St James' Park

Delima

13 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Not sure why people filming stuff has any relevance to the stadium we play in mind. Some proper pearl clutching stuff going on :lol:  

We can thank social media, camera phones, celebrity culture for the Increased prevalence of it. 

It’s only going to become more and more widespread as well as the generations to come engage with football in very different ways than those who came before. 

I think your right. The only problem is we hate it, and I think there's a great argument to say it's something to be discouraged for the good of humanity (until that asteroid arrives) 

3 hours ago, jack j said:

The singing sections in level 7 were great. Like an away end most weeks. Rest of the ground used to look down their noses at them though. Now I keep reading there is a lack of young lads etc

my kids have loads of mates that go but they get spread around the ground. 

get all the little toerags in one section again like the old level 7 corner

3 hours ago, jack j said:

The singing sections in level 7 were great. Like an away end most weeks. Rest of the ground used to look down their noses at them though. Now I keep reading there is a lack of young lads etc

There's only so many times in a match you can "Stand up if you hate......." or declare the other teams support to be shit.

Just now, Jack27 said:

FAB meeting tonight is it?

Odds on the leaks of a stadium development?

More likely to be leaks on new food and beverage options and what they’re doing with the East Stand barrier bandit.

16 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

More likely to be leaks on new food and beverage options and what they’re doing with the East Stand barrier bandit.

Important updates, to be fair 

Level 7, before Ashley dispersed us all for singing mean songs about him was fantastic. Being next to the away fans produced some of my favorite moments in the ground.  I'd gladly go back, despite the steps.

4 hours ago, madras said:

There's only so many times in a match you can "Stand up if you hate......." or declare the other teams support to be shit.

Aye amongst the numerous new songs that were made but aye this is the kind of shit young lads would no doubt face if they tried similar thesedays

17 hours ago, Nepharite said:

Level 7, before Ashley dispersed us all for singing mean songs about him was fantastic. Being next to the away fans produced some of my favorite moments in the ground.  I'd gladly go back, despite the steps.

Used to always sit up there. Loved it.

8 hours ago, Harry 209 said:

SJP redevelopment continues, THE HUT is no more and is now the new official club shop:20241001_120920.thumb.jpg.c07b5a0bfe458e88d1d5996a67a48adf.jpg

I’m honestly surprised there isn’t a merchandise kiosk in the Stack.

*Enters Stack

’Who the fuck would be buying from that?’

*Drinks a couple of pints

’That Keyring actually looks ok’

*Wakes up hungover the next morning still wearing all 4 new shirts, the new tracksuits, a bag full of keyrings, and NUFC teddies for your lass, with Rufus walking around in a child’s kit that you half put on him

’Argh ya bastard!’

Edited by Stifler

18 hours ago, Nepharite said:

Memories of L7 corner Friday night Cardiff at home in the Champo 

masturbating shake it GIF by Smasher Network

Regarding the atmosphere, I think our rise in stature, somewhat success on the pitch coincides with a decline in atmosphere for most games as it would with pretty much any club. I say that because most games under Howe in 2021-22 when we were fighting to stay up were class. Man Utd, Everton, Arsenal are in my (limited) top 10 atmospheres I can remember at SJP. Even matches like Man City; remember being proud as owt seeing the Gallowgate waving flags and keep going when 0-3 and 0-4 down.

Acoustics of the ground don't help but that could be mitigated by the return of a L7 radgie section that used to exist. Can't imagine it will though. 

Edited by HaydnNUFC

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Regarding the atmosphere, I think our rise in stature, somewhat success on the pitch coincides with a decline in atmosphere for most games as it would with pretty much any club. I say that because most games under Howe in 2021-22 when we were fighting to stay up were class. Man Utd, Everton, Arsenal are in my (limited) top 10 atmospheres I can remember at SJP. Even matches like Man City; remember being proud as owt seeing the Gallowgate waving flags and keep going when 0-3 and 0-4 down.

Acoustics of the ground don't help but that could be mitigated by the return of a L7 radgie section that used to exist. Can't imagine it will though. 

Of course. Expectation is an atmosphere killer the world over. 

23 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Memories of L7 corner Friday night Cardiff at home in the Champo 

masturbating shake it GIF by Smasher Network

It was on top form that night. Had my ST up there back then. A day I'll always remember as a mate from work brought Gazza into the 3 Bulls pre match and we ended up going to Pacific where I had 2 games of pool against the great man.

Woke up the next morning to the news that he'd been arrested outside the Gate that night [emoji38]

I can’t help but feel that an expanded Gallowgate end, and new East stand would just be a massive ‘budget’ option. A new build leaves untold possibilities.

5 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I can’t help but feel that an expanded Gallowgate end, and new East stand would just be a massive ‘budget’ option. A new build leaves untold possibilities.

I think this is the option they will opt for too, 1bn for 8000 extra seats seems like a lot of money for little 

Big bit on the the overlap re atmosphere today and English football atmosphere in decline due to the more "modern football fan".

Mind you been saying it for ages if you added Standing next to away fans and some in leazes east stand corner would make a huge difference. Any noise started carrys in leazes issue is thousands of people in there cba to start anything. Was an easy fix in the summer but the club didn't do anything.

2 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

If we move, it won't be city centre. That'll kill a large part of the club and city for me. 

Article doesn’t suggest that though.

I’d be amazed if they redeveloped SJP for £800m - £1bn when they could build a new stadium. Especially given the disruption.

1 minute ago, J7 said:

I’d be amazed if they redeveloped SJP for £800m - £1bn when they could build a new stadium. Especially given the disruption.

New stadium would cost double that, apparently