St James' Park: club plans to expand existing site further to completion of feasibility study (Edwards)

Delima

I'm so bored of this argument about Leazes Terrace man.

It won't be moved, it can't be moved and it shouldn't be moved. 

I'm sure there's a way of increasing the capacity without affecting Leazes Terrace. PIF and co probably have already got people looking into it otherwise Mehrdad wouldn't have brought it up last week.

Can we just leave it there please, it's exhausting. 

Regarding adding to the Millburn and Leazes, would a level 8 be any higher than the likes of Barca's ground etc? They seem huge. I know it's not ideal but better than nothing I suppose. Keep the tickets cheap and boost attendances. I wouldnt mind going up there if it was cheap.

Edited by pedro111

2 minutes ago, 1964 said:

I have a better solution, knock the bridges down, build across the river making it a symbolic northern powerhouse.  Knock the sage down and just bin the contents, keep the shell and make it a train/ bus station.

All that green space where the Angel of the North is, perfect training facility and the melted down Angel will provide all the goal posts and outbuildings anyone could want  

We just need to think clever

Well there used to be a racecourse in the middle of the tyne.

With a boozer called the duchess of Coventry.

Canny shout that

4 minutes ago, 1964 said:

I have a better solution, knock the bridges down, build across the river making it a symbolic northern powerhouse.  Knock the sage down and just bin the contents, keep the shell and make it a train/ bus station.

All that green space where the Angel of the North is, perfect training facility and the melted down Angel will provide all the goal posts and outbuildings anyone could want  

We just need to think clever

Rivers are outdated. We have roads now. Bin the river.

I think not caring or taking an interest in your city's history is sad - particularly when it is actually so distinguished, unique and celebrated - but this is people's prerogative if they wish.

But coming on and trying to simply argue that a Grade I listed example of Grainger's Georgian Newcastle is actually just a bit shite is a new one altogether. 

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I think not caring or taking an interest in your city's history is sad - particularly when it is actually so distinguished, unique and celebrated - but this is people's prerogative if they wish.

But coming on and trying to simply argue that a Grade I listed example of Grainger's Georgian Newcastle is actually just a bit shite is a new one altogether. 

Aye but there’s hundreds of Grainger Street’s man, who needs them!

7 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

I'm so bored of this argument about Leazes Terrace man.

It won't be moved, it can't be moved and it shouldn't be moved. 

I'm sure there's a way of increasing the capacity without affecting Leazes Terrace. PIF and co probably have already got people looking into it otherwise Mehrdad wouldn't have brought it up last week.

Can we just leave it there please, it's exhausting. 

Agreed. As much as I agree that it's a bland looking street, the reality is that it has to be worked around. The football club isn't the be all and end all for the city, there are other things that people think are important.

Guest HTT II
26 minutes ago, Nun tumblers said:

SJP is far more important than anything else in the city centre.

Is it fuck, and I’m dead against moving from SJP. The city of Newcastle has been around for eternity basically in one form or another and THE city centre is the most important part of this city and Leazes Terrace predates SJP. I’d rather we stayed at 53k to keep Leazes Terrace even if it meant we couldn’t expand as a result, and with that I’d also rather stay at 53k than relocate if it means we lose SJP from its current plot if we can’t expand.

Edited by HTT II

It's just a building I couldn't get all misty eyed about it mind.

The navel yard offices were a prime example of an art deco building .

They just flattered it.

It was much better than that monstrosity on the coast Rd the tab factory.

Who are these fuckers deciding what gets listed.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Nun tumblers said:

They just flattered it.

Aye but I’d rather we didn’t relocate from SJP…

Edited by HTT II

I can remember when we were trying to locate to leazes Park.

Up they popped freinds of Leazes Park wanting folk to sign petitions .

To stop us building....fucking selfish bastards mind.

Living in their posh gaffs.

Edited by Nun tumblers
Spellings

5 minutes ago, Nun tumblers said:

They just flattered it.

Historic England and there's more to it than just whether a building looks attractive.

Guest HTT II
16 minutes ago, Nun tumblers said:

I can remember when we were trying to locate to leazes Park.

Up they popped freinds of Leazes Park wanting folk to sign petitions .

To stop us building....fucking selfish bastards mind.

Living in their posh gaffs.

Shite poem tbh…

Do we even need the East Stand? I imagine Wor Flags have already had a logistical nightmare printing out ten thousand leaflets in size 50 font explaining how to use the flags at the weekend (and apologising for disturbing their nap). ;)

2 hours ago, Wandy said:

I'd say Leazes Terrace should only be considered altering/moving if the East Stand side of the stadium was to be considerably increased in capacity. For example, extending Level 7 all the way around it and therefore increasing overall SJP capacity to around the 80k mark. Until then there's no point really discussing it.

But I have no doubt that a more efficiently designed East Stand could replace the existing one, on roughly the same footprint, to give a pretty decent increase in capacity over the existing eyesore.

Agree with this. Surely the way building technology has advanced in the 50 years since it was built should enable us to build a stand with similar (or slightly larger) footprint to the current stand. 

Although one thing they can't do is cram more seats in. I was in there for the Man Utd and Cambridge games this season and its noticeably far more cramped than the other 3 stands!

2 hours ago, Kimbo said:

Agreed. As much as I agree that it's a bland looking street, the reality is that it has to be worked around. The football club isn't the be all and end all for the city, there are other things that people think are important.

Bland? What a weird thing to even think, let alone to actually write . . . 

Leazes_Terrace_-_Grade_1_Listed(1).jpg?w

So, semi-seriously, what about the idea of a foldaway upper tier to the East Stand?

Granted it would be an engineering marvel on the scale of Babs Windsor's bra, but they do love an engineering marvel in the middle east.

3 hours ago, gjohnson said:

Thats a rather bold statement considering you don't actually know what i do or where i work, and having seen your previous posts I'd guess you either live in Leazes Terrace, or have some vested interest in it remaining.

You're embarrassing yourself. 

2 hours ago, Nun tumblers said:

They just flattered it.

I vote for you and gjohnson to become the leaders of our newly named city of Newcastle upon Nothing But Football. We should demolish every listed building, outlaw Conservation Areas, concrete over every park and replace them with football pitches, sports bars and car parks.