St James' Park

Delima

Guest carpetman1
1 hour ago, OverThere said:

Yeah well they knocked it down. Maybe I should have whined more that they were destroying my "heritage"

You do wonder what they're going to say when we need to expand beyond SJP. "But..but.. I spent the whole game on the phone / talked to the bloke next to me about my Xbox / videoed the game in it's entirety from that stand!"

6 minutes ago, carpetman1 said:

You do wonder what they're going to say when we need to expand beyond SJP. "But..but.. I spent the whole game on the phone / talked to the bloke next to me about my Xbox / videoed the game in it's entirety from that stand!"

spacer.png

Speaking of crazy ideas. Is there anything to stop us making a tunnel for Barrack Road and moving the stand back that way so east stand can move further away from Leazes Terrace giving us the ability to go higher on that side.  Think Amsterdam Arena already has roads going under it so nothing stopping there.

16 hours ago, Disco said:

Also wherever the away fans end up shouldn't have a roof, any amenities inside bar a piss wall, and the seats should be made of spikes.

I've always thought the PL should have a rule that the away fans have to be placed directly behind the goal at one end of the field. At ground level.

Would be great for atmosphere.

24 minutes ago, ToonTastic said:

Speaking of crazy ideas. Is there anything to stop us making a tunnel for Barrack Road and moving the stand back that way so east stand can move further away from Leazes Terrace giving us the ability to go higher on that side.  Think Amsterdam Arena already has roads going under it so nothing stopping there.

So does st James 

35 minutes ago, Shak said:

I've always thought the PL should have a rule that the away fans have to be placed directly behind the goal at one end of the field. At ground level.

Would be great for atmosphere.

They do have a similar rule but sadly many clubs including our own hid behind H&S to avoid the disruption of moving the away fans a couple of years ago when it was brought in.

This is along the lines of what we need. L7 extended to Gallowgate and a lined-up glass wall on top of whatever East Stand we end up with, so that all sound is kept enclosed within the stadium.

FB_IMG_1640125662183.jpg

Guest HTT II
10 minutes ago, Wandy said:

This is along the lines of what we need. L7 extended to Gallowgate and a lined-up glass wall on top of whatever East Stand we end up with, so that all sound is kept enclosed within the stadium.

FB_IMG_1640125662183.jpg

Now I like this!

13 minutes ago, Wandy said:

FB_IMG_1640125662183.jpg

That would be magnificent. Would bring capacity up to 58k/59k.

22 minutes ago, Wandy said:

FB_IMG_1640125662183.jpg

gettyimages-74296579_wide-f98a7a047f5411

"It's been done"

Edited by Kid Icarus

7 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

That would be magnificent. Would bring capacity up to 58k/59k.

Bearing in mind that the entire L7 extension increased SJP's capacity by 16K, I'm pretty certain that extending it to the Gallowgate and Milburn corner would increase capacity to 60,000. I am also absolutely confident that a new two-tier East Stand could be built on the same footprint too, which could give roughly an extra 5k on top of that. I think the owners are thinking along the same lines too, hence Mehrdad's comments about possibly increasing to 65K.

I live the idea of having all of the executive boxes above the seating deck of the East Stand and use the space gained by 'reformatting' the Milburn Stand.

East Stand would look similar to what one side of Levi's Stadium looks like.  It would then have the proposed roof in Wandy's image.

39 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Bearing in mind that the entire L7 extension increased SJP's capacity by 16K, I'm pretty certain that extending it to the Gallowgate and Milburn corner would increase capacity to 60,000. I am also absolutely confident that a new two-tier East Stand could be built on the same footprint too, which could give roughly an extra 5k on top of that. I think the owners are thinking along the same lines too, hence Mehrdad's comments about possibly increasing to 65K.

Part of the capacity increase in 2000 was due to around 1.5k add to the corner below where the TV studios are (Leazes L4). I noticed when we played Cambridge they had the entire usual away end stretching all the way around into the Corner, minus the 2 nearest blocks to the Milburn Stand. Their support numbered 4,830 but if you add approx 1.2k from those 2 blocks that they didn't sell that takes the total combined capacity of L7 Leazes and the L7 Corner to around 6k so if the Gallowgate was built up identically that would be the capacity increase (I think!).

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

Part of the capacity increase in 2000 was due to around 1.5k add to the corner below where the TV studios are (Leazes L4). I noticed when we played Cambridge they had the entire usual away end stretching all the way around into the Corner, minus the 2 nearest blocks to the Milburn Stand. Their support numbered 4,830 but if you add approx 1.2k from those 2 blocks that they didn't sell that takes the total combined capacity of L7 Leazes and the L7 Corner to around 6k so if the Gallowgate was built up identically that would be the capacity increase (I think!).

You'd think we'd gain a chunk of seats by not having the access that's in the lower corner of the Milburn/Leazes in a proposed Miburn/Gallowgate corner. Possibly 800-1000.

Edited by Sima

55 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Can't we have level 7 extended to the corners next to the Gallowgate and the current big screen corner?

Looking at the footprint of the Leazes/Milburn corner you wouldn't be able to replicate it on the Leazes/East Stand as it would overlap Leazes Terrace.

1 hour ago, Sima said:

You'd think we'd gain a chunk of seats by not having the access that's in the lower corner of the Milburn/Leazes in a proposed Miburn/Gallowgate corner. Possibly 800-1000.

That's another possibility. I also think they'll look into maybe going down and adding maybe 4 or 5 rows to the front of each stand. That's what Ajax did at the Arena which upped their capacity from 52k to 55,500. With SJP being on high land I wouldn't expect any water table problems and it's quite an easy way of adding 3/4k seats.

4 hours ago, Wandy said:

Wont be as photogenic but think we could scrape in the Leazes/East Stand corner for about 2k extra too, since there would be no loss of light that isn't lost already and there's a bit of paving space there to accomodate it

Just have a transparent pitch and put seats underneath the surface. Easy. It'll go well with the floating crowd observeation platforms and the orbital fanstation.