We can win the UEFA Cup

James

I see nothing to fear in the Uefa Cup tbh. With just a normal amount of luck any team needs to do well I think we can make an impression in this competition.

I agree. I don't think we will win, but it certainly isn't out of the question, and there aren't any teams I really fear left in the competition. My guess would be we'll be knocked out in the quarters/semis, but I'd love to see us go on and win it.

Guest Knightrider

Of course we CAN win it, but we wont. This is NUFC people, get rid of those daft ideas.

Have more faith. We have a chance now.

We do but how many chances have we had to win something only to blow it? I refuse to believe and have resigned myself to us never winning owt in my lifetime, although there will always remain a part of me that does believe or hopes anyway. We'll see, would be nice like.

unfortunately more of a dream than reality currently seeing as we have still got the potential of some quality opposition

i mean next round will show are steel definitely we struggled against fenerbache last time out really they looked the better side althoug we did have a reserve team out so that should be a good game whether fenerbahce or az theyre a good team too.

and then you have to look at other teams such as benfica, cska moscow, WERDER BREMEN, bayer leverkusen, Bordeaux, PSG, Sevilla and Espanyol. Out of them teams there are many very hard games although i can see glenn masterminding a fantastic run in this competition as he has done so far this season in this particular competition we have been untouchable so far without a doubt, and considering we have had many squad members missing regularly this is the most surprising thing

the only downer for me is that gooch is cup tied so that may be our final downfall the fact that we do not have strength in depth at the back.

Of the three times we've been in the UEFA Cup in recent years (03/04, 04/05, 06/07), this is the one where we've got the least chance. The teams taking part are far, far better and widespread.

If we beat Alkmaar, though...

Ideally, i'd have liked us to beat Sporting Lisbon in the final.

Or Partizan Belgrade.

Or...

I just want us to win it. I crave us to win this competition after the last two debarcles. Think i want it more than any other competition at the moment...

Of the three times we've been in the UEFA Cup in recent years (03/04, 04/05, 06/07), this is the one where we've got the least chance. The teams taking part are far, far better and widespread.

If we beat Alkmaar, though...

Sometimes when you expect something least...thats when it happens O0

we all just want a trophy dont we?

and this is the only trophy we can possibly win now this year so i think we can possibly do it although we will need ample amounts of luck along the way

Guest BillyRay Valentine

i fully believe we've got the players to do it, more of a question of belief and that never say attitude a la man yoo 1999

Of course we can win the cup.  May need a bit of luck at the end, but if boro can get to the final - and they were worse than we are, we can win it.

This year the teams in the UEFA Cup are alot stronger then last year

Boro beat Steaua last year in the semifinals so...

if we were to win it, how huge would the celebration be?  serious question, like.  would all people in newcastle be sincerely overjoyed or what?  wondering if i should arrange to pop over the pond should we make it to the final.

Guest Geordiecunny

It's a thought that makes it bearable to get up in the morning and it's true- We Can. But stop for a moment. What would you actually DO if Newcastle won a trophy? I wouldn't have a clue. What would happen? People would have nothing to moan about, what would the streets of Newcastle be like? It sends shivers down the spine.

Guest Geordiecunny

If we get there, no matter if I can get a ticket or not, I'm going to Glasgow. Could you imagine the night of the open-top bus, the street parties, fuck Rio- this would go on for days- weeks even.