St James' Park: "NEWCASTLE UNITED" lettering on East Stand roof being replaced (Official)

Delima

56 minutes ago, midds said:

All we need is a few thousand tonnes of transparent steel and concrete and we're laughing, easy

In star trek 4 didn't they mention transparent aluminium? 

That was the 80s, things have advanced further since then, so we should use that shit 

12 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I want to know where the youtubers are getting these mockups from.Screenshot_20230626_212449_Gallery.thumb.jpg.ead6ce6cf11327e40aa5e11f460e496d.jpg

Screenshot_20230626_212314_YouTube.jpg.99aab5b2870bb89c6d220e56b0033be7.jpg

He has some really good ideas for Leazes terrace actually - easily some of the best youtube content as well from this chap even though it grates me on how he pronounces 'Leazes' ha

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Turning Leazes Terrace into a 'boutique hotel' still means taking goodness knows how many housing units out of the stock. It just isn't going to happen.

I'm not sure what you mean, most of the block is student accommodation that's owned by one person.

The side facing the east stand is student accommodation, and owned by Newcastle University. It used to be offices for the university, but they were converted back a little while back.

The other side has private houses on it.

The club don’t need to buy them in anyway, and regardless of this, you would struggle to gain a change of use for them.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

The side facing the east stand is student accommodation, and owned by Newcastle University. It used to be offices for the university, but they were converted back a little while back.

The other side has private houses on it.

The club don’t need to buy them in anyway, and regardless of this, you would struggle to gain a change of use for them.

How did the university get a change of use for them then?

13 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm not sure what you mean, most of the block is student accommodation that's owned by one person.

I'm saying that Leazes Terrace provides housing and the Council is never going to approve a scheme which removes that housing. Ownership doesn't come into it, just the use.

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I'm saying that Leazes Terrace provides housing and the Council is never going to approve a scheme which removes that housing. Ownership doesn't come into it, just the use.

Quite a bit of it is student accommodation, private residential being on the side that faces the tennis courts. If Eddie is right that is 

Edited by madras

1 minute ago, madras said:
9 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Quite a bit of it is student accommodation, private residential being on the side that faces the tennis courts. If Eddie is right that is 

Sure, but it's still a residential use, though; if that accommodation isn't there to house students then the pressure is transferred onto the rest of the housing stock.

10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Do you know that that's the case? Just don't know why it wouldn't be allowed. Newcastle has more student accommodation in the city centre than it needs.