitting on the ground for a while, looking at the ref with an "oh come on, you have to book him now, right?" expression on their face.

this and the multiple rolls they take when if you were really injured the last thing you'd want to do is move that much.

Fucking cheats.