St James' Park

Delima

1 minute ago, DiddyLevine said:

building a stadium

It looks plenty big on Google earth, I'm sure the area Inbetween the college and the site would be snapped up and made into bars restaurants ect.

21 minutes ago, OpenC said:

I just don't think there's an approach to the Arena that equals virtually any of the approaches to SJP from the city.  IMO you'd just end up with hundreds of billions of cars parked on all those derelict little streets, people going straight to the game and people going straight home.  It's far enough away and through a dismal enough part of town to make people think, "I'll just go to the game" I reckon.  Once you get to that mindset, you might as well put it out at Callerton Parkway

Chin up fella

Millions of billions of people have watched Giggs at the arena and the only complaint I hear is that the venue is utter dogshit, not the location. It's 10 minutes brisk walk from our current home with plenty of decent boozers nearby

Being at the arena site would be nowt like moving to a soulless out of town location like Great Park or Silverlink

And I don't think we'll move to the Arena site, but lets be a bit more positive about its merits as an acceptable location for the Sven Adult Books Magpie Megadome

Edited by bobbydazzla

Just now, bobbydazzla said:

Chin up fella

Millions of billions of people have watched Giggs at the arena and the only complaint I hear is that the venue is utter dogshit, not the location.

It's 10 minutes brisk walk from our current home with plenty of decent boozers nearby

Being at the Arena site would be nowt like moving to a soulless out of town location like Great Park or Silverlink

And I don't think we'll move to the Arena site, but lets be realistic about its merits as a location

It's a fucking wank location for a football stadium when the one we have is where it is, in my humble opinion :lol:

12 minutes ago, DiddyLevine said:

IMG_5212.thumb.jpeg.1e56540adc1029f0c165d5317467c251.jpeg

We already have too much of a history with our fans and horses, could you imagine the scenes if we have fans streaming out after a defeat and they drunkenly stumble across the race track?

Not a hedgerow high enough for a horse to practice jumping over that would be as big as an east stander lying on the track.

Bad enough having Amnesty after us, let alone PETA.

Edited by Stifler

6 minutes ago, TBG said:

Someone who cab be arsed can do the overlay

image.thumb.png.3678a72ee54ae49c5713b23333a7a0e3.png

image.thumb.png.c6a096e57b224dc9c79a79521a136e41.png

It’s not SJP that you need to overlay on top of potential sites, but some of the new mega stadiums, Spurs’, SOFI, Mercedes Benz etc.

Edited by Stifler

3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

We already have too much of a history with our fans and horses, could you imagine the scenes if we have fans streaming out after a defeat and they drunkenly stumble across the race track?

Not hedgerow high enough for a horse to practice jumping over that would be as big as an east stander lying on the track.

Bad enough having Amnesty after us, let alone PETA.

Move the race course elsewhere

52 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I know that the idea has been rubbished on here, but I could genuinely see us ground sharing with SAFC for at least one season. They are skint & Louis-Dreyfus could definitely be persuaded to allow it if the financial incentive is significant enough.

A Mackem on RTG has posted about hearing a rumour that we have discussed it with them already. A two year ground share apparently.

I just can't imagine Northumbria Police agreeing to 40k+ Newcastle fans descending on Sunderland every other week. 

I don't doubt that SAFC would potentially be up for it but it'd be a massive issue with the amount of absolute doylems on both sides. 

59 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I know that the idea has been rubbished on here, but I could genuinely see us ground sharing with SAFC for at least one season. They are skint & Louis-Dreyfus could definitely be persuaded to allow it if the financial incentive is significant enough.

A Mackem on RTG has posted about hearing a rumour that we have discussed it with them already. A two year ground share apparently.

Nah, he had to issue a grovelling apology for letting us use a fucking bar in January. I genuinely think he’d be run out of town if he did that.

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

unless corporate + stadium sponsor name = +25m a year, I am still struggling to see how this massively closes the PSR gap unless they raise ticket prices a massive % (which would go down awfully).  Of course we will have a nice healthy bump of annual revenues from this for increased matchday income, some additional events/concerts, and of course some naming rights too I am sure. 

TBH, for me, this still is more about the next stage in our evolution as a club to have world class facilities and show the footballing world of our true ambitions. 

Don't disagree at all with your last paragraph there but in terms of income, and assuming we're talking pure capital investment rather than loans...

An extra 10k STs at £700 each = £7m/year

An extra 8k "general sale" seats at £50 per game = £7.5m/year

An extra 2k Corporate at £7k each = £14m/year

Obviously these are all just numbers plucked out of thin air but that's just shy of £30m/year which I think is more than we got from our soirée into the Champions League.

I haven't included in that any potential naming rights, extra fixtures from cup or European games or other things like concerts etc. 

Edited by Keegans Export

17 minutes ago, OpenC said:

It's a fucking wank location for a football stadium when the one we have is where it is, in my humble opinion :lol:

Lets hypothetically assume there's absolutely no way can stay at SJP, too many headaches to fit a Megadome on the site and massively reduced attendances for a few years whilst we build will absolutely dry-fuck our finances leaving us floundering mid table for eternity

Where could we go in the city limits that you'd be happy with ?

Edited by bobbydazzla

7 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Think I'd struggle to maintain interest travelling to a ground at the racecourse 19 times a season like.

Aye 10 out of 10 for Reuben creating an account to get us fans on board but it won't wash