St James' Park

Delima

27 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Bit from Edwards on new stadium towards end of podcast, thinks feasibility study has been done for a while, preferred option is expanding St James, but states other option is Castle Leazes/Leazes Park, basically thinks their procrastinating on it and just need to get on with it, as if new stadium objections will take years to resolve if that’s what they go with.

Interestingly while talking about expanding St James he mentions the Leazes and Milburn also, which would suggest some kind of wrap like the Bernabau.

Edwards also thinks we’ve signed Barella and Guehi. Bloke doesn’t have a clue.

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Bit from Edwards on new stadium towards end of podcast, thinks feasibility study has been done for a while, preferred option is expanding St James, but states other option is Castle Leazes/Leazes Park, basically thinks their procrastinating on it and just need to get on with it, as if new stadium objections will take years to resolve if that’s what they go with.

Interestingly while talking about expanding St James he mentions the Leazes and Milburn also, which would suggest some kind of wrap like the Bernabau.

At least he's honest enough to caveat it with stating that he literally doesn't know anything about construction or planning.  So he's just guessing.

7 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

At least he's honest enough to caveat it with stating that he literally doesn't know anything about construction or planning.  So he's just guessing.

Yeah likes a good waffle does Luke, certainly didn’t seem as sure we are staying at St James as his article stated couple of months ago.

Seemed to suggest it was the Saudi side that might want a shiny new stadium, but I think with recent boardroom changes it might not just be them now.

Edited by Whitley mag

23 minutes ago, Ben said:

So Staveley was ousted because she wanted to stay  at James ?

New stadium it is then 

As romantic as it is to stay at St. James. The practicality of moving to a new stadium is far more obvious. You dont lose attendance revenue or have to share a ground with a rival while the rebuild/renovation is taking place. I would also imagine it will be cheaper without trying to work around the current engineering restrictions. 

3 hours ago, Ben said:

So Staveley was ousted because she wanted to stay  at James ?

New stadium it is then 

I said it in another thread. We all love Amanda and what she and her husband did to save our club. But, if she wanted us to stay at SJP by extending what we could (not saying this is true btw), while PIF wanted a new stadium, at another site for example, with potentially more benefits, then she was holding us back from moving forward. 

I want us to stay at SJP. It's sacred. 130 years of playing on the same piece of land of grass. But I also want the club to move forward as a club. I want the club to taste success, to compete and be a giant in the game again. I would choose us to extend into Leazes Park but that has it's own obstacles just like extending the East Stand. So, if Castle Leazes is a goer, then we have to move forward.

You don’t spend £200 on a new “Gallowgate Stand” sign just to move to a new stadium. That kind of thing reinforces the FACT we are here forever. 

6 minutes ago, RS said:

You don’t spend £200 on a new “Gallowgate Stand” sign just to move to a new stadium. That kind of thing reinforces the FACT we are here forever. 

Take it with them, put it up somewhere with Big Al and Sir Bobby 

15 minutes ago, Ben said:

@Whitley mag reading between the lines

I think Amanda and Mehrdad were on record saying they wanted to stay, couldn’t tell you what Eales and co position is, but far more likely to be a less emotional decision and based on the bottom line would be my guess.

If the £200 sign is the final barrier between staying or moving to a new £1.5b rocket powered super stadium, I'll buy the fucking thing off them, chuck it on the side of me shed. 

If they build a trully world class stadium, which I am sure they would, that allows us to compete at the highest levels, I am all in for that.  We can stay where we are until it is all ready to go.

That said, if there is a way to rebuild SJP, where it is, then go for it.

Either way, they need to get on with it now IMO, espcially with FFP bollocks - extra revenue is crucial. 

Whateve the decision, people will come round to it, IMO.

47 minutes ago, mattypnufc said:

Its fucking cursed earth, thats what it is. 

:lol:

4 × English Champions

6 × FA Cup Winners

1 × Fairs Cup Winners

1 × Charity Shield Winners