Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

"EPL"

All those times people have mistaken the Premier League for those hotbeds of football that are:

Airtricity Premier League (Republic of Ireland)

Armenian Premier League

Belarusian Premier League

Bengal Premier League Soccer

Premier League of Bosnia and Herzegovina

Ghana Premier League

Hong Kong Premier League

Indonesian Premier League

Liga Primer Indonesia

Iran Pro League

Irish Premier League (Northern Ireland)

Israeli Premier League

Kazakhstan Premier League

Kuwaiti Premier League

Malaysia Premier League

Maltese Premier League

National Premier League (Jamaica)

National Premier Leagues (Australia)

Nigeria Premier League

Pakistan Premier League

Premier Soccer League (South Africa)

Russian Premier League

Saudi Premier League

Scottish Premier League

Scottish Premiership

Sri Lanka Football Premier League

Thai Premier League

Ukrainian Premier League

Lazy brain-dead clichés such as "anywhere else on the pitch that would have been a free-kick" and "if it's not a penalty it must be a dive!" This must stop. Yes, I'm watching Sky Sports pundits doing their analysis, and I should know better.

Really obvious leading questions that can only have one possible answer

For example, Football Focus were following some Man City players to a Children's Hospital and they asked David Silva (whilst sitting in a ward beside seriously ill children) if he felt lucky to be able to play football at the highest level  :rolleyes:

Really obvious leading questions that can only have one possible answer

For example, Football Focus were following some Man City players to a Children's Hospital and they asked David Silva (whilst sitting in a ward beside seriously ill children) if he felt lucky to be able to play football at the highest level  :rolleyes:

So much of this in sports journalism. "How does it feel to win your first England cap?" Ah you know I'm fucking gutted.

The "Romance of the FA Cup" utterly despise that phrase and the 3rd round in general and ITV's coverage of it in particular

yeah I'd like to reestablish this to any kind of coverage of the fa cup at all by anybody and the ridiculousness of it all.

When you're watching a live game, and they cut to another team walking into the stadium.

:thup:

Couldn't care less about what Suarez is wearing when he comes to the stadium, I'm here to watch a game ffs.

Guest chopey

Still those pink balls for me ..........................The FA cup is loosing popularity, managers play weekend teams, gates are half what they are for league games , what should we do ?.........................Pink footballs!!!!! that'll get the punters rolling in.