England-Spain

Yorkie

Gareth barry looked pretty solid when he was on...(another one who "slipped through the net").

Wright philips was a thorn in their side all night.

The real masterclass was given by Xavi in their midfield, didn't give a pass away all night and was involved in EVERYTHING...think Glenn needs to go out and look at him (couple of times at least- just to make sure...)

Crouch has his faults, but at the moment are there better options for the advanced striker position? Defoe? Bent? I also agreed with Lawrenson that he was getting penalised unfairly tonight.

Rooney is a withdrawn striker and it's a waste to play him further forward. Basically tonight Dyer showed that he's a more than capable understudy to Rooney in that role.

There were a few times when the ball just didn't fall right for us in the box, and we were a bit unlucky to lose. I'm a bit worried about McLaren's judgement though. With all the pressure on England managers, there's a bit of a tendency for them to pick players who the pundits and the press are shouting for at the moment, but who aren't really international class. Normally that effects the manager after a while in the job, but it seems to have happened early with McLaren.

Against Croatia, it was Parker. Tonight, it was Barry in midfield. If he's worth a place at all at the level, it's got to be in defence. Does he really have to pick him to find that out?

I can be very frustrated at Crouch. Why on earth is he using his arms when he jumps?! He´s tall enough to win the longballs.

Again Frustrated by the lacking of goal, as I am with Newcastle.

England under McClaren = Newcastle under Roeder

Why do we bother? :lol:

Hope Richards gets in ahead of Neville from now on, like a breath of fresh air.

Crouch needs to bulk himself up as he hopes rather than believes he'll win the ball in the air. All his flicks and tricks piss me off too, just fucking get it down and play it, takes an age to get it under.

Dyer looked lively, made some excellent runs. Ferdinand was like a rock, deserved MOTM.

Villa is a class act aswell, a cut above atm

Dyer was back to his old self. Good movement and running, dire end product. Frustrating, because hes got the ability to be a good player at that level, hes just extremely hesitent when he gets the chance to do something and lacks composure.

Maybe he was just nervous...

Villa is a class act aswell, a cut above atm

Brilliant little player. Hopefully, our one wont be too far off that level if he continues to improve (talking about Newcastle, ie Martins).

Hopefully, Villa does have it all though. His game isn't particularly based around anything like Martins' pace. The best thing about Villa imo is his brilliant football brain, can pick team mates out of nowhere like in the first half when he was running backwards, half swivelled and whipped out to the right wing. Anyone else would have punted it back to the keeper.

I really enjoy watching him. Hope he moves to Barca or Madrid so he's on every week.

anyone can have a great passing range when they are allowed 10 seconds on the ball, different story when two players are breathing down your neck. I thought he was the worst player on the pitch tonight!

Second that.... overated!!!

anyone can have a great passing range when they are allowed 10 seconds on the ball, different story when two players are breathing down your neck. I thought he was the worst player on the pitch tonight!

Second that.... overated!!!

Keyword for most of Englands players..

Once again I kept a close eye on Carrick. And once again I ask myself this- what's so special about him? Ok so we know that he has great passing range and good positioning. But what else does he offer?

Overrated.

His passing ability is pretty overrated too. Hes definately a good passer, but not much more than that. Several of the Spanish players tonight were alot superior in their passing, they were spreading passes nonchalantly that Carrick would need time and a small run up to play.

Decent player in his own right, and a good player for ManU beause theyve always wanted/needed that type of player for their system (hence the reason for spending so much on Veron), but im glad the Carrick wankfest is now well and truly over.

Guest kingdawson

Thought that Ferdinand and Woodgate were superb, Dyer was good too. The rest of them were f****** s****.

:o :o. Woodgate was far from superb. Did you see how easily he got beaten for the goal and how he continuously kept backing of from the spanish front men. He's performane was poor.

How did Dyer do?

Sorry if posted, can't be arsed to look through the thread...

Hehe, it might be worth a look through the thread as it seems to be unanimous that he was either England's best player, or second best behind Ferdinand in an otherwise tepid display...