Really am getting sick of football now

Slim

Apparently the governing bodies want to add more to the list of 'over-enthusiatic celebrations' that can see players booked.

It's a strange argument, because whilst I think players should be do whatever they like (within reason) in such a moment of emotion, this is actually attempting to revert to the simple hand-shake or whatever from years ago.

as long as no one dies and its kept to under 25 minutes, it should be allowed. and players have to cover all pyrotechnic and equipment costs themselves.

Rediculous.

Cautioned and banned for celebrating. It really is absolute tosh.

There's players out there every game kicking the shit out of each other, diving, constant racism that never seems to go away, problems in the stands, spitting, etc etc etc..... and FIFA have 'Goal Celebrations' as one of their priorities.

Fucking stupid.

Well if the crazy laws do get put in, after scoring a goal on the first weekend of the league, a whole home team should just run into the stands and hang around in there for 20 seconds. That would be funny.

I love Obafemi Martins' celebrations, not just the flips, but the fact he always does that mega-pumped up thing to the crowd when he finishes the flip. His celebration against Spurs away was the best. No flips, no bollocks, just look like you're fucking mega fired up, get on with the game, set Nicky Butt up for the winner then you can piss about. Class, love that kid.

Hilarious a few weeks ago when Everton equalised late on and Johnson went to celebrate at the corner flag, and Moyes went fucking mental and ran down to tell them to kick off again. :lol:

The Martins goal/celebration in the Tottenham away game is just one of my favourite all-time 'bits'. Crazy, i know, it's nothing too special, but i just love the whole moment. 2-1 down going nowhere. Striker running away from goal and belts that rocket in. Celebration of true grit and determination.

Just loved it.

Guest Stephen927

It's getting ridiculous, footballers aren't robots.

Celebrations like putting your shirt over your head were part and parcel of the game but it's now been classed as a bookable offence. The game is losing its character.

I don't like the finger to lips thing or the cupping of the ears but the crackdown is silly. Like Rosicky's booking the other day was daft, he briefly celebrated with his own fans! Worlds gone mad, alright Cahills boxing the flag is a bit daft but its harmless enough!

Guest Jangles

The people in charge seem determined to turn the sport into a noncontact, emotionless sport:

Fifa have instructed refs to:

-crack down on dangerous tackles (understandable)

-give the benefit of the doubt to the attacking player thereby encouraging diving

-penalise extravagent goal celebrations

Clubs seem determined to:

- price out real supporters

- stamp out any form of atmosphere inside stadiums

Players seem more concerned about their haircuts than getting their boots dirty.

I think abouts about time we formed a break away sport (Football Union?). We simplify the rules (none of this active/non active offside bollocks), give the refs more respect (sin bins?), allow tackling (sure we'd all rather see a crunching tackle than an Henry'esque dive) and let fans stand and sing at matches

That baby rocking, Bebeto style celebration should be a red card offence. And Corradi's (rare, thankfully) ones for Man City are cringeworthy.

is corradi the one that done that street fighter thingy, hyurgen!!! lol

That baby rocking, Bebeto style celebration should be a red card offence. And Corradi's (rare, thankfully) ones for Man City are cringeworthy.

yeah, the energy/fire ball shooting thing with Sun Jihai :D

yeah, the energy/fire ball shooting thing with Sun Jihai :D

yeah it was awful, couldnt help but laugh though!