St James' Park

Delima

2 hours ago, TheHoob said:

You'd still be stuck in traffic from the first match at an expanded Kingston Park stadium by the time the actual stadium is finished. 

Park there sometimes and get the Metro in. Get stuck in post match traffic at the moment over an hour after it.

14 hours ago, LFEE said:

Sounds like what I mentioned a while back. Remove Barrack Road and send traffic elsewhere to increase the footprint.

Would have made perfect sense going back all them years, especially with the brewery site vacant. Even more annoying is the fact that SJP was being redeveloped at that time. 

Edited by Pancrate1892

For me it's simple. Negotiate that small area just behind the stadium so we are still close enough to call it 'st james' park'. 

Build the horseshoe right up to the back of the leazes stand until it's ready to take on 40k, so we can start playing games with the new stadium two thirds completed, demolish st james' park (as devastating as that sounds) and then complete the work on the rest of the new stadium with games taking place there.

Then st james' is just off it's original footprint, with the land gained turned into parkland which is maintained properly by the club with the bandstand and stairs a nice addition to leazes terrace. 

Build it on the Town Moor

Its a waste of space, the Magpie Megadome will be more of a community asset than acres of mud & cow shite

If they didn’t object to a small pox hospital on the land then why would they object to a lush new megadome 

Can also tell the Hoppings to fuck right off 

Everyone’s a winner 

Edited by bobbydazzla

19 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Eddie from Tyneside Life now uses the park regularly and doesn’t see it as being run down, thinks building on it for a few thousand extra seats is destroying the city’s history.

His shit videos are doing more damage to the city’s history than anything else being considered

21 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Eddie from Tyneside Life now uses the park regularly and doesn’t see it as being run down, thinks building on it for a few thousand extra seats is destroying the city’s history.

Whoppersaurus Rex.

3 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Generally speaking I like his videos but when it comes to the SJP debate he is such an insufferable smart arse. I will piss myself laughing if we do relocate into a part of Leazes Park when he has said it will never happen. He has said he will close his YouTube account if it does happen. Somehow I think he will find wriggle room for that not to happen. I’d also love to know how he believes the Bondibot ‘Option 3’ to be nothing more than a “fantasy”. 

48 minutes ago, loki679 said:

Why does the price keep going up every video? 

£4bn ffs, are they mental? :lol:

Not our money, who cares how much it costs?

Also the money will go into the region, paying people to build it. It's not like someone just creates a bonfire and burns £4bn KLF-style and then a stadium magically appears from the ashes. In that sense the more it costs, the better. Redistribute some Saudi oil money to the good people of the North East. :)

4 hours ago, Jack27 said:

His shit videos are doing more damage to the city’s history than anything else being considered

Does the cunt still do them ground tours? It would be fascinating to hear from someone who paid to gan and see an Eddie leezers ground tour.

I bet he mentions that leezers terrace is grade one listed and something that nobody else knows that he can categorically confirm/deny

5 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Blokes a whopper, remember seeing him down Sheffield United more arsed about filming videos and trying to interview people than watch the game and support team...

1 hour ago, loki679 said:

I was just about to post the same thing. Tottenham's stadium cost around £1bn, and it's in fecking London.

Costs will definitely have gone up since then but not by 4 times. Dickheads!

4 hours ago, loki679 said:

In all fairness they say $4bn, which would be more like £3bn. It would also mean that will be at a super stadium, like Atlanta, Sofi, and Allegiant etc.

I don’t see how rebuilding SJP would be considerably cheaper than building a new stadium though, if anything I think it would be more expensive.

4 minutes ago, Stifler said:

In all fairness they say $4bn, which would be more like £3bn. It would also mean that will be at a super stadium, like Atlanta, Sofi, and Allegiant etc.

I don’t see how rebuilding SJP would be considerably cheaper than building a new stadium though, if anything I think it would be more expensive.

Especially as you're either going to have a massively reduced capacity for an extended period, or have to pay someone to play at their ground, or build a (temporary?) stadium/extension somewhere else.

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

Especially as you're either going to have a massively reduced capacity for an extended period, or have to pay someone to play at their ground, or build a (temporary?) stadium/extension somewhere else.

Yeah, first of all you have the land we need to buy from different parties, with rumours of us recently buying Wellbar Central (Sky offices).

You then have the complications of building over Metro station, which is possible, but will cost more. Add on the re-routing of both Strawberry Road, and Barrack Road.

Now add on how we are either going to do it in stages, or play elsewhere, likely a bit of both.

Then finally, the cost of the new build stadium in anyway.