St James' Park

Delima

Happy for us to be involved with Branson and Virgin and like its been said before i hope he catchs the bug and wants to buy us completely!

Would people be happier Branson using us as a marketing tool for Virgin money and apposed to FMA and Sports Direct? The principle is the same...

I wouldn't be happy with Branson buying NUFC as I doubt he'd own it for very long at all. His record seems to be, buy a company, keep it for a couple of years then sell the company. He made a big deal of getting into Formula 1. He bought a team, ran it on a low budget and then sold it after two years. The team were bottom of the constructors championship for those two years. I don't understand why Branson is viewed by a lot of people as some sort of benevolent man where everything he touches turns to gold. I'll be happy if Virgin Money pay sponsorship money to NUFC but I don't view Branson as some sort of Willy Wonka character like some people seem to.

By the way, Richard Branson won't have a day to day involvement in Virgin Money. He's more of a figure head for the Virgin brand name.

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/5005/nufcvirg.jpg

From the other thread.

Think this would be an alright strip.

Wouldn't mind if we saw this tonight. Though for some reason, I'll miss have Northern Rock on our strips :laugh:

Happy for us to be involved with Branson and Virgin and like its been said before i hope he catchs the bug and wants to buy us completely!

Would people be happier Branson using us as a marketing tool for Virgin money and apposed to FMA and Sports Direct? The principle is the same...

I wouldn't be happy with Branson buying NUFC as I doubt he'd own it for very long at all. His record seems to be, buy a company, keep it for a couple of years then sell the company. He made a big deal of getting into Formula 1. He bought a team, ran it on a low budget and then sold it after two years. The team were bottom of the constructors championship for those two years. I don't understand why Branson is viewed by a lot of people as some sort of benevolent man where everything he touches turns to gold. I'll be happy if Virgin Money pay sponsorship money to NUFC but I don't view Branson as some sort of Willy Wonka character like some people seem to.

because he's very good in the media. (like alan sugar and kirstie allsopp, people think they are very good at their supposed profession because they are on the box talking about it without thinking that those making the progs want someone that fits the purpose for the prog as opposed to the best at the chosen business......even our governments are shallow enough to fall for it)

Guest Geordiesned

@virginmoney:

We're really pleased to confirm that Virgin Money has signed a new 2 year shirt sponsorship deal with Newcastle United #NUFC ^AS

BBC Radio Newcastle wondered if NUFC fans would have a problem with the Red and White on the shirt! We aren't that pathetic. We leave the boycotting of 'Sugar Puffs' and the like to the Mackems. Also, we used to have Red numbers on the back of the shirt without any complaints.

Guest VaVaVoom

So if Northern rock was 10mil for 4 years youd have to imagine it would be 5mil for 2 years?

5mil more in the transfer kitty? Or wishfull thinking.

because he's very good in the media. (like alan sugar and kirstie allsopp, people think they are very good at their supposed profession because they are on the box talking about it without thinking that those making the progs want someone that fits the purpose for the prog as opposed to the best at the chosen business......even our governments are shallow enough to fall for it)

You're right there. He does a lot of talking to make himself look good. I remember when he said he'd 'save' Concorde after British Airways said they were going to stop flying them as they were too expensive. What Branson didn't say in the media was that he offered to buy the Concorde planes off BA (Virgin Atlantic's hated rival) for £1.

Can't imagine us getting much more than we were already receiving (which was already Championship level), so a big fail by the club there.

I too hold people accountable for things I imagine they've come up short on.

Can't imagine us getting much more than we were already receiving (which was already Championship level), so a big fail by the club there.

Why not?

Because we are still being sponsored by the same company, just different owners, and they aren't exactly wealthy.