St James' Park

Delima

6 hours ago, Magpie said:

I was expecting something more than just another stack if i am honest.  On Sela's website they say "we offer world-class experience development and event production". 

Edited by duo

2 minutes ago, duo said:

I was expecting something more than just another stack if i am honest.  On Sela's website they say "we offer world-class experience development and event production". 

They may not want anything permanent so it won't effect any potential ground redevelopment.

28 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

That stack are involved at all when Sela are a company that are supposed to do things exactly like this, and big enough to sponsor a Premier League club shirt, suggests to me they might not be a proper company at all.

Stack is tried and tested, it makes complete business sense to utilise them. what were you expecting like? Sela to fly over a bunch of Saudis to run it all? :lol: I'm not sure they'd quite understand our culture.

17 minutes ago, Big River said:

Stack is tried and tested, it makes complete business sense to utilise them. what were you expecting like? Sela to fly over a bunch of Saudis to run it all? :lol: I'm not sure they'd quite understand our culture.

Agree it makes sense but why was it being linked to Sela in the first place? We’ve got a bit of land and have people who did something similar in the city before. Was no reason for them to ever mention Sela being involved.

Just now, Bellis80 said:

Agree it makes sense but why was it being linked to Sela in the first place? We’ve got a bit of land and have people who did something similar in the city before. Was no reason for them to ever mention Sela being involved.

they're probably funding a lot of it for brand exposure. I bet their logo will be all over it, and they have to do zero of the work involved. everybody wins really!

23 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

It’s not a problem, I just thought a company that can do massive projects in Saudi Arabia could arrange to get some shipping containers arranged on a car park in Newcastle themselves if they were involved.

Why though when there's a tried, tested, well established brand that people are already aware of that they can engage with for a temporary setup. The brand is so well established that just saying 'Stack' people know exactly what it is. Why not utilise that? Sela's job is to oversee the event and experience not to actually physically create it.

The club are a bigger brand. Just use that and you have a company already on board that could create it.

The Stack in town was good. If they said we’re letting them have that car park until we’re ready to do something with it i’d understand it.

2 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

You can at the Shark Club.

i have a love hate relationship with that place

love the size of it, the amount of screens, the waitresses etc

hate how long it takes to get served and the amount of plebs who just dont move from the bar, also think it could be laid out in such a better way