SJP Statues For Wor Jackie And Big Al

NUFC06

The Shearer statue will have a mechanised arm that will raise in Shearers iconic salute. Of course there will be a charge for this, with the club undecided on what to reasonably charge.

Can anyone go into the museum?  or u gotta be on the tour of the stadiumm thing to be allowed in?

The museum, which is accessible through the café, will be open from 9.30am-4pm Monday to Saturday, and between 11am-4pm on Sundays. (Times may vary on matchdays).

Admission is £4 for adults and £2 concessions. Initially tickets can only be purchased over the counter either from the Box Office or Café @ St James'.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/MuseumDetail/0,,10278~781743,00.html

Guest Knightrider

Daft this. I don't mind him having a statue as he deserves one, but wait until he's dead. As for Wor Jackie's, what's the point in having two, for me the original is the only one, another would just seem like a false token gesture.

Anyway I reckon the club should dot statures of all our former greats all-around SJP, have them line the paths, the Gallachers, the Milburns, the Harveys, the Len Whites and other greats.

Have to say I dont like the fact they have the Shearer 1 finger salute it should be the more traditional, full out-streched hand with the little finger out slightly further ie:

http://www.welshartsarchive.org.uk/galleries/images/ian_simmons/shearer.jpg

Daft this. I don't mind him having a statue as he deserves one, but wait until he's dead. As for Wor Jackie's, what's the point in having two, for me the original is the only one, another would just seem like a false token gesture.

Anyway I reckon the club should dot statures of all our former greats all-around SJP, have them line the paths, the Gallachers, the Milburns, the Harveys, the Len Whites and other greats.

Hear Hear.

Guest elbee909

Hear Hear.

Bloody right too.  Keegan deserves something surely, at some point?

Have to say I dont like the fact they have the Shearer 1 finger salute it should be the more traditional, full out-streched hand with the little finger out slightly further ie:

http://www.welshartsarchive.org.uk/galleries/images/ian_simmons/shearer.jpg

he's not celebrating in this one he is asking for milburn to pass it to him, though i bet milburn is in a better position to score, selfish shearer tbh.

Why t5he f*** is Shearer being 'honoured'?

For f*** sake! He brought f*** all in the way of silverware to the Club - in latter years actually held us back.

Shows just how much Shepherd is out of touch.

you are fucking joking? Where would we be without his goals?!?!? Someone please work that out....... get a fuckin grip man.

He's only just stopped playing, he's a current media pundit, he'll probably be your manager relatively soon, all reasons why having a statue of him seems a bit, well, odd.

I also think the "no silverware" point mentioned above has some validity, although I can see both sides of the argument.

I also think the "no silverware" point mentioned above has some validity

So our all time record goal scorer and one of our greatest ever players shouldn't get a statue because he didn't win anything here?!

As others have said it's too soon, but to say he shouldn't get one is just bollocks.

So our all time record goal scorer and one of our greatest ever players shouldn't get a statue because he didn't win anything here?!

As others have said it's too soon, but to say he shouldn't get one is just bollocks.

I'm not saying that, I'm saying that i can see the argument for it.

This is what other fans will say: "Anfield? Shankly statue. What did he win? Leagues, European trophies, and he's dead. Leeds? Billy Bremner statue. What did he win there? Leagues, cups, European trophies, and he's dead. Old Trafford? Matt Busby statue. What did he win there? Leagues, cups, European Cup, and he's dead. Newcastle? Alan Shearer statue. What did he win there? Nothing. And he's on Match of the Day most weeks, and will probably end up walking past his statue on his way in to work every day".

I'm not saying it is right, but that is how it will be perceived, and that is how it will be used against you.

As you said, at least wait till he is dead. Then honour him.

I'm not saying that, I'm saying that i can see the argument for it.

This is what other fans will say: "Anfield? Shankly statue. What did he win? Leagues, European trophies, and he's dead. Leeds? Billy Bremner statue. What did he win there? Leagues, cups, European trophies, and he's dead. Old Trafford? Matt Busby statue. What did he win there? Leagues, cups, European Cup, and he's dead. Newcastle? Alan Shearer statue. What did he win there? Nothing. And he's on Match of the Day most weeks, and will probably end up walking past his statue on his way in to work every day".

not quite, the newcastle's equivalent would actually be jackie milburn who won the FA Cup 3 times for us and is also dead. there's a statue of him outside the ground.

i don't think it is a great idea to wait till someone is dead before honouring them, i think it's really better to do when they are alive. i would though suggest a period of time to reflect upon their achievements to be able to judge them more objectively. ipswich town did this, waiting till just a couple of years ago to put up a statue of Bobby Robson, who is alive to see it stand.

i also think it is not a good idea on the basis that shearer will end up being manager of us some day, what a milstone not only for him but for us.

i see where you are coming from tho brummie.