St James' Park

Delima

Just now, cubaricho said:

Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

In all fairness, it’s not a bad shout. If we are going with an expansion (I doubt, so think it will be a rebuild at minimum), then we can’t do anything until after 2028 unless we give up our host rights for the Euros.

17 minutes ago, Stifler said:

In all fairness, it’s not a bad shout. If we are going with an expansion (I doubt, so think it will be a rebuild at minimum), then we can’t do anything until after 2028 unless we give up our host rights for the Euros.

That's because you have a brain mate and don't just want to be appeased by fantasy (or bullshit) Sometimes I think being a realist isn't a popular thing. 

The stack was built for a reason as the period leading up to 2028 because the short term plans for the club don't require any expansion in that area. 

If no land has been secured in that timeframe (to move) then as you say I'd expect the process to begin after that tournament.

And the process is long 

Edited by Pancrate1892

1 hour ago, Pancrate1892 said:

That I don't think there will be an expansion or stadium in the next 5 years? 

All I'll say is that someone gave me a 50 and said there you go have a bet, even money on either an expansion or a new stadium in 5 years time, or we're still at a 52k capacity SJP, my 50 quid would definitely be on the 52k capacity SJP.

3 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

I guess we dont have to worry about expanding now that everyone is queuing up to jump off the Tyne Bridge

Well I still couldn't get a ticket for Man City! Good job they've been so quick to press ahead with stadium expansion plans, or even a new one altogether.

We have been made aware that there is the following fence/parking area being constructed in front of the East Stand by the owner of the land. 

As this is one of the most congested areas on matchdays, this structure has raised fears that fan safety could be put at risk by this and if you are concerned please contact:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

21 minutes ago, Karjala said:

Who is this owner? A mackem or what?!

I've just done a quick stalk on Companies House and LinkedIn and the owner is Newcastle based. Must be a bit of a chancer. How long until the fence goes up in flames?

25 minutes ago, Vedder said:

I've just done a quick stalk on Companies House and LinkedIn and the owner is Newcastle based. Must be a bit of a chancer. How long until the fence goes up in flames?

How long before the east stand walking dead fall over it? Surely elf n safety for something this petty

On 09/08/2024 at 18:29, GeordieT said:

Curiosity got the better of me - so bought the title deed (TY103239).

4 St James Terrace, owned by ‘St James Land Ltd’ - only incorporated earlier this year, have a weird fairly narrow strip of land running parallel to the East Stand. Including all the steps to the left of the container. Oddly can’t see anything on the planning portal for development work, but assume something is going on in the building behind.

The sign suggests quite some annoyance though!

As this coming back up again: TY103239 purely the strip. The company, ’St James Land Ltd’  appear to have taken out £300k of financing provided by a Cheshire based property developer / investment company to purchase it.

I’m surprised none of our fine local journalists have done any digging. 

E882BF03-B46E-4635-9985-8A942B737D9D.jpeg

Edited by GeordieT

4 minutes ago, GeordieT said:

As this coming back up again: TY103239 purely the strip. The company, ’St James Land Ltd’  appear to have taken out £300k of financing provided by a Cheshire based property developer / investment company to purchase it.

I’m surprised none of our fine local journalists have done any digging. 

E882BF03-B46E-4635-9985-8A942B737D9D.jpeg

Wonder what the value of that strip becomes if we move and sjp was a park. Presumably nowt would stop us putting up a wall when making it all nice to fuck with their investment. Obviously not high but enough to piss them off while the students get a nice view