St James' Park

Delima

6 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I think we need to help people understand that we're not going to be leaving SJP for a bigger version of The Riverside or St Mary's. It will literally be one of the greatest football stadiums in the world, built with an effectively unlimited budget, potentially invigorating a dead area of the town.

Why would you not want that [emoji38]

This 1000%

13 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I think we need to help people understand that we're not going to be leaving SJP for a bigger version of The Riverside or St Mary's. It will literally be one of the greatest football stadiums in the world, built with an effectively unlimited budget, potentially invigorating a dead area of the town.

Some folk can’t be arsed to stay and clap players off the pitch, stand up make a noise in a cup final, or make a stand against the worst owner in the clubs recent history, unfortunately expecting them to have the vision and ambition beyond a Greggs and a few pints before the match is a step to far.

27 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Exactly. It wouldn’t just be some off the shelf identikit stadium. 

i generally hate the super modern stadiums, all shine no soul. I am not against against new stadium by all means, I just dont want to rush headlong into something without consideration of what may be lost by moving it somewhere else primarily

1 minute ago, Tiresias said:

i generally hate the super modern stadiums, all shine no soul. I am not against against new stadium by all means, I just dont want to rush headlong into something without consideration of what may be lost by moving it somewhere else primarily

They’re good for a couple of years until the next super stadium comes along and makes it look like yesterdays news.

See Emirates. See Wembley. See Spurs stadium. Wouldn’t want any of them as our home. 

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

My preference would be to stay at SJP - if SJP could be redeveloped to bring it up to modern standards and could be expanded enough to make it worthwhile.   I’m surprised they didn’t get 100% ‘stay at SJP’ given the way the question was presented.  It’s how I would have voted - and I’m one of those who think that the best option would ultimately be to move. 

But the question was disingenuous.  Pollsters and psephologists know that how a question is worded is vital - it’s why they tend to be careful in their phrasing. 

Disingenuous man :lol: Don't be daft. 

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Because not everyone wants that.

5 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Aye, they sit in the east stand.

That poll would suggest otherwise like, but I get that it's annoying being in the minority.

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

That poll would suggest otherwise like, but I get that it's annoying being in the minority.

I'd be interested to see the demographics of those who competed the poll, I didn't contribute, nor did the bloke I sit next to at the match. I doubt the fella in front did either.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Predominantly Gen X. 

Screenshot_20240514_220459_SamsungNotes.thumb.jpg.a9414a97761d5f8e754197a0273a7107.jpg

I read somewhere the other week the average age of a PL fan was 41/42.

7 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I'd be interested to see the demographics of those who competed the poll, I didn't contribute, nor did the bloke I sit next to at the match. I doubt the fella in front did either.

I didn’t get a say either despite having a season ticket. It was just a random sample I believe.

8 minutes ago, Toon1892 said:

I didn’t get a say either despite having a season ticket. It was just a random sample I believe.

It was a NUST survey. Any member could have contributed 

NUST are a lame duck now and have been pretty much since the takeover.

We needed an advocate when Ashley was here, not that he listened but we were pretty much voiceless if not for them.

But now, yes the club will make the odd mistake but social media has more sway in causing action than NUST do at this point.

I just see all this shit as an exercise in trying to stay relevant and more certainly playing to a certain section of the support.