St James' Park

Delima

I just find the reaction of the fans regarding this trivial matter quite sad really.  Don't people have more important things to worry about?

i can worry about a couple of things at once, this is one of them. ta

So you are not worried about Argentina's stance over the Falkland Islands and another possible invasion of the islands, which we cannot allow, the way Syria is bombing and killing its own people in order to prop up a despotic dictatorship, Iran developing nuclear weapons which could very well lead to a nuclear holocaust in the middle east, as Israel are sabre rattling as I write this.  Our soldiers being killed or maimed by the Taliban in Afghanistan, then there are the austerity measures imposed by the current government, the state of the Euro, and in particular Greece ( dont overlook the fact that if you plan on going to Greece for your hols this summer, you wont be able to use a credit card to pay for meals etc.  Its cash only!).  If none of this causes you the slightest moment of concern all I can say is you live a very insular life or you have found a very comfortable hole in the sand!

Why are you so worked up about what people think of the renaming?  Is it really that important to you?  In the time you spent writing those 165 words you could have tried thinking of a cure for cancer.

Wish I could pal having just been diagnosed as having cancer last thursday.

Then you have far worse things to worry about than the financial state of a country that is not your own..

Hope you get better soon :thup:

Northumbria Police said in a statement: "At 6.30pm on Sunday 19 February police received a report of criminal damage at the Newcastle United ground.

"Between 5pm and 6.05pm someone had vandalised a wall of the stadium.

"Anyone with information is asked to contact police."

Wonder if anyone will?

Guest bimpy474

Northumbria Police said in a statement: "At 6.30pm on Sunday 19 February police received a report of criminal damage at the Newcastle United ground.

Wonder if anyone will?

Better a jet wash owner does :D

Wonder if anyone will?

Like the diplomatic name chosen for the ground :lol:

I was on Barrack road at 6:30pm.  Wasn't me.

Could genuinely have been the lad at the bus stop asking me how much it was to get back to Killingworth :lol:

Nah sorry mate, i thought we were doing an 'I'M SPARTACUS' thing :lol:

I mean the radgie who did the spraying :bluestar:

This is happening because it's one of the easiest areas of the ground to 'vandalise' and it's where an SJP sign once stood.

The other signs obviously haven't been fucked with because they're 50ft in the sky.

Long may this continue tbh

The great thing about this whole thing is that washing it off will simply result in people spraying it back on again. This could literally go on and on :lol:

No doubt someone will be along in a bit to tell us that bringing in all these jet washers is costing the club money and the longer it goes on, the less chance we have of buying players and winning the league.

I wonder what would happen if someone spray painted "sports direct arena"? They would probs just leave it up and say that is the permanent sign.

:lol:

Guest Haris Vuckic

I wonder what would happen if someone spray painted "sports direct arena"? They would probs just leave it up and say that is the permanent sign.

AUSTERIC

Wonder if anyone will?

Like the diplomatic name chosen for the ground :lol:

are they talking about the writing of St James' Park or the vandalism of putting sports direct on the wall.  if its sports direct then i think i could help as i know who done that one.

Dr Joanna Berry, Director of Engagement for Newcastle University Business School:

"From a marketing perspective, I completely understand why the club has done it."

"It's important for them to try to make as much money as they can from potential sponsorship opportunities."

"But it takes something like this to really shake their [the fans] faith in the management of the team and that's a really important thing to bear in mind."

"Newcastle Football Club is a global brand and there are fans around the world who are outraged by what's happened here."

"My personal opinion is that if Virgin Money were able to put their hands in their back pockets and find the wherewithal to sponsor the stadium and then simply rename it 'St James' Park', they would immediately win a significant number of new customers, the complete and utter loyalty of the fans and probably find that they got themselves a very nice football chant too."

Strange to see an 'expert' saying something like this. She's probably right though.