Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

The "Romance of the FA Cup" utterly despise that phrase and the 3rd round in general and ITV's coverage of it in particular

yeah I'd like to reestablish this to any kind of coverage of the fa cup at all by anybody and the ridiculousness of it all.

I love the 3rd round of the FA cup and the drama, coverage and everything it brings with it. Just a shame were so shit at it.

The "Romance of the FA Cup" utterly despise that phrase and the 3rd round in general and ITV's coverage of it in particular

yeah I'd like to reestablish this to any kind of coverage of the fa cup at all by anybody and the ridiculousness of it all.

I love the 3rd round of the FA cup and the drama, coverage and everything it brings with it. Just a shame were so shit at it.

yeah those things are nice for me in theory but the overall sanctimoniousness of it all drives me insane, overall I don't actually like watching the FA cup and lose almost all interest in it once we're out. I honestly find the League Cup more interesting to watch.

The sweeping generalisation that all David Moyes needs is time to succeed at Man U.

Sir Alex Ferguson was one of a kind - he's not the benchmark for which all managers should be measured against.

The sweeping generalisation that all David Moyes needs is time to succeed at Man U.

Sir Alex Ferguson was one of a kind - he's not the benchmark for which all managers should be measured against.

maybe but considering the garbage squad (by man utd standards) he's been left he does need time. Fergie's legacy is a side with only 2 players who really scare anyone in RVP and Rooney and 1 of thems constantly broken and the other only has 18 months on his contract and doesn't seem in a hurry to sign a new one. Creaking ageing defense with the replacements brought in not up to those standards (I still maintain Jones is never a cb) a complete lack of any kind of midfield worth a damn at that level. Sure he's made mistakes but what would sacking him now achieve but a big hole in the finances with the payoff? Won't change the fact the squads not great (again for that level).

Also one of my pet hates over recent years especially is the constant refrain that a new manager will solve absolutely everything wrong with the club and get a side winning and playing better football without anything being done to address the fundamental problems that the clubs have beyond the superficial with the manager. Its a common refrain from whatever teams lost this week on phone ins and obviously they look for that kind of loud mouth but doesn't stop annoying me.

I fucking hate how Iain Dowie starts a new sentence before he finishes the one he's currently spewing out.

'Some times it happens you can't...then you get key players, out'

What happens then Iain you thick twat?

Good Lord, Brendan Rodgers, Liverpool, Carragher and Sky Sports all deserve to be in here today. All for dreadful hypocrisy. Rodgers is happy with handballs and diving, they'll all take that, it's a Spanish penalty :lol:, 5-3 is great TV, attacking football and lots of goals are great, except when we won scoring lots of goals, when they thought it was naïve defending and we deserved to lose. I can remember this, it happened. :rant:

I should have a lie-down now. :)

Guest snoopythewriter

Inconsistent refereeing. Either find more intelligent people to become referees, or change the rules to make it more simple for existing referees to understand.

Big team bias in order to prevent the tarnishing of 'the greatest league in the world'. Those who don't believe this goes on are fools. It's blatantly obvious from the FA all the way to the broadcasters. Pre-match today, it was like we didn't even exist. We were more of an inconvenience. God forbid a small team be successful in this league. But that's the thing. Imagine a small team DID win the league? Imagine Swansea became champions. The little club that could. Would that not get the interest in the game up to another level. A small-time club beating the big boys. Never would happen though.

Big team fans thinking they get decisions against them. Have you seen the Manchester City forums today?

Diving and cheating players. Do they even realise how stupid they look rolling around on the grass after barely being touched. You're paid millions per year to stay on your feet and score goals. Not attempt to outdo each other in the 'best belly flop' category.

Seriously, following this sport is not fun any more. The heart has been ripped from it.

• 2 weeks later...

Mentioned in the Other Games thread, but the away goals rule in the League Cup. Should either apply after 90 minutes or not at all and go straight to penalties. Don't see how it's fair how one team get an extra 30 minutes to score the away goal like Sunderland had. First time I noticed this was when Spurs knocked Burnley out the same way a few years ago.