Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Players who walk away from the ref when he's clearly calling them back. I'd send the b******s off every time. Disrespectful pricks.

Rafael did it the other day. I was shaking with rage.

Players have no obligation to go to a referee - for whatever reason the ref deems it desirable.  However, one would think a player would be walking on thin ice for future decisions, if he had walked away from a ref previously.

What? Don't the players have to do what the referee says?

Yep, players don't actually have to go to the ref, the rules are bit vague around this. A player just has to acknowledge he's recieved whatever punishment the ref has given out, ignoring the ref can be a bookable offence though.

Just put into the rules properly like it is in Rugby. Then that's solves it.

Correct, but failing to acknowledge could also be Dissent (and a second yellow) if the player really wants to push the issue. That's really all the options the referee has. Of course they can hold a grudge through the rest of the game and give the player not protection and no leeway, but that would have the effect of boiling up the game and escalating fouls.

Second yellow is the only option if they are being a total scote.

Guest bimpy474

Players who walk away from the ref when he's clearly calling them back. I'd send the b******s off every time. Disrespectful pricks.

Rafael did it the other day. I was shaking with rage.

Players have no obligation to go to a referee - for whatever reason the ref deems it desirable.  However, one would think a player would be walking on thin ice for future decisions, if he had walked away from a ref previously.

What? Don't the players have to do what the referee says?

Yep, players don't actually have to go to the ref, the rules are bit vague around this. A player just has to acknowledge he's recieved whatever punishment the ref has given out, ignoring the ref can be a bookable offence though.

Just put into the rules properly like it is in Rugby. Then that's solves it.

Correct, but failing to acknowledge could also be Dissent (and a second yellow) if the player really wants to push the issue. That's really all the options the referee has. Of course they can hold a grudge through the rest of the game and give the player not protection and no leeway, but that would have the effect of boiling up the game and escalating fouls.

Aye, tis why i said it in that comment. If you missed it like ;)

Actually found it has got a better this season from the players, but the parents, jesus they are just simply arseholes.

:D I saw it.  (just gave it it's proper name ;)  )

I liked how you handled the parents with the double touch on the penalty.....look it up and get back to me.  At which point the answer was ..... you were right......, but now you are a c*** who was right.  Hahahahahahh    that's the life of a referee.

Guest bimpy474

:D I saw it.  (just gave it it's proper name ;)  )

I liked how you handled the parents with the double touch on the penalty.....look it up and get back to me.  At which point the answer was ..... you were right......, but now you are a c*** who was right.  Hahahahahahh    that's the life of a referee.

:lol: fair enough

I wasn't trying to be smug or anything with the parents, just wanted to show i got the rules correct. Unfortunately where i am there are certain teams from certain areas where the parents are a nightmare. While the kids are ok, as they get older they start to reflect how their parents behaved. It can get a bit naughty then. It's such a sad and ridiculous situation.

Don't think you realise how sh*t international breaks are until they come around. So boring

I feel a bit for the journalists. Until the match day they have to write stories on the back of a clichéd press conference from someone like Frank Lampard. The main story the next day will be about someone sitting out a training session!

football clubs whose kits take on the colours of their sponsors. Usually away kits.

Selling your soul!

See Stoke City and that Spanish 3rd division side.  Im sure there are a few more.

Probably already been done but "friendship" shirts or scarfs, I mean really, I saw loads of Celtic Barca ones at that game in crowd, ffs why? It's like desperately trying to suck up to the cool kid who wanders past you at school for 10 minutes and then telling all your mates how he said you were a cool dude.

Probably already been done but "friendship" shirts or scarfs, I mean really, I saw loads of Celtic Barca ones at that game in crowd, ffs why? It's like desperately trying to suck up to the cool kid who wanders past you at school for 10 minutes and then telling all your mates how he said you were a cool dude.

kinda agree but depends on the standing of the club in question. I'm not bothered when a small club down the divisions or in a weak league and needing cash would sell those kind of scarfs if playing a prem side in a friendly but Celtic should be better than that.

Probably been said loads but stupid f***ing sci-fi studios with lots of lights and random crap. What's wrong with just a normal f***ing room.

I sincerely hope the little pitch BT have introduced doesn't catch on. It was so homoerotic on MOTD the week after when they got all reactionary and Shearer had to demonstrate how to defend a corner.