Why do we need to add striker?

juniatmoko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I keep asking myself why a lot newcastle fans always demanding adding new striker (which is many post said about Ashton). Do we not realize that Dyer is the striker that we just need. Dyer pace could balance with Martin pace. As i see that Dyer was gifted speedy player. We already got for striker position is Martin, Dyer, Le Sib, Shola, Owen. so why we still need striker more? I know Owen & Shola both injured but i think what we got for this rest of season is dependable... 3 in that position... i just wish this 3 left won't injured. But at another season Owen & Shola will be back again... do we will add the 6th striker? from what i think Dyer should be striker... and he should be there for the rest of his career. So give your opinion about this....

I reckon we will need a striker in the summer, someone young and with potential and patience.I think martins and oba will be on fire but we'll need decent back up.

In my opinion dyer is effective up front but owen and martins could get at least 30 goals between them next term.

We could do with a tall striker (maybe Dean Ashton in the summer after West Ham go down?) but it isn't priority number one IMO.  Some people are constantly wanting to sign strikers when its fairly clear that a left back, a right back, a defensive midfielder and possibly even another centre-half are a bigger priority. 

I reckon we will need a striker in the summer, someone young and with potential and patience.I think martins and oba will be on fire but we'll need decent back up.

In my opinion dyer is effective up front but owen and martins could get at least 30 goals between them next term.

I'm sure it won't be hard for Oba to be on fire if Martins is...

We could do with a tall striker (maybe Dean Ashton in the summer after West Ham go down?) but it isn't priority number one IMO.  Some people are constantly wanting to sign strikers when its fairly clear that a left back, a right back, a defensive midfielder and possibly even another centre-half are a bigger priority. 

Agree 100%

don't want Ashton, just seems far too injury prone

I'm sure it won't be hard for Oba to be on fire if Martins is...

hehe

Depends on how you look at it.

On paper, well have Martins, Owen, Ameobi, and Dyer.

In reality, Owen and Dyer are, and have proven to be, crocks, whilst Ameobi is regularly shiite, even though he can score "frequently" if hes given a constant run in the team. Which only leaves Martins. We also have another "forward" on the books, one who isnt doing anything for the club on the pitch, in Luque, so when he goes we do have space to bring someone in.

One more body would be an important addition for me, because it leaves us safe if certain situations happen, situations which are certainly possible - injuries, players wanting out - and it also ensures someone like Ameobi doesnt get shedloads of games when hes too poor to be playing every week.

I think we mostly need someone to do the job Dyer is doing, but a forward who is better at it and is a much bigger goal threat. A Gudjohnsen/Tevez/Villa type forward would bring the best out of this team imo (obviously those players are probably way out of our league, Villa certainly is), because theyd be able to partner the likes of Owen/Martins and get the best out of them, whilst linking up with the team and pulling the strings.

Bringing a big guy in would merely see us pumping more long balls up, a style of play that would be detrimental to Martins/Owen because theyre not the types of forward to be chasing flick ons all day long. They want the ball at feet, whether its through balls or played into them so they work with it. Martins looks a different player entirely purely because hes not having to run around chasing flicks on from Sibierski.

Depends on how you look at it.

On paper, well have Martins, Owen, Ameobi, and Dyer.

In reality, Owen and Dyer are, and have proven to be, crocks, whilst Ameobi is regularly shiite, even though he can score "frequently" if hes given a constant run in the team. Which only leaves Martins. We also have another "forward" on the books, one who isnt doing anything for the club on the pitch, in Luque, so when he goes we do have space to bring someone in.

One more body would be an important addition for me, because it leaves us safe if certain situations happen, situations which are certainly possible - injuries, players wanting out - and it also ensures someone like Ameobi doesnt get shedloads of games when hes too poor to be playing every week.

I think we mostly need someone to do the job Dyer is doing, but a forward who is better at it and is a much bigger goal threat. A Gudjohnsen/Tevez/Villa type forward would bring the best out of this team imo (obviously those players are probably way out of our league, Villa certainly is), because theyd be able to partner the likes of Owen/Martins and get the best out of them, whilst linking up with the team and pulling the strings.

Bringing a big guy in would merely see us pumping more long balls up, a style of play that would be detrimental to Martins/Owen because theyre not the types of forward to be chasing flick ons all day long. They want the ball at feet, whether its through balls or played into them so they work with it. Martins looks a different player entirely purely because hes not having to run around chasing flicks on from Sibierski.

Agree... on bringing Dyer striker type because Dyer injury history ... but Villa & Tevez??? :lol: how much they cost us? good shout at Gudjohnsen... but worried at his wages... as we know ex. Chelsea player... i.e. Duff ... high wages :rolleyes:

We already have Sibreski,Martins,Owen,Ameobi,Dyer,And Luque (Does he count?)

If they are all fit they are going to give Roeder some selection headache (Besides Luque)

i think it will be nice to see Owen-Martins playing side by side,with Shola and Sib as back-ups

If we do need to change thing,i think it will be good to sell Shola,And Luque (Unless Roeder plays him,and he finds his form,Both won't happen),and buy a player like Jan Koller,a giant who can score with both head and feet

Owen, Martins, Ameobi  they are our strikers

Dyer can play up front too, but is as much a midfielder

Sibierski, should be nothing more than a stop-gap. If we are going to improve next season, and if we are going to challenge for a Champs league spot (why not - Bolton are this season) then we need 4 top strikers, Sib isnt one, and unfortunately, i dont think Dyer is one either.

Dyer is no good as a striker. He can fill in, but he's not going to do it medium/long term.

Martins will hopefully show consistency.

Owen is genuine class.

Ameobi is utter, utter w***. Utter w***.

If Owen stays, we need a striker asap. If he doesn't, we need 2.

Agree with most of that.

we could do with a young striker with promise who won't mind spending vast periods of time on the bench. assuming Martins - Owen are the first  choice, we then have the tall, powerful, awkward option in Ameobi and the pacy impact player in Dyer, so to round off the collection we would need a playmaking forward, a Beardsley type. not sure who fits that mould, probably more likely to be a foreigner.

Guest Knightrider

We need two strikers because outside of Martins neither Ameobi, Owen or anyone else we could deploy up front (Dyer, Sibbers et al) just can't be relied on for one reason or another, where as Carroll is too young at the moment.