St James' Park: "NEWCASTLE UNITED" lettering on East Stand roof being replaced (Official)

Delima

When I was younger I wanted a big screen at SJP, now I don't. They look tacky and horrible, plus the TV's inside the concourses do their job perfectly. Your there to watch the game live not watch it via a screen.

I liked how today they had the score next to the clock using a small bit of the electronic advertisement boards, maybe that they should introduce for NUFC but apart from that then no we don't need a giant screen and it will just look horrible. Most of them in other grounds these days just show advertisements or team line up's so what the point?

I wouldn't mind a screen, providing it was smart and relatively subtle, which i think that is. I'd certainly substitute one of them - with a few ads at HT - for all the fucking God-awful red and blue shite plastered everywhere. I never go into Level 7 now and you just forget how fucking horrific the whole thing looks. Absolutely horrendous.

We would have trouble finding somewhere where it wasn't at the expense of seats, though.

Wouldn`t screens be needed in some kind of form at Premier League grounds if the PL decide to use the Hawk Eye as their preferred goal line technology? The other goal line option wouldnt need screens i think but hawk eye would unless it just the fourth official who gets to see it..

Wouldn`t screens be needed in some kind of form at Premier League grounds if the PL decide to use the Hawk Eye as their preferred goal line technology? The other goal line option wouldnt need screens i think but hawk eye would unless it just the fourth official who gets to see it..

No, a screen isn't needed for Hawk eye, it's all done automatically, a screen is used in sports for hawk eye though to show it how it works and for the fans to see why the decision is being made.

Besides why would you need a jumbo screen for it?, you would only need to give the 4th official a screen even if it was needed.

Guh, i'm not against goal-line technology, but i think it'd look minging if there was a screen that said "GOAL!!!" after video inspection - like in Rugby or whatever. If it ever comes into play, and screens are present, i hope they just disclose it via the ref's hand signals.

Guh, i'm not against goal-line technology, but i think it'd look minging if there was a screen that said "GOAL!!!" after video inspection - like in Rugby or whatever. If it ever comes into play, and screens are present, i hope they just disclose it via the ref's hand signals.

Or they could tell him through his ear piece? :pow:

Aye, that's what i mean. If they're going to bring in goal-line technology, i think they need to keep it as subtle as can possibly be. I won't deny that it can be exciting when you get your Challenges at Wimbledon, and you're anxiously watching the hawkeye; but it is a bit too panto for me.

No coverage of them scratching their chins whilst they watch the footage in an office. No big screens that show a CGI version of the incident. No "GOAL" in bright lights. Nowt.

Just a few seconds of agonising 'not-knowing-wtf-is-going-on'... just all eyes on the ref. Minimalistic.

From what I understand is that theirs no need for anyone to see any footage of it, including the referee or 4th official. All the cameras point across the line and they all watch the ball and all the cameras together determine if it went over the line , there is no imagery of it, all that is for show at tennis and cricket. Basically it's like having a sensor on the line. The decision is made within a second and is sent directly to the referee.

From what I understand is that theirs no need for anyone to see any footage of it, including the referee or 4th official. All the cameras point across the line and they all watch the ball and all the cameras together determine if it went over the line , there is no imagery of it, all that is for show at tennis and cricket. Basically it's like having a sensor on the line. The decision is made within a second and is sent directly to the referee.

Its not for show in cricket as its fundamentally different.

In cricket it is to predict the route the ball would have travelled if not intercepted and whether it would have hit the wickets, hence the graphic is a crucial part.

Just hang some screens over the field like they do at Cowboy Stadium in Dallas for the Cowboys.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGcwnrg_BycFYEUB3Zydpx3JUPRLfEn9yEEQDGloPx7L1salqSlQ

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-Z8BhDR7k4lLnm_UHajiNcz7t0fRfdjwxRNvvpVmefoKOmTqD

Guest bimpy474

That idea can fuck right off.

How will we blooter it up field for the giraffe when he signs with that TV in the way.

Think we should introduce a giant LED 3D TV screen at SJP. Wouldn't it be epic if 52,000 people were at a football ground watching a match with 3D glasses? Well, it probably wouldn't. :lol:

Not sure why you would need 3D glasses watching something live, have I been whooshed? :lol:

:D

I watched the pre-season exhibition game between Chelsea and Club Americas  (sitting behind the goal in the upper end zone with the smaller end screens in front of me.  I kept forgetting to watch the actual players on the field because the game on the screen was easier to see.

Just hang some screens over the field like they do at Cowboy Stadium in Dallas for the Cowboys.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGcwnrg_BycFYEUB3Zydpx3JUPRLfEn9yEEQDGloPx7L1salqSlQ

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-Z8BhDR7k4lLnm_UHajiNcz7t0fRfdjwxRNvvpVmefoKOmTqD

Fuck me that looks horrific!