St James' Park

Delima

Just had a survey sent through from the club about upgrading / replacing st James park. 

questions like:

what do you want from catering.

Do you want more bars inside the stadium?

How much more would you pay for a ticket in a newly redeveloped stadium?

How much would you pay for a ticket in a brand-new stadium?

Would you prefer a redeveloped St James Park or brand-new stadium?

Et cetera 

Edited by broony

6 minutes ago, Checko said:

Arent't there stadia in America with jacuzzis and fish tanks in? They have some fancy stuff over there.

NFL games will usually be over 3 hours though. There are literally operas that are shorter than that, so not suprised some people might want a bit more comfort.

Aye live NFL games are awful, there is a need for a telly to entertain you between plays.

7 minutes ago, Checko said:

Arent't there stadia in America with jacuzzis and fish tanks in? They have some fancy stuff over there.

NFL games will usually be over 3 hours though. There are literally operas that are shorter than that, so not suprised some people might want a bit more comfort.

ivngmxciwe4kzny3kvby.jpg

3 minutes ago, NSG said:

The last section of this “hypothetical scenario” is asking if you support them

building a brand new stadium.

Think Mehrdad got a bit ahead of himself in that interview last year when he said they wouldn’t ever consider it.

I would support the building of a new stadium but for me the location would be crucial. A brand new stadium built on the existing SJP site for example, i’d be fully behind similar to what Spurs did. 

3 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

Absolutely fucked if that’s the sort of thing they’re sending. How much more do you want to pay for your ticket basically.

Aye it’s bonkers. Basically reads like they want to turn the place into a corporate machine :lol: 

Course they do that's how you get the revenue up for FFP. I'm part dreading that all when it's like that super modern spaceship stadium, constant social media blitz super club bantz on social media. I love the team, still feel connected to them, bit of a fear when we are man city equivalent we will be winning stuff nda it will be routine and dull

15 minutes ago, Checko said:

I just want a decent cold pint of something I like. Oh and Greggs of course Greggs. 

3 hours ago, Jordan said:

I would support the building of a new stadium but for me the location would be crucial. A brand new stadium built on the existing SJP site for example, i’d be fully behind similar to what Spurs did. 

This, also on Leazes Park would be acceptable, and at the worst on the arena site.

Like fuck would I be happy with a stadium at Silverlink though, despite the fact that I live around the corner from it.

Edited by Stifler

5 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

Baffles me that anyone who has been to a new stadium would want a new stadium.

Depends, are we getting an Ikea stadium like the SOL, Riverside, or the more upmarket version of it The Emirates?

If so then keep it on the shelf.

If we get something like Spurs’ new stadium, aye get the lads on site now.

19 minutes ago, Checko said:

That's what VAR is all about, getting the game ready for the American audience with the attention span of a goldfish.

2 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

Baffles me that anyone who has been to a new stadium would want a new stadium.

We’ve 30-35K ST holders. 72K+ memberships as of October. 3-5K away fans. Corporate allocation only going one way (up).

The current stadium is sonically poor and will soon not reach UEFA/FIFA standards and limited to what events it can hold. What exactly baffles you?

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

We’ve 30-35K ST holders. 72K+ memberships as of October. 3-5K away fans. Corporate allocation only going one way (up).

The current stadium is sonically poor and will soon not reach UEFA/FIFA standards and limited to what events it can hold. What exactly baffles you?

Don’t know any set of fans that have gone to a new stadium and prefer it to the old one. It’s sonically poor yet nearly every player and manager says how good the atmosphere is. Couldn’t care less about it hosting anything other than Newcastle games. I think going much bigger would be too big.

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

They could add another 10k-15k in season ticket holders, expand away fans to 5k, and have 20k members tickets. 

14 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Depends, are we getting an Ikea stadium like the SOL, Riverside, or the more upmarket version of it The Emirates?

If so then keep it on the shelf.

If we get something like Spurs’ new stadium, aye get the lads on site now.

Does infrastructure count when it comes to FFP? 

Let’s be honest I think if they built a stadium they’d want it to be the best in the league. 

It’s the location for me it has to be where it is currently, so maybe a temp stadium like we saw in Qatar whilst they get on with it. 

Edited by Charlies
Tired idiot